Is the world coming to an end?????

Posts that have nothing to do with the Model T. You can post here or OT posts will be moved here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
ironhorse
First Name: G.R.
Last Name: Cheshire
MTFCA Number: 29759

Is the world coming to an end?????

Post by ironhorse » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:37 pm

I just got back from a visit at the FLDHSMV (Florida Dept of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, Also known in other locals as the "DMV") I had to get the titles for all of the vehicles transferred to my name after My wife's Death and renew a couple of registrations. They asked do you have a Death Certificate, I said yes, she looked at all of the paperwork and noted that one of the Vehicles was in my Wife's name only so she would have to ask her supervisor if that one could be re-issued in my name. O.K. so far so good. Her supervisor came back and said that it would not be a problem just sign this form and expressed his condolences, all in all $130.00 and an hour later I walked out of the office with all of my titles and my Registrations in hand got in my truck and it started to rain. Hummm maybe I better not post this more people may move to Florida. :mrgreen:
Do it right or do it over,your choice. Drive like everyone is out to get you!

Rich Eagle
First Name: Richard
Last Name: Eagle
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 TR 1914 TR 1915 Rd 1920 Spdstr 1922 Coupe 1925 Tudor
MTFCA Number: 1219

Re: Is the world coming to an end?????

Post by Rich Eagle » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:53 pm

That is interesting. One way to beat the system.
I am reminded of one who had to transport their grandmother though Yellowstone Park on the way to be buried. They were worried about the paperwork to take a body through a National Park. The Ranger at the gate hemmed and hawed, called his supervisor etc. After some time and he came back with it's all OK. "You need to pay the entrance fee unless she has her Golden Pass with her". :lol:
Most losses have an element of humor if we can enjoy it.
Rich
When did I do that?

Norman Kling
First Name: Norman
Last Name: Kling

Post by Norman Kling » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:06 pm

Kind of how it was when my sister and husband bought a house a couple years ago. When they moved in, they found an urn with someone's ashes in the cupboard. They called the real estate agent and said, we want them removed immediately or they will be on your desk tomorrow. That afternoon, they were removed.
Norm

mbowen
First Name: Miles
Last Name: Bowen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 Express Wagon, 1924 Touring
MTFCA Number: 51651
MTFCI Number: 25343
Board Member Since: 2021

Post by mbowen » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:23 pm

I had no issues four years ago at the Florida DMV near The Villages when getting my deceased step mother’s car transferred to me as a trustee of her estate. A death certificate, copy of her trust and will, and my Michigan ID, and I was out the door in about 30 minutes. When they’re located that close to a retirement community, they must have the process down pat. I sold the car here in Michigan a few months later with no issues.
Rich Eagle wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:53 pm

Most losses have an element of humor if we can enjoy it.
Rich
I was a pallbearer at my wife’s brother’s funeral, and when we took his casket out of the hearse and started downhill toward the gravesite, the toy cars and trucks that had been put in the casket with him rolled to the bottom. All six of us smiled knowingly, but had a little explaining to do to those who weren’t close enough to hear the racket.
Miles
1924 Touring “Bonnie”
1925 Express Wagon “Clyde”

Mark Gregush
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Gregush
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 cutdown PU, 1920 Dodge touring, 1948 F2 Ford flat head 6 pickup 3 speed
MTFCA Number: 52564
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by Mark Gregush » Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:06 am

Before they closed the lid on my Grandmothers coffin, I placed a sun hat and gardening trowel in with her. I was taught by her to wear a hat outside and take it off inside and the trowel was in memory of her gardens and flowers and so she could help take care of those heavenly gardens.
I know the voices aren't real but damn they have some good ideas! :shock:

1925 Cut down pickup
1920 Dodge touring
1948 Ford F2 pickup

PDGx
First Name: Paul
Last Name: Grohsmeyer
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: ‘17 TT Holmes Wrecker
MTFCA Number: 27359
Board Member Since: 2007

Post by PDGx » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:56 am

Another thing about Florida DMV and vehicle registrations. If you are listed as joint owners with both names on the title, put an ‘or’ between your names. Otherwise both parties need to sign.
This gives rights to either one of you, without both of you required to sign for a sale, etc. Survivorship wins,( as long as you trust your partner).
Also, don’t forget to take advantage of the historical, or antique plates, that are good for life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic