FJ - There Is An Important Meeting …

Posts that have nothing to do with the Model T. You can post here or OT posts will be moved here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
FreighTer Jim
First Name: James
Last Name: Jarzabek
MTFCA Number: 29562
MTFCI Number: 24398
Board Member Since: 2008

FJ - There Is An Important Meeting …

Post by FreighTer Jim » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:21 am

Google “ Model T Transport “
MTFCA - MTFCI - MAFCA Member

TXGOAT2
First Name: Pat
Last Name: McNallen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926-7 roadster
MTFCA Number: 51486
Board Member Since: 2021

Re: FJ - There Is An Important Meeting …

Post by TXGOAT2 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:46 am

It's always been pure hell out there. Back in the day, the WWI guys would creep out of their rooming houses and gather to sit on the iron benches around the courthouse lawn all day, mumbling, dipping snuff, and spitting tobacco. Ever once in a while, one or two would get up and wobble across the street to the A&P for more Brown's Mule and snuff. In the Fall, they'd hog all the falling pecans for themselves. Every one of them wore a sort of tan khaki jump suit. These WWII guys with their fancy hot coffee and air conditioned fast food joints have no idea! They've even got a VFW with a kitchen and bar and a big field gun out front!

tdump
First Name: Mack
Last Name: Cole
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: TT. T express pickup,speedster project.
MTFCA Number: 28146

Post by tdump » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:55 pm

around here that is at Bojangles instead of mcdonalds.
Yep,MUCH more truth to that story than you might believe.
I have sat in some of those "meetings" although I was not old enough to participate,I am acutely aware of what 6 80+ years olds sound like when they are ALL hollering at the same time because none of them will buy a damn hearing aid.My 89 year old dad being 1 of them.
If you can't help em, don't hinder em'

Art M
First Name: Art
Last Name: Mirtes
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1923 Touring
MTFCA Number: 32489
MTFCI Number: 24068
Board Member Since: 2016

Post by Art M » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:22 pm

The covid ended our daily morning get together. There were a total of about 12 members. But any any given time there would be 3 to 6 at any time. Some came early, some later, and they left at random times.

Now we meet at the American Legion at 7:30am every Fri. We order breakfast and hang around until about 9:15. There are usually 6 to 10 at each meeting solving the current issues. I always look forward to this meeting.

Art Mirtes

Kaiser
First Name: Leo
Last Name: van Stirum
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1923 Huckster, '66 CJ5 daily driver
Board Member Since: 2016

Post by Kaiser » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:27 am

In the harbour of the old fishing village where i live there is a covered bench where 'the old guys' meet every morning and afternoon to solve all the worlds problems, we call them "de alles wordt minder mannen" which is Dutch for "everything gets worse men" :lol:
When in trouble, do not fear, blame the second engineer ! 8-)
Leo van Stirum, Netherlands
'23 Huckster, '66 CJ5 daily driver

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic