Seattle Air Museum

Posts that have nothing to do with the Model T. You can post here or OT posts will be moved here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Ron Horton
First Name: Ron
Last Name: Horton
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Touring, 1923 Roadster, 1915 Speedster
MTFCA Number: 31269
Board Member Since: 2011

Seattle Air Museum

Post by Ron Horton » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:01 pm

My family and i were in Seattle the first part of this month to catch a cruise ship to Alaska. We had about 4 hours of downtime between hotel checkout and boarding time, so my son, grandson and I decided to visit the Air Museum. That is an incredible collection of aircraft and related items.

As far as I’m concerned, the P-51 Mustang was and is the beautiful airplane ever built, and which I got an hour of backseat airtime in one on my 80th birthday thanks to my entire family buckying up for the ride. For my son, the Concorde and the SR-71 are his choices for honors. I doubt that he is ever going to get any backseat airtime in either of them, but the museum had one of each, as well as just about anything and everything else that ever flew. The Blue Angels were there for an afternoon airshow, which we missed due to a 2 o’clock boarding time, but one of the GIB's the flew in the SR-71 when it was still operational was there with his kiosk under the wing of it selling his books. We got a picture with him and I bought a copy of one of his books (very pricey, but what the hey, we were on vacation) that he autographed for my son. All in all, an excellent 4 hours that we enjoyed immensely.

If flight interests you and you are in the area, you might want to put it on your todo list to visit.

Cheers,

Ron.
I can’t tell if I’m handling life well these days or I just don’t give a sheet anymore :D :D

Burger in Spokane
First Name: Brent
Last Name: Burger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 TT closed cab flatbed
Board Member Since: 2014

Re: Seattle Air Museum

Post by Burger in Spokane » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:06 am

I SO enjoy hearing someone relate an experience that really made their day like
this. I felt the same way, seeing the early narrow gauge locomotives at the California
Railroad Museum in Sacramento. A cross between being a 5-year-old kid on Christmas
morning, wanting to cry, and connecting with history in a way that defies words.

Thanks for sharing. 👍
More people are doing it today than ever before !

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic