^&%#$@ Fires, other hobbies and "Go Fund Me"

Posts that have nothing to do with the Model T. You can post here or OT posts will be moved here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Rob Patterson
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Patterson
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '21 Canadian built Aust'n Bodied (Steenbohms) Touring & '15 Speedster
Board Member Since: 2003

^&%#$@ Fires, other hobbies and "Go Fund Me"

Post by Rob Patterson » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:00 pm

Hi Folks,

Some of you know that like many others on this forum, I have an interest in Vintage Farm Engines and tractors as well as Vintage Fords. The club I belong to, MATAMA, has our headquarters in an old Historic Village called "Old Mogo Town", not far from where I live. We had a big slab timber and iron shed there full of all sorts of machinery and was open to the public. Once a week a group of retired members, myself included, met there to chew the fat, argue about politics, women, religion etc and to restore and preserve machinery. This group call themselves, the "Mogo Old Oilers" https://matama.weebly.com/moos.html

On New years Eve one of the massive fires tore through Old Mogo Town and completely destroyed everything our club owns. There is almost nothing left of the shed, machinery and our tools.

Some of the Machinery has been classified as recoverable, including a 1904 6HP York, the only one of its kind in Australia and the first internal combustion engine to come to the area.
In order to raise funds to start down this long slow and expensive path, yesterday, I built a "Go Fund Me" page; https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-help- ... are-flow-1
I need your help with this on 2 points. One, I have absolutely NO social Media connections and I hope that you folk can help out by placing this link on your facebook, twitter and instagram pages please.

The other is should you feel you'd like to help out directly, then any donation would be very, very welcome.

Thanks & Cheers,
Rob
"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." HENRY FORD

DLodge
First Name: Dick
Last Name: Lodge
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924 Touring
MTFCA Number: 19659
Board Member Since: 1999

Re: ^&%#$@ Fires, other hobbies and "Go Fund Me"

Post by DLodge » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:19 pm

Rob, I just posted a link on the Austin 10 Owners Group on Facebook. Good luck!

Topic author
Rob Patterson
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Patterson
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '21 Canadian built Aust'n Bodied (Steenbohms) Touring & '15 Speedster
Board Member Since: 2003

Re: ^&%#$@ Fires, other hobbies and "Go Fund Me"

Post by Rob Patterson » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:21 pm

DLodge wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:19 pm
Rob, I just posted a link on the Austin 10 Owners Group on Facebook. Good luck!
Thank You. Its very much appreciated.
Cheers,
Rob
"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." HENRY FORD

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic