Getting a Title for my T

Topic author
lnoller
First Name: Larry
Last Name: Noller
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1911 Torpedo, 1923 Coupe, 1924 Roadster

Getting a Title for my T

Post by lnoller » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:05 pm

I had a T that did not have a title so it was sort of a big problem here in Missouri. I had been reading about having it registered in Vermont where you can register a vehicle even though you are not a resident. I got a Bill of Sale, filled out the Vermont paperwork, paid the Vermont sales tax and three weeks later I had a Vermont registration (no titles in Vermont on vehicles over 15 years old). Took the registration to my DMV and they issued me a Missouri Title with the correct vehicle year and type. Easy way to get a title, completely legal also.

Mark Gregush
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Gregush
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 cutdown PU, 1920 Dodge touring, 1948 F2 Ford flat head 6 pickup 3 speed
MTFCA Number: 52564
Board Member Since: 1999

Re: Getting a Title for my T

Post by Mark Gregush » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:41 pm

Great, but not all states will accept those titles. You are not offering a service, which is what this section is for, so this would be better on the general T forum.
I know the voices aren't real but damn they have some good ideas! :shock:

1925 Cut down pickup
1920 Dodge touring
1948 Ford F2 pickup

Loftbed
First Name: Rod
Last Name: Letcher
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Speedster
MTFCA Number: 32097

Post by Loftbed » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:08 am

Sheeesh, the guy was just trying to be helpful and frankly I found it to be just that!

Rod
:D
1965 Shelby Cobra (Factory Five repo)
1957 Ford Thunderbird
1941 Ford PU

Gen3AntiqueAuto
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Foye
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 27 Fordor, 15 speedster (2), 23 touring, 26 fordor, 25 TT
MTFCA Number: 292
MTFCA Life Member: YES
MTFCI Number: 106
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by Gen3AntiqueAuto » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:55 pm

Thank you for the SERVICE of GIVING INFORMATION some of us desperately need.
Gen III Antique Auto - we do Model T Ford Restorations

You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want -Zig Z.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeROBg ... pB-KImprjw

marctee
First Name: Marc
Last Name: hall
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924
Board Member Since: 2020

Post by marctee » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:49 am

So vermont will only give you a registration and NOT A TITLE ? And after taht we have to find a state that will register without a title ? Any idea on how to get a title after taht ? pls thanks for the info . I need indeed.

Derek Kiefer
First Name: Derek
Last Name: Kiefer
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 Touring, 1926 Gow Job
Board Member Since: 2011

Post by Derek Kiefer » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:12 am

Vermont has closed that "loophole" so this is no longer an option.

marctee
First Name: Marc
Last Name: hall
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924
Board Member Since: 2020

Post by marctee » Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:14 pm

does anyone knows about any other state ?

John kuehn
First Name: John
Last Name: Kuehn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 19 Roadster, 21 Touring, 24 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 28924

Post by John kuehn » Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:10 am

Using a bonded title service is the easiest way to obtain a lost or missing title for an antique car. Most if not all states have bonded titles services which know what the steps are and what you need to do to get a good title. It’s not free but they can save you the many headaches that happens and especially when you try to use the DMV in your paticular state. Not all will cause a headache but the majority will.

When buying an antique car with no title or bill of sale it lowers the asking price by at least 500.00 or more. If they won’t come down on the price don’t buy it. A bill of sale may help some but not much if any.

These folks may help you. https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/thr ... le.461057/

tdump
First Name: Mack
Last Name: Cole
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: TT. T express pickup,speedster project.
MTFCA Number: 28146

Post by tdump » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:11 pm

It cost me a 100 bucks to get a bond for my T pickup. And no looking over my shoulders or black Crown vics with badged robots carrying big guns in uniforms coming to get me. Well worth it.
If you can't help em, don't hinder em'

signsup
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Brough
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 War Wagon 1927 Depot Hack 1927 TT
MTFCA Number: 31990
MTFCI Number: 31990
Board Member Since: 2015

Post by signsup » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:15 pm

I have not done a bonded title in GA, but have researched them for military Humvees, which are sold without titles in most cases. The way a bonded title works is that you pay a title company the fee and they guarantee the state that they will not be held liable for title issues. The title you receive has no limitations and can be transferred if the car is sold. The bond is no longer required after two years, so you are only paying for this service once and it lasts both years.
Price is dependant upon declared value, but is less than your car insurance. GA does not title vehicles older than, say 1980, but will provide what they call a conditional title for older cars. I have them on several of my military jeeps. They are not restrictive in any way they are only conditional in the fact that they do not guarantee that there are no liens on the title.
Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

A bunch of old cars
Sometimes they run.
Sometimes, they don't.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic