Whatisit?

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
George Mills
First Name: George
Last Name: Mills
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Roadster, 1919 Hack, 1925 Fordor
MTFCA Number: 29497
MTFCI Number: 10032
Board Member Since: 1999

Whatisit?

Post by George Mills » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:27 am

Just being a bit cute...but...it IS an actual Ford Model T item (reproduced) Part number T-1923

This actually completes the tool project for me (Nah...this stuff is never done :))

Most are probably not aware, Ford actually shipped a 'toolbox' with every car. Somewhere in the past there is a VF article about the 'toolbox'.

OK, so the 'toolbox' was made of corrugated material, the filling was sisal and the tie string probably of cheap hemp twine. (I guessed at the butcher 4 corner wrap being the most logical and quickest way to tie it up keeping the flaps tight...the string could have been precut and tied in a loop-stretched in place without tying a knot after putting in place).

There is to my knowledge no documentation as to whether the dealer took the 'toolbox' contents out and went with loose tools and the black pouch, left to rattle around...or left the factory packaged tool kit in the corrugated 'wrapper' which probably did not last that long anyway once a car was purchased. Did it for fun...yes...it is stuffed with old fashioned sisal. Will be adding it to the '15 kit.

IMG_8393.jpeg
IMG_8392.jpeg

Moxie26
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Jablonski
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Runabout
MTFCA Number: 407
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Re: Whatisit?

Post by Moxie26 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:06 am

Well anyway, Merry Christmas. George!.... I hope the contents are actually model T tools, repro's or Ford.

Topic author
George Mills
First Name: George
Last Name: Mills
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Roadster, 1919 Hack, 1925 Fordor
MTFCA Number: 29497
MTFCI Number: 10032

Re: Whatisit?

Post by George Mills » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:39 pm

Thanks Bob,

Merry Christmas to you too...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic