OT I need a new leg. Not a joke or spam.

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Wkndead
First Name: Richard
Last Name: Mercier
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 touring, 1922 six post delivery, other
MTFCA Number: 50815
MTFCI Number: 25456
Board Member Since: 2017

OT I need a new leg. Not a joke or spam.

Post by Wkndead » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:42 am

Please take the time to read. Looking for anyone that may live near or around Gig Harbor Washington area to correspond with. Reason: after an ankle surgery that I had over a year ago and didn't work out I can no longer walk. Luckily at this point it still lets me enjoy driving but I have sever pain when weight bearing on it so walking is out. My only option is what they call a limb salvage operation. Won't go into details,not a good thing, and won't be driving again. After researching on line I found an alternative to that type of surgery. It's called the ExoSym. Look it up very interesting. The only place in the US that custom makes this is in Gig Harbor Washington and it's a two week process. The ExoSym will still allow me to drive my T. :D Was hopping someone on the forum that may live near the area to help with my planing of this trip. Hotels, restaurants etc. as will as maybe meet a talk T's while I'm in the area. And yes I know there is Google maps that show everything but it's not like talking to someone that knows the area. Just trying to keep the cost down as this is not covered by insurances. Thanks for taking the time to read.

StvHump
First Name: Steven
Last Name: Humphrey
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1

Re: OT I need a new leg. Not a joke or spam.

Post by StvHump » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:20 am

I checked out Exosym, and some good stories there. And for 9000 to 12000 its got to be good.
I do not live anywhere near there, so no help on what you were asking for.
I do wish you all the luck in the world, and will pray that GOD Blesses you on your future...

Good Luck,
Steve

Raoul von S.
First Name: Raoul
Last Name: Vaughn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 truck

Post by Raoul von S. » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:10 am

I lived in the area 30 years ago. What do you want to know ? The area has developed
massively since I left (the reason I left), so availability of accommodations should be no
issue. I am too long gone to know the skinny on doing it on the cheap, if that is your angle.
"Working today, for a seamless tomorrow"

perry kete
First Name: Dennis
Last Name: Seth
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1922 Coupe 1927 Touring

Post by perry kete » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:00 pm

About 20 years ago my son was in a bad motorcycle accident and may have lost his leg if it wasn't for a surgical team in Pittsburgh Pa who use cadaver parts and rebuilt his leg. After a period of rehab he started riding his motorcycle, driving his car and working every day. That was 20 years ago so I'm sure they have made many medical advances since then.
1922 Coupe & 1927 Touring

mtntee20
First Name: Terry & Sharon
Last Name: Miller
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1920 Center Door, 1920 TTWood cab Farm Truck with cable dump grain bed, 1920 TT C-Cab with express bed, 1927 Wood body Dairy Delivery truck
MTFCA Number: 32583
Board Member Since: 2017

Post by mtntee20 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:02 pm

Richard,

I have a shipmate/friend that used to live in Gig Harbor. He has since moved to Seatle in 2016. I asked him and this is his response:

"I'd be happy to recommend some restaurants and brewpubs. There is limited public transportation and the hotel situation is a little on the pricey side. It's a bit of a resort town in that way. Depending on his length of stay he might do better with AirBnB or Vacation Rental By Owner (VRBO). That said the Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites, which is within walking distance to the ExoSym Hanger Clinic, is nice - we've stayed there when we were house hunting and have had family stay there when we did not have room for everyone. Our favorite Indian restaurant is also very near there. I don't know anything about the clinic - I just looked it up online when I got your email."

That's the best I can do for you. I would be happy to connect you with my friend but it's been a couple of years since he moved. He would be a good person to ask for any specifics. PM me if you would like.

Good Luck,
Terry

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic