Magnet Destruction-1, Hank-0

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Henry K. Lee
First Name: Henry
Last Name: Lee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Many
MTFCA Number: 479
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Magnet Destruction-1, Hank-0

Post by Henry K. Lee » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:45 pm

Well that Magnet was the little pixie folks. Totally ground itself up into the oil, (Gritty oil) Yikes!
The bushings in the transmission are toast, the crankshaft has a nice dark gray film attached to it, Yuck!
Well, I have another engine ready for it so shelve the old one.

I have a winter project!

All the Best,

Hank hanging in the playhouse!

[/attachment][attachment=2]IMG_0691.jpg[/attachment[attachment=1]IMG_0693.jpg
Attachments
IMG_0690.jpg
IMG_0693.jpg
IMG_0691.jpg

CudaMan
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Strange
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924 Cut Off Touring (now a pickup)
MTFCA Number: 30944
MTFCI Number: 23667
Board Member Since: 2013

Re: Magnet Destruction-1, Hank-0

Post by CudaMan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:48 pm

So sorry to hear of your misfortune. Cleaning the parts will be a bear, since the little particles will be magnetic and won't just wipe off. :o
Mark Strange
Hillsboro, MO
1924 Cut-off Touring (now a pickup)

Topic author
Henry K. Lee
First Name: Henry
Last Name: Lee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Many
MTFCA Number: 479
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Post by Henry K. Lee » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:03 pm

Mark,

I am not cleaning it for awhile!! I am waiting for all the planets to align and three moons to form with some pixies dancing!

Hank

John Warren
First Name: John
Last Name: Warren
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 14 Roadster, 25 Pickup , 26 Canadian Touring , and a 24-28 TA race car

Post by John Warren » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:33 pm

Hank it may not have circulated as bad as something like sand because it is sticking to everything. Still sorry you didn't find it in bigger pieces.
24-28 TA race car, 26 Canadian touring, 25 Roadster pickup, 14 Roadster, and 11AB Maxwell runabout
Keep it simple and keep a good junk pile if you want to invent something :P

Rob Patterson
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Patterson
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '21 Canadian built Aust'n Bodied (Steenbohms) Touring & '15 Speedster
Board Member Since: 2003

Post by Rob Patterson » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:28 pm

Hank,
I read this and your previous post and I thank you very much for bringing our/my attention to your problem.
I am about to start my Speedster for the very first time and thanks to this thread and not being sure (Old timers disease) whether the screen I had put in the thing had a magnet or not, I've just removed the plate and found a magnet in the screen. It was unfixed in the screen, and had been floating around loose. I say HAD because when I found it, it was jammed half in and half out of the screen and was trying desperately to take a swan dive into the gearbox. The magnet is now sitting on my bench and I have yet another story to tell. Both my cars have magnetic sump plugs too.
So, my advice to anyone who is unsure if they have one of these things is.....CHECK IT. If its the unfixed kind, remove it or fix it permanently in place....but please, take the time and make that check.
Cheers,
Rob
"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." HENRY FORD

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic