Anyone in Fl know jjlissa10@gmail with a '24 T

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
SurfCityGene
First Name: Gene
Last Name: Carrothers
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 Torpedo Roadster
MTFCA Number: 22905
MTFCI Number: 23068
Board Member Since: 1999

Anyone in Fl know jjlissa10@gmail with a '24 T

Post by SurfCityGene » Sat May 09, 2020 8:46 pm

Received unusual text concerning a Gish auto oiler system that I have advertised on the Long Beach Magneto News. After the usual what condition and bottom dollar price He offered the standard "I'll send a check and my shipper will pick it up after check clears" I have sold and given a few things to other T guys and never been scammed but this smells.

You hate not to trust a guy when it comes to T's so thought I might post here if anyone in the Flordia area migh recognize this address. His name is James Smith??
Thanks
Gene
1912 Torpedo Roadster

DLodge
First Name: Dick
Last Name: Lodge
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924 Touring
MTFCA Number: 19659

Re: Anyone in Fl know jjlissa10@gmail with a '24 T

Post by DLodge » Sat May 09, 2020 9:04 pm

Tried googling the email address. This was one of the first hits:

"Update: Jammy Shelhart - AUTOMATED SERVICES LLC (jjlissa10@gmail.com is running the counterfeit check scam. This person is now also running the scam in which they ask you to pay $100 of a $200 inspection fee. Using fake inspector named Kelvyn O.J Transportation, Inc. (kolosurveys@outlook.com)."

A bunch of other hits, also concerning scammers.

My advice is run, don't walk, away from this.

Topic author
SurfCityGene
First Name: Gene
Last Name: Carrothers
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 Torpedo Roadster
MTFCA Number: 22905
MTFCI Number: 23068

Re: Anyone in Fl know jjlissa10@gmail with a '24 T

Post by SurfCityGene » Mon May 11, 2020 8:06 pm

This Gish auto Oiler is Real popular!! I received another call from a different Florida guy named Bobby justing wanting to buy my parts since he had seen it in the Magneto News, our Long Beach T monthly flyer. This guy claimed to be a past member! Same MO scam with him sending a cashiers check and after it clears the bank he'd send his shipping company to pick it up.

I told him just to send me the cash to my PO box and I'd let him know when to pick it up. Also told him that No Model T guys would be up at 3AM looking for parts. Of course he didn't know the other Florida guy just the day before?

Be careful of Scammers... This one was pretty obvious and when in doubt enter their web address in Google and you'll probably read about their other scam stories.
1912 Torpedo Roadster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic