Walker Jack looked familiar

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
TTFarm
First Name: James
Last Name: Barker
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 TT
MTFCA Number: 50547

Walker Jack looked familiar

Post by TTFarm » Sat May 16, 2020 5:37 pm

When I became interested in the family 1926 model TT in 2018 I searched for Model T tools online because I figured we had some laying around, and I just did not know what to look for. I came across the Walker Jack Company of Racine Wis. as a maker of jacks for Model T’s. After seeing a picture of a Walker Ratchet Jack I immediately recognized it as one used in my youth. For years it held up the tongue of a feed wagon that I backed up to hundreds of times. I set out to look for it as it had not been used for 50 years. Jack and handle were located under the work bench in the shop. This “under the work bench” has been accumulating stuff for probably 70 years so there is probably good stuff along with junk. I do not know that this jack belonged to our Model TT, and probably would say it is not part of the original tool kit but it sure caught my attention.
(Walker Jack Co. Racine Wis. Pat. Applied For)writing
(Walker Jack Co. Racine Wis. Pat. Applied For)writing

DHort
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Hjortnaes
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 24 Speedster, 20 touring
MTFCA Number: 28762
MTFCI Number: 22402

Re: Walker Jack looked familiar

Post by DHort » Sat May 16, 2020 8:27 pm

If you google.maps Racine, WI you can see where Walker mfg used to be. Go to the Pugh Marina and look north, west of the Racine yacht club, and you will see all the squares of concrete where the factory was located.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic