Airconditioning in Model T?

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
1194668jc
First Name: John
Last Name: Crespo
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: None! (For now...)

Airconditioning in Model T?

Post by 1194668jc » Mon May 18, 2020 4:10 am

Since I was in 4th grade, I have always wanted a Model T Ford as a daily car. They're just beautiful machines, what can say. Well, fast-forward 6 years and I am now on the fence between a Ford Model T going 45 mph and a Ford Model A going 65 mph. It's hard to choose between vintage qualities and reliable qualities. But if both are missing something, it would be AC. In the near future, I will be moving to Florida and summers are HOT! I thought about installing AC into the cars but I didn't want to ruin the originality. After some research, I came across the Evapolar Portable AC/Humidifier/Fan. Does anyone think that this little machine can decently cool the interior of a Ford Model T/A in 90 f temperatures?

Kerry
First Name: Frank
Last Name: van Ekeren
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1916 touring, 1916 pick-up, 1924 coupe, 1926 touring, 1927 touring

Re: Airconditioning in Model T?

Post by Kerry » Mon May 18, 2020 6:57 am

First off, not a good idea in thinking you will be cruising at 45mph in a T or 65 in an A. that will kill either real fast. As for air con, both are airy enough from opening windscreens, removable side curtains or wind down windows and fold down tops.

Charlie B in N.J.
First Name: CHARLIE
Last Name: BRANCA
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: "27 Tudor / "23 Touring
MTFCA Number: 28967
Board Member Since: 2010

Post by Charlie B in N.J. » Mon May 18, 2020 7:39 am

I think I've seen a T pic posted on here some years back that had AC. Have no idea what the post was about or how to find it but it's been done,
Forget everything you thought you knew.

Henry K. Lee
First Name: Henry
Last Name: Lee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Many
MTFCA Number: 479
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Post by Henry K. Lee » Mon May 18, 2020 7:40 am

If that is what I think it is, "a swamp cooler", it will only add humidity. Just Sayin'

Hank

Dan Hatch
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Hatch
MTFCA Number: 49974

Post by Dan Hatch » Mon May 18, 2020 8:31 am

We had a local that put a homemade ac in his 24 coupe. He got a 6 volt add on heater for a 50,s truck, 6 volt fuel pump, cooler , coppers tubing and ice. He put tubing inside cooler filled with ice. Used pump to move water through tubing in cooler to heater mounted in car. Cooled the car very good. He used it with good results at National Tour in Mobile Al in early 90’s. Dan

Mark Nunn
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Nunn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Runabout
MTFCA Number: 50321
Board Member Since: 2017

Post by Mark Nunn » Mon May 18, 2020 8:55 am

Hank is right. Swamp coolers work by heat absorption as the water evaporates. The effectiveness of the cooler depends on relative humidity in the ambient air. In the dry air of Henderson NV, you would get a cooling effect. However, the high-humidity conditions of Florida allows much less evaporation and less cooling.

Sarikatime
Last Name: Seress
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 Towncar, 1915 Touring
MTFCA Number: 27707

Post by Sarikatime » Mon May 18, 2020 9:05 am

In the seventies there was a company that manufactured Brand new model A reproductions with all modern runningear that had everything from A/C to cruise control. A friend of mine has one in comiefornia but never uses it since he is too big height wise. I assume it had to pass certain criteria like crash test and smog to be on the road when it was manufactured. Something like that would be more safer and comfortable in the Florida heat than something converted. Just an idea. Frank

Scott_Conger
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Conger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13, '15, '19, '23
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by Scott_Conger » Mon May 18, 2020 9:23 am

Scott Conger

Tyranny under the guise of law is still Tyranny

NH Full Flow Float Valves
Obsolete carburetor parts manufactured

Henry K. Lee
First Name: Henry
Last Name: Lee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Many
MTFCA Number: 479

Post by Henry K. Lee » Mon May 18, 2020 9:24 am

Frank those were Model A Shay’s using a Pinto power train.

Hank

Grady Puryear
First Name: Grady L
Last Name: Puryear

Post by Grady Puryear » Mon May 18, 2020 9:26 am

FWIW, long ago in days of working 24/7 and Company Cars, I would sometimes be in some of the hotter parts of the United States, I found out about the Swamp Fans. They worked reasonably well in the dryer parts of the States, West Texas, Kansas, New Mexico, etc., but really cooled only if it was dry. They sat on top of the passenger window, and if one was not careful, would dump the cooling water all over the interior in a quick stop, I don't think that in Florida it would do you much good. I have been known to dump a sack of crushed ice on the floor boards, open the under dash vents, and drive on, worked pretty well, like I said, Company Cars. :D :D :D

DLodge
First Name: Dick
Last Name: Lodge
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924 Touring
MTFCA Number: 19659
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by DLodge » Mon May 18, 2020 9:28 am

Charlie B in N.J. wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 7:39 am
I think I've seen a T pic posted on here some years back that had AC. Have no idea what the post was about or how to find it but it's been done.
"Your wish is my command..." :D

This is a picture I took of Hal Schedler's sedan at the Centennial in Richmond in 2008. It would, of course, be worth pointing out that Hal is in the air conditioning business.

IMG_3268.JPG

Mark Gregush
Last Name: Gregush
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 cutdown PU, 1920 Dodge touring, 1948 F2 Ford flat head 6 pickup 3 speed
MTFCA Number: 52564

Post by Mark Gregush » Mon May 18, 2020 9:30 am

There are a number of people that have AC's in there Model A, not swamp coolers. Google Fordbarn; Model A AC
https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... Model+A+AC
I know the voices aren't real but damn they have some good ideas! :shock:

1925 Cut down pickup
1920 Dodge touring
1948 Ford F2 pickup

Steve Jelf
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Jelf
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1923 touring and a few projects
MTFCA Number: 16175
MTFCI Number: 14758
Board Member Since: 2007

Post by Steve Jelf » Mon May 18, 2020 9:46 am

In the seventies there was a company that manufactured Brand new model A reproductions...

Shay.

IMG_5170 copy.JPG
Remember these? I do. Mom may have gotten a little cool air because it was in her window where she could pull the strings to keep the drum wet. My little brother and I in the back seat with all the windows closed were dying from the heat. :D

IMG_4095 copy.JPG
My runabout's AC is a roll-up rear curtain.
The inevitable often happens.
1915 Runabout
1923 Touring

Jim_PTC_GA
First Name: James
Last Name: Fisher
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924, 1925-ish
MTFCA Number: 31822
Board Member Since: 2016

Post by Jim_PTC_GA » Mon May 18, 2020 10:17 am

My daily driver here in Georgia is a 1970 F100 with no A.C.. It's something you just get used to and long trips are planned for early morning when the temperature is low.

Couldn't imagine a T with AC, would feel wrong.
Just give me time to Rust and I'll be good as new. :) Wabi-Sabi

Dollisdad
First Name: Tom
Last Name: Rootlieb
MTFCA Number: 440

Post by Dollisdad » Mon May 18, 2020 11:25 am

On the 1984 cross country run there was a guy from Richardson, Texas named Ralph Reeder who drove a center door sedan with air conditioning. I never saw his set up, but the car was fast. It would drive around me, climbing a hill and disappear over the next one. I’m sure it had an overhead. It was hot in mid July and he would drive around me with all the windows rolled up and smile and wave. Here is Ralph and his wife Candy and their car. Rest In Peace my friends.
E188B3AF-099B-4D1F-9C2E-555C05C9D1E8.jpeg

John.Zibell
Last Name: Zibell
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Tudor
MTFCA Number: 30265
MTFCI Number: 24046

Post by John.Zibell » Mon May 18, 2020 11:28 am

I have a friend with an air condition Model A. Probably easier to to do the A than the T. Also the A has twice the horsepower of the T so it would probably drag a T down quite a bit running AC.
1926 Tudor

George House
First Name: George
Last Name: House
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: ‘10 Maxwell AA, ‘11Hupp Model 20, Two 1914 Ford runabouts, 19 centerdoor, 25 C Cab,26 roadster
MTFCA Number: 115

Post by George House » Mon May 18, 2020 12:14 pm

Not too sure a modern AC auto compressor would drag down our precious 20 HP. We used to have a ‘62 ch&$€y II with dealer add on AC. When you flicked the switch to turn it on while underway, you were thrown forward in the seat. Nowadays, the compressors somehow don’t steal HP from the little KIAs and Prius. AC in a T might be s good idea.
I don’t know why I turned out this way. My parents were decent people 🤪

walber
First Name: Walt
Last Name: Berdan
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '18 Speedster had 25 touring and 26 coupe
MTFCA Number: 16421

Post by walber » Mon May 18, 2020 1:06 pm

AC could be added to either an A or a T. Would take some mods that require some skills and knowledge (or $$). Expecting cruising at 45 in a T or 65 in an A would require significant upgrades in any case. Both would need modifications to power, gearing and brakes to be anything near reliable and confident sustaining those speeds.

Model A's would be easier to modify - I did that in stages over the last 2 years - higher compression cylinder head, camshaft mods, and different carburetor for phase 1. I also rebuilt the front axle and added good shock absorbers. The most recent phase added an overdrive to keep the RPM range appropriate for a steady 60 to 65 (which I frankly don't really enjoy but know I can do). Handling is still somewhat marginal in any surprise situation. Model A brakes with iron drums can be adequate if properly set up. The updates were not cheap.

Model T's are far more primitive with regard to steering, stability at speed, power and especially braking. I like to think of a stock T having 25 MPH brakes, anything faster requires planning ahead. Stock brakes only work on the rear wheels, adding brakes to all 4 is not a trivial undertaking and not available as a kit. The T also has no shocks and while the suspension is well suited to rugged roads, it is not suitable for quick turns at any speed. Gearing changes are readily available for a T but with a stock 20 horsepower that will slow you down in anticipation of hills, power changes would almost certainly be required. Power can be increased reliably but gets expensive.

KeithG
First Name: Keith
Last Name: Gumbinger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '14 Touring, '26 RPU, '27 Fordor, '27 Touring
MTFCA Number: 4661
MTFCI Number: 6866

Post by KeithG » Mon May 18, 2020 1:21 pm

Contact Hal Schedler in Northern California if you are really interested in an A/C in a Model T. He is retired from running his own automotive air conditioning business and he installed one in his Model T Fordor Sedan. I think it was based on a Chev. S-10 unit. We rode with him for awhile on a tour once and the A/C worked quite good, even with 4 adults in the car, and it still had plenty of power. Hal really knows Model T's and air conditioning also.

Keith
'14 Touring, '26 Roadster Pickup, '27 Fordor, '27 Touring
Motto: It's hard to build a garage that's tooooo big! :D

Dropacent
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Morsher
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925TT, 1926 Martin-Parry bodied wagon, 1927 mercury bodied speedster

Post by Dropacent » Mon May 18, 2020 1:29 pm

Maybe you should get a little later vintage ford product like this.
8DFACD40-C2DD-41BC-BA81-4D031BC8AFFE.jpeg

Topic author
1194668jc

Post by 1194668jc » Mon May 18, 2020 1:32 pm

My, how splendid! It's just too bad that I'm just not willing to have a window AC and generator hanging off the car!
Good laugh, though.

FreighTer Jim
First Name: James
Last Name: Jarzabek
MTFCA Number: 29562
MTFCI Number: 24398
Board Member Since: 2008

I Don’t Need No Stinkin’ AC

Post by FreighTer Jim » Mon May 18, 2020 1:36 pm

Today I am traveling west along I-40 thru Eastern Arkansas. 😎

In the trailer is a 1911 Model T Touring bound for Albuquerque and a 1927 Model T Tudor bound for Flagstaff.

I never run the air conditioning in my F350 CC Dually. 🤓

FJ
Last edited by FreighTer Jim on Wed May 20, 2020 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Google “ Model T Transport “
MTFCA - MTFCI - MAFCA Member

Dropacent
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Morsher
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925TT, 1926 Martin-Parry bodied wagon, 1927 mercury bodied speedster

Post by Dropacent » Mon May 18, 2020 1:49 pm

John, there is nothing I like more than to see an early ford as a daily driver. I’m working on a 1962 ford econoline pickup truck for mine. There are several people I know that drive Ts and As daily. Go for your dream! HOWEVER, you need to know the limitations. There is an old saying with Ts, you can drive them all day and all night at 35MPH, OR you can drive them all day at 45 and spend all night working on them. I’ve followed my cousin for years now, he driving his T to Richmond, or many times to Dearborn. He might as well have cruise control because he is a mile or two from 35 mph the whole way. Engine Joe just recently took a couple shims out, and cousin will do the same th8ng for another 10 years.
My experience of long distance driving is with a model A at about 45. Sure , they can make 60 but they don’t like it. I have a friend who gets on the interstate down by Columbus with a stock model A roadster, for short spurts.
Today, with autos we don’t even check the oil. With these old cars, maintenance is essential. Checking the air pressure, checking the lubrication in all areas, greasing the car. Nowadays you don’t even grease a car. If you desire to slow down and smell the roses , it’s a great idea. So, if you don’t mind the greasing, the airing, the oiling, the tightening of loose nuts and bolts, and adding to that keeping the air on, you will have plenty to keep you busy. Most Ts have wooden framed bodies. That’s another whole thing to take care of. There is a very active model A club in the ft Myers area, and a lot of T ownership there, too. Good luck on the choice.

DLodge
First Name: Dick
Last Name: Lodge
MTFCA Number: 19659

Post by DLodge » Mon May 18, 2020 2:37 pm

Dropacent wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:49 pm
...but they don’t like it. ...
Tim, that's exactly the phrase I use when people ask about my T and speed. It's not a question how how fast it can go, but of how fast it likes to go.

Topic author
1194668jc

Post by 1194668jc » Mon May 18, 2020 4:02 pm

Oh yes, Mr. Morsher, I would love to be able to do that kind of work. Maintaining a little old car is one of the joys that I want to experience when driving a T or A. In the part of Florida that I will be in, there is little traffic and everything I need is about 5 miles away. My high school, my future college, the supermarket, a gas station, etc are all nearby. I would love to just be able to cruise 35-45 mph to those places. AC is just one of the things I was thinking about to make the ride a little more comfortable. But I sure can handle it, so long it is the Flivver or A.

Charles J
First Name: Charles
Last Name: Jenkins
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Coupe
MTFCA Number: 28066

Post by Charles J » Mon May 18, 2020 6:13 pm

45 mile per hour in a T with 25 mile per hour brakes with today's traffic is bad enough model A with better brakes. That being said nothing like a country road and a drive in your T

DHort
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Hjortnaes
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 24 Speedster, 20 touring
MTFCA Number: 28762
MTFCI Number: 22402

Post by DHort » Mon May 18, 2020 6:17 pm

I have driven my Speedster in 100 degree heat and you barely notice it is hot until you stop. With my touring I put the top up to keep the sun off, and heat comes up through the floor from the exhaust, and it is not too bad. You can have that Florida heat and humidity. Almost as bad as Texas. I will stay up here in Wisconsin where I can drive in the snow and make donuts if I feel like it.

Dallas Landers
First Name: Dallas
Last Name: Landers
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 26 Rpu, 23 TT, 24 coupe,
MTFCA Number: 49995

Post by Dallas Landers » Mon May 18, 2020 9:58 pm

Top up, windshield tilted back top and bottom and its pretty nice even on hot days. Like sitting under a shade tree with a stiff breeze.

Steve Jelf
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Jelf
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1923 touring and a few projects
MTFCA Number: 16175
MTFCI Number: 14758
Board Member Since: 2007

Post by Steve Jelf » Mon May 18, 2020 10:45 pm

When people ask the usual question "How fast will it go?" I always tell them I've had it up to 50 mph briefly, just to see if I could, but I didn't like it. Just too scary and dangerous. As the other guys have said, the car doesn't like it either.
The inevitable often happens.
1915 Runabout
1923 Touring

Duey_C
First Name: Duane
Last Name: Cooley
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 18 Runabout, 24 Runabout for 20yrs, 25 TT, late Center Door project, open express pickup
MTFCA Number: 32488
Board Member Since: 2015

Post by Duey_C » Mon May 18, 2020 11:26 pm

I LOVE and remember the pic of Hal's A-C unit and would but I have open cars...
Since I lost my mind mind, I feel more liberated

Mark Gregush
Last Name: Gregush
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 cutdown PU, 1920 Dodge touring, 1948 F2 Ford flat head 6 pickup 3 speed
MTFCA Number: 52564

Post by Mark Gregush » Tue May 19, 2020 1:26 pm

" I like to think of a stock T having 25 MPH brakes, anything faster requires planning ahead." Even at speeds under 25 you need to plan ahead. Remembering that most T ride on 30" tires with a very very small foot print, does not take much to lock up the brakes in a panic stop, sliding isn't stopping!! Been there done that. :shock:

Here is a link to Fordbarn, they are talking about AC's in Model A's right now;
https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281104
I know the voices aren't real but damn they have some good ideas! :shock:

1925 Cut down pickup
1920 Dodge touring
1948 Ford F2 pickup

thom
First Name: Tommy
Last Name: Coffey
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '21 Touring

Post by thom » Tue May 19, 2020 2:19 pm

1194668jc wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 4:10 am
Since I was in 4th grade, I have always wanted a Model T Ford as a daily car. They're just beautiful machines, what can say. Well, fast-forward 6 years and I am now on the fence between a Ford Model T going 45 mph and a Ford Model A going 65 mph. It's hard to choose between vintage qualities and reliable qualities. But if both are missing something, it would be AC. In the near future, I will be moving to Florida and summers are HOT! I thought about installing AC into the cars but I didn't want to ruin the originality. After some research, I came across the Evapolar Portable AC/Humidifier/Fan. Does anyone think that this little machine can decently cool the interior of a Ford Model T/A in 90 f temperatures?
You might be better off with something like a Maverick of a Falcon. Some of them will do 65 if conditions are just right.Level ground, no headwind, etc. :lol:

henryford2
First Name: Joseph
Last Name: Andulics
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Fordor, 1926 Truck, 1927 Roadster GOW, RAJO Sprint car
MTFCA Number: 9766

Post by henryford2 » Tue May 19, 2020 5:21 pm

It's been a while and my memory may be a bit hazy but I remember seeing Andy Mounce's 26/27 touring with air conditioning (not a swamp cooler). So it can be done.

TRDxB2
Last Name: Brandi
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Speedster (1919 w 1926)
Board Member Since: 2018

Post by TRDxB2 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:26 pm

The first picture is a hybrid swap cooler (would work in a tent) - the second looks inviting but is just the evaporator and fan part so be aware.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/509955928/ ... ed-3&frs=1
Attachments
Air 2.jpg
Air 1.jpg
The past is a great place and I don't want to erase it or to regret it, but I don't want to be its prisoner either.
Mick Jagger

HalSched
First Name: Hal
Last Name: Schedler
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 24 Speedster, 23 RA, 25 Fordor
MTFCA Number: 16688
MTFCI Number: 19356

Post by HalSched » Wed May 20, 2020 12:24 am

1. I used a small compressor as used in the Mazda aftermarket air conditioner kit

2 The power draw is almost not noticeable. About as much as when I turn on the alternator. At a high idle RPM you can just barely hear engine change when the ac is turned on and off

3 The air conditioner works great but all the air leaks in the T detract from it a bit. Still a whole bunch better than nothing

4 I installed the alternator above the compressor on the drivers side of the engine. I have an oil pump in the generator hole.

5. A single serpentine belt drives the alternator, fan and compressor. The condenser with a fan is under the car attached to the frame and it works great.

6. Though the ac does not show, unless U raise the hood, it kinda makes a purist cringe

The ac has been in my Fordor for a log time and it has never needed additional freon.

HalSched

Post by HalSched » Wed May 20, 2020 12:57 am

I would add pictures but dragging and dropping isn't working. Maybe the files are too old?

RustyFords
First Name: Don
Last Name: Allen
MTFCA Number: 50001

Post by RustyFords » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:18 am

I’ve daily driven old cars with no AC, here in the Houston area. And the summer heat here is as bad as anywhere I’ve ever lived and I lived in some of the world’s hottest and most humid places.

It’s ok under the circumstances you’re describing where the drive is short and you don’t have to stop a lot.

It becomes a bit more unpleasant if you’re sitting still in traffic jams or at stoplights. I think a T would be an ok daily driver for a five mile commute, once you’re very adept at driving it. I think I’d install aftermarket brakes on it though. When you daily drive a vintage car (or any car for that matter) it’s a numbers game. Eventually, a bad situation is going to present itself and your ability to stop very quickly helps. And there’s nothing quick about stock Model T brakes.

I’ve avoided modern upgrades on my T if they’re highly visible or if they substantially change the overall Model T experience. But with a daily commuter T, I’d seriously consider the disc brake setup that’s available.
1924 Touring

Been Here Before
First Name: George John
Last Name: Drobnock
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1922 Coupe

Post by Been Here Before » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:58 pm

I really wonder what attracts folks to vintage cars.

The ownership is driving a vehicle manufactured long before they may have been born, or they want to relive their youth. Operating a vehicle that require them to think rather than a microchip.

If you want a vehicle with air then purchase a car of the late 1940's when air condition was offered.

To place an air conditioner in a 20 HP vehicle...well you may as well ad an anchor to the car as the air conditioner will use about 5% of the power produced by the stock engine.

You want the car air conditioned, buy a tow vehicle with air, attach a trailer, and tow the Model T.

I sense that the fun out of driving a slow car with no modern amenities is being lost in the 21st century.

Rich Bingham
First Name: Rich
Last Name: Bingham
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 runabout

Post by Rich Bingham » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:12 pm

Turned on the 1913 “AC” in Lizzie a month ago.
Folded the windshield, rolled up the rear curtain ! :lol:
Attachments
7C59CF40-3278-480C-B2AC-ACCB4060D5DA.jpeg
7C59CF40-3278-480C-B2AC-ACCB4060D5DA.jpeg (31.96 KiB) Viewed 9092 times
"Get a horse !"

Novice
First Name: Jim
Last Name: Davis
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Touring. 1923/26 Open Express. 1920 depot hack
MTFCA Number: 49832
MTFCI Number: 24686

MODEL A AIR CONDITIONING. KEN DAVIS COLLEYVILLE, TX

Post by Novice » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:30 pm

Ken Davis. builds a/c system kits for the model A for $1180. looks like they could be used in a model T especially if it had engine mods for more power. a small under dash evaporator and the condenser with a electric fan mounts in the rear behind the axel. lots of photos. cheaper than classic air and made for model A.

HalSched

Post by HalSched » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:56 am

GEORGE, you are dead wrong about the power draw of an air conditioner, if it is done right. I used s small Mazda compressor and you can barely hear a
rpm change when I turn the AC on and off. ( My2cw)

Susanne
First Name: Susanne
Last Name: Rohner
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Late '15 touring, "Angel".
MTFCA Number: 464

Post by Susanne » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:21 pm

The compressors in the old R-12 systems sucked quite a bit of power, it seems like the new systems are a lot more efficient power-wise...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic