13T - Good News and Carb Question

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Darin Hull
First Name: Darin
Last Name: Hull
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 Model T
MTFCA Number: 29699
MTFCI Number: 25147
Board Member Since: 2010

13T - Good News and Carb Question

Post by Darin Hull » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:54 pm

Gentlemen,

Good news is the 13T actually ran today for the first time in over 10 years. Engine ran for about five seconds before sputtering out but that was great progress for the last few days of work. To hear the coils buzzing and hear the familiar sounds of the T’s engine, albeit brief, was like being transported back in time as a young in’ riding around with grandpa in the Model T.

Thank you to each of you who have answered questions over the years. Even when they were questions which, if I would’ve read a little more I would’ve found the answer myself... you guys had patience and gave great answers. I’m not at the end of the road yet but thank you to everyone who participated in this forum.

Carb question:
I’ve been reading about Kingston L, L2, etc carbs. I’ve attached a pic, I apologize for having to ask on this forum but could someone please confirm which model this is for me so I know I’ll order the right gaskets? I’ve got a small gas leak and I know the gasket it bad.

Thank you for your time,
Darin
Attachments
09EAC68D-6E29-472D-9EC5-5590335D5F60.jpeg

RajoRacer
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Tomaso
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1914 Touring, 1919 Centerdoor, 1924 TT C-Cab Express, 1925 Racer
MTFCA Number: 14972
MTFCI Number: 15411
Board Member Since: 2001

Re: 13T - Good News and Carb Question

Post by RajoRacer » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:34 pm

WAG - looks like a L-4.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic