1927 fordor windshield seal question

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
bnchief
First Name: Steven
Last Name: White
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 2
MTFCA Number: 73
MTFCA Life Member: YES

1927 fordor windshield seal question

Post by bnchief » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:28 pm

I need to know what seals to get for my 27 ford is there a seal on the wind shield hinge, what seals go on the side posts to the upper windshield frame, what seal goes on the bottom of the windshield frame that screws down to the body, I know since the windshield is a two piece it takes a h rubber any tips on where to get it and what would help please.

FordorGalore
First Name: fore
Last Name: door
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1922 centerdoor 1927 fordor 1916 centerdoor

Re: 1927 fordor windshield seal question

Post by FordorGalore » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:03 pm

Steve, I couldn't find a seal from the vendors that wouldn't interfere with the upper windshield. I used a piece of rubber roofing on the upper windshield sides. It fit in the channels perfectly, and attached with a polyurethane sealant. (ex Loctite roof and flashing sealant). The upper hinge I also used the roofing material, if you use tape to hold it in place it works out easier. Now, basically the same for the lower fixed window. Its been almost 9 years now and no problems have occurred.
Attachments
IMG_0529.JPG
2012-07-17 06.31.53.jpg

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic