My 1910

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
ModelT46
First Name: Darel
Last Name: Leipold
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1910 touring
MTFCA Number: 823
MTFCI Number: 953
Board Member Since: 1999

My 1910

Post by ModelT46 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:57 pm

I will post some photos later/ A friend helped me and we pulled the engine, all original (except for the time plate). He is retired and has time. He is a great mechanic, but his occupation was as a research historian. He is also a great carpenter and he replaced one of my side decks and stairs in two days for the cost of lumber. he smoothed out the surface on my one piece pan, relined the bands with old stock band lining, cleaned the original head, and removed any carbon . He installed the pan and trans cover for me. We found that one of the female holes on the block has almost no threads. Tomorrow he will drill out and install a helicary unit. The engine was rebuilt in 1960 by Tiny Larsen, a very good mechanic who did all his work for a left over bushings or small NOS parts. I t has bearings in the block now. I only have about a 2000 miles on the T since 1960. He has volunteered to sand the metal parts of the boby and repaint them, and the the Pontiac body in green. I assume the fenders should be black. What do you know if the fenders are green or black?

KWTownsend
First Name: Keith
Last Name: Townsend
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: late 1911 touring, 1915 runabout, 1919 touring, brass speedster
MTFCA Number: 14778
MTFCA Life Member: YES
MTFCI Number: 16305
Board Member Since: 1999

Re: My 1910

Post by KWTownsend » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:19 pm

I believe the car is all green. The pinstripe would be red, which does not show up in the monochromatic photography of the era.

: ^ )

Bill Elliott
First Name: Wilber
Last Name: Elliott
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1910 Model T Touring
MTFCI Number: 22121
Board Member Since: 2007

Re: My 1910

Post by Bill Elliott » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:48 pm

Yep; the entire body, fenders, wheels and chassis all Brewster green. The only parts black are the top sockets and buggy rail I do believe.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic