Urgently "Wanted to Buy" Model T Ford Ignition Coils

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Ron Patterson
First Name: Ronald
Last Name: Patterson
MTFCA Life Member: YES
Board Member Since: 1999

Urgently "Wanted to Buy" Model T Ford Ignition Coils

Post by Ron Patterson » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:52 pm

I realize this ad belongs in the classifieds section, but I am reaching out here in hopes some of you have not seen this ad and have what I need?
I am in urgent need of good used rebuildable coil cores.
I have customers who want rebuilt coils for their Model T's, but have no cores to send me.
Looking to buy large or small stashes of used rebuildable Model T Ford ignition coils.
I will buy your used coils outright for cash, trade cores for rebuilt coils or take your extras cores as full or partial payment. The more coils you have the better this works. If the quantity is right, I will also pay shipping so I can evaluate what you have. I have done these deals many times over the years and know what will work so we both get what we need. Please call or email so we can discuss the details. Ron Patterson 8Five9-8Eight1-1Six7Seven or modeltcoils(at)windstream(dot)net.

Topic author
Ron Patterson
First Name: Ronald
Last Name: Patterson
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Re: Urgently "Wanted to Buy" Model T Ford Ignition Coils

Post by Ron Patterson » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:53 pm

Bring to top of list

Wayne Sheldon
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Sheldon
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Runabout 1913 Speedster
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by Wayne Sheldon » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:24 pm

I wish I had some extras to send to you. People on my side of the 48 think the silly things are GOLD! I rarely find them for sale around here for less than ten dollars for rough ones totally unknown what the internal condition is. And usually they are much more than that. It took years for me to accumulate and "rebuild" my personal lifetime supply for planned project cars. The only others I have are real junk, and maybe a half dozen of those. Even the wooden cases are mostly really bad.
I would give you my junk extras, but I am sure you would not want them.

david_dewey
First Name: David
Last Name: Dewey
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1916 touring, 1925 runaboaut, 1926 Tudor
MTFCI Number: 19936

Post by david_dewey » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:51 pm

Ron, I will send your contact info to a Frank Pangburn in Chico who had a about 40 coils six months ago. Don't know if he still has them, but he'd be interested in unloading them if he does! Fingers crossed.
T'ake care,
David Dewey

tdump
First Name: Mack
Last Name: Cole
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: TT. T express pickup,speedster project.
MTFCA Number: 28146

Post by tdump » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:24 pm

Yea they are getting to be like parrot teeth around these parts.
If you can't help em, don't hinder em'

StanHowe
First Name: Stan
Last Name: Howe
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 2
MTFCA Number: 19133

Post by StanHowe » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:35 pm

Ron, I have your address, I have a couple big boxes of coils I don't think I have ever even looked at. I'll fill a big priority mail box with the better looking ones of them and get them off to you as soon as I have a chance. I probably have close to 100 if I dig them out. I put the set you did for me several years ago in my coupe last summer with a NOS New Day. zoommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. *

If you can find enough good ones in there to send me a rebuilt set OK, if not, it's a donation, maybe you can use some parts or whatever.

*zoommmmmmmmmmmm is relative. It's the 27 coupe I bought a couple years ago. Pretty tired and has a vaporizor. Needs a good head and an OF!!nough good ones in there to send me a rebuilt set OK, if not, it's a donation, maybe you can use some parts or whatever.
Last edited by StanHowe on Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

StanHowe

Post by StanHowe » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:37 pm

Ron, I have your address, I have a couple big boxes of coils I don't think I have ever even looked at. I'll fill a big priority mail box with the better looking ones of them and get them off to you as soon as I have a chance. I probably have close to 100 if I dig them out. I put the set you did for me several years ago in my coupe last summer with a NOS New Day. zoommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. *

If you can find enough good ones in there to send me a rebuilt set OK, if not, it's a donation, maybe you can use some parts or whatever.

*zoommmmmmmmmmmm is relative. It's the 27 coupe I bought a couple years ago. Pretty tired and has a vaporizor. Needs a good head and an OF!!

StanHowe

Post by StanHowe » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:46 pm

I'm just about done with this whole forum deal. Can't delete a post, can't edit it. All I can get is another post of the same thing and then can't delete either one of them because you "Cannot delete a post that has been replied to."

Back to work, Hell with it, I'll just look like an idiot again. I even switched over to my new computer to see if I could edit or delete it. Nope!!

Wayne Sheldon

Post by Wayne Sheldon » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:38 pm

Please don't worry about it Stan! We love you. It is the computer that is an idiot.

Wayne Sheldon

Post by Wayne Sheldon » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:50 pm

To continue. I don't know why? But I have been having problems on this site lately also. Slow to load, jambs up. Sometimes it won't accept uploading my reply. I am not having any such issues on the few other sites I frequent. I have not complained about it because I do not like to complain. I understand and appreciate all the effort that our grossly underpaid forum-masters have to put into keeping this thing working. So I want to not complain. However, if you are having similar issues? Several of my replies the past few weeks I have had to open a new tab, and go to the site to see if a glitched reply uploaded and got through or not. Sometimes they have, sometimes they haven't. By checking on a separate tab, I am able to find out if it is there or not without risking losing it in the process. If it hasn't posted on the separate tab, I can try again to post it on the original tab without double posting.
That is how I work around it.

Thank you Chris and Jeff!

KimDobbins
First Name: Kim
Last Name: Dobbins
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 touring, 1910 touring, 1913 touring, 1916 couplet, 1924 truck.
MTFCA Number: 8243

Post by KimDobbins » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:08 am

Ron, give me a call tomorrow, I have some extras.

Bud Delong
First Name: Kenneth
Last Name: DeLong
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1914 touring,1915 roadster

Post by Bud Delong » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:25 am

Stan,Your post is worth reading more than once anyway :D Bud.

Will_Vanderburg
First Name: William
Last Name: Vanderburg
MTFCA Number: 28382

Post by Will_Vanderburg » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:28 pm

I have four that I got from Model T Haven, but I haven't checked them to see if they are any good.
William L Vanderburg

1925 Touring
1922 Center Door Sedan

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic