Anyone Attend the Auction In Stanwood Michigan Saturday?

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Humblej
First Name: Jeff
Last Name: Humble
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Canadian built coupe, 1924 TT C-cab, survivor 1924 roadster
MTFCA Number: 28034
Board Member Since: 2006

Anyone Attend the Auction In Stanwood Michigan Saturday?

Post by Humblej » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:03 pm

Big auction of model A's, a 26-27 model T touring, a 1940 Packard coupe, and other cars...all in different levels of disrepair, and tons of model A&T parts in Stanwood Michigan on Saturday. I was planning on attending but didn't make it. There was nothing in the photos that I was interested in buying and dragging home, but it looked like it was a fun auction. Anyone attend that can give us a report?

Jim Sims
First Name: Jim
Last Name: Sims
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 17 touring 20 roadster 21coupe 25tudor 25 pickup 27 coupe
MTFCI Number: 13377

Re: Anyone Attend the Auction In Stanwood Michigan Saturday?

Post by Jim Sims » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:17 pm

I was there. absolutely no Model T parts. The Model A's were in very bad condition the parts were fair to bad. I did not stay because I only went for the advertised T parts. The off brand cars were just about parts cars,

Atomic Amish
First Name: Jason
Last Name: Kuczynski
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915ish speedster in parts, building a T V8 roadster pickup for support vehicle
Board Member Since: 2003

Re: Anyone Attend the Auction In Stanwood Michigan Saturday?

Post by Atomic Amish » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:02 am

When I was at Ferris State in the mid-90s, a classmate had a place outside Stanwood. It was his grandfather's hunting property, and had a primitive cabin (no electricity or running water). But, more importantly, it was logged off in the early 20th century, and there was a PILE (like, probably 50 or more) of Model T blocks! I was able to get one, it sits out in my wife's garden and holds flowers now. ;)

I often wonder if they are still there. I lost contact with him after we graduated.
My other car is an Amish Drag Buggy.
Barnstormers VSC
Si vestri 'non prius novissimo
Celeritate Est Vita
Antique Vehicle Mechanic- Greenfield Village

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic