1925 Tudor Sedan

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
vping
First Name: Vincent
Last Name: Pina
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 Tudor Sedan

1925 Tudor Sedan

Post by vping » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:50 pm

Hi,

New to T's and have always wanted to get one. Was offered an (older) restored 25 Tudor sedan part in trade for me to finish another one of owners cars.

History is that it was owned since the late 70s early 80s restored in the 90s. Very shiny black lacquer under dust and some stored garage items. Compete car, a few paint nicks, Interior looks to be vgc, gray fabric and seems like it does not need much. Tires still hold air. Glass looks good (needs one piece replaced) Engine was rebuilt and owner used the vehicle often for shows, Hershey and the occasional wedding.

Early 2000s, car was parked because of coil boxes and owner tried a modern coil and could not start it. It has not moved since. Stored in semi climate controlled garage on the east coast.

I do not have pics at this time but saw it in person.

Not going to ask the standard "what's it worth" question because I have no pics but am curious if anyone cares to shareb their thoughts. Honestly with a good cleaning and coil boxes, it would be quite nice.

My real question is, a car sitting that long would need some things replaced to be roadworthy. What might I be looking at, in terms of a list and cost to get it safe to drive to shows, meets....I have not looked at parts catalogs yet so do not know what parts cost or how durable the T is in regards to mechanicals sitting for 20 years. I'll take suggestions on the best places to source parts.

I'm looking forward to making a deal for it and the challenge of owning a much older car. Currently my oldest is a '48 T Series and I have several other older British cars with the most modern being a '67.

Thanks in advance.

jsaylor
First Name: John
Last Name: Saylor
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1921 Touring, 1927 Tudor
MTFCA Number: 1695
MTFCI Number: 23870
Board Member Since: 1999

Re: 1925 Tudor Sedan

Post by jsaylor » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:47 am

Here is a good place to start.

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG93.html

Topic author
vping
First Name: Vincent
Last Name: Pina
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 Tudor Sedan

Re: 1925 Tudor Sedan

Post by vping » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:50 pm

Yes it does look very detailed in what to do. I have a similar list for the MGs. Them I have down. A model T probably has some nuances that the list covers.
Thanks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic