Hershey With Drawls

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Joe Bell
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Bell
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 24 Fordor
MTFCI Number: 24066

Hershey With Drawls

Post by Joe Bell » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:53 pm

Well normally I would be packed up and ready to go for Monday morning to head to Hershey for a fun filled week but thanks to China that is not happening this year. I could go to Luray but how much extra stuff do I need? If I did go I am sure there would be a bunch of T friends there! I hope some one post pictures to maybe make me haul ass even for a day to get my once a year fix. My bride of 34 years went for the first time last year hardly got the chance to roam with her how I wanted to but did do the car carrell, she loved the old Brewster. Thanks for the boys setting up Luray for this time frame for something to do instead!!!! Joe

Bruce Compton
First Name: Bruce
Last Name: Compton
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1921 Coupe, 1925 Coupe

Re: Hershey With Drawls

Post by Bruce Compton » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:10 pm

I hear Ya Joe. Haven't missed Hershey in over 30 years and it feels like quitting smoking all over again. Hard to believe the mess we're in these days. I've spent the last few days just thinking of what I was doing exactly one year ago. Sure going to miss the fun, finds and friends.

Topic author
Joe Bell
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Bell
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 24 Fordor
MTFCI Number: 24066

Post by Joe Bell » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:45 pm

This is the first year in 15 that I have not been busting my butt to get things done in time for Hershey and everything packed, I would be in the cattle walk camping right now thinking of setting up in the morning. I always stop at the grocery store up on the hill and meet my T friends from Iowa and Canada and have some adult beverages, see you all next year I hope!

david_dewey
First Name: David
Last Name: Dewey
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1916 touring, 1925 runaboaut, 1926 Tudor
MTFCI Number: 19936
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by david_dewey » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:22 am

Well with that thread title I figured I'd see some postings about some Southerners or cowboys talkin' 'bout Chocolate. Y'all done fooled me!
BTW, not only Hershey, but the York Toy Train meet is canceled (York is to toy train folks as Hershey is to old car folks). Someday I hope to make it back to both--since they are about a week apart, might as well take them both in if I ever travel that far away!
T'ake care,
David Dewey

James_Lyons-WV
First Name: James
Last Name: Lyons
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 Touring, 1915 Touring, 1925 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 10000

Post by James_Lyons-WV » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:11 am

I go to both events every year... the Train show at York, AND Hershey.... I am happy to have Luray! We have people coming from all corners of the country, just to escape the covid blues and see old friends.

Quickm007
First Name: Mario
Last Name: Brossard
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1911 Touring and 1914 speedster
MTFCA Number: 30981
MTFCI Number: 30981
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by Quickm007 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:33 pm

So hard not to be at Hershey. Always fun seeing T folks with my Dad's. It is a Dad and son trip for so many years... It is so nice spending full week with my dad alone smelling gas and see old stuff and meeting friends. Eating chocolat. Barn find cars or items.

Hershey, I miss U.
Super Mario Bross ;)

1911 Touring
1914 Speedster

Jerry VanOoteghem
First Name: Jerry
Last Name: Van
MTFCA Number: 24868

Post by Jerry VanOoteghem » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:58 pm

Yup, this one really hurts. I'd be chowing away on a 24 oz. porterhouse at Culhanes Steakhouse right now and drinking a lot of Yuengling lager. Telling jokes, stories, lies, complaining abut prices, etc., and having a great time with my very dear friends... and missing my dad. It's all wonderful, and it will all return... hopefully next year.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic