Matching Grant for the MTFCA ends on Tue Nov 10, 2020

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Hap_Tucker
First Name: Hap
Last Name: Tucker
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 cut off touring; 1918 touring; 1922 Speedster
MTFCA Number: 100
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Matching Grant for the MTFCA ends on Tue Nov 10, 2020

Post by Hap_Tucker » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:47 pm

I almost forgot about the deadline for the Matching Grant that the Wayne County Foundations has offered the Model T Ford Club of America (MTFCA). I looked on the forum to see if anyone had said anything about it, but I did not see any posting about it. And a word search only turned up the posting for 2019 when the Wayne County Foundation generously offered a matching grant last Nov also. Why do they do that? Because our MTFCA Museum is located in Richmond, Indiana which is located in Wayne County Indiana. (They also appreciate the old cars, MTFCA Museum etc.)

If you are considering donating to the MTFCA if you can do it between now and Nov 10 it will matched (up to $1000 for any single donor ((that’s not in my budget…) or up to a total of $5000.) Yes, I donated. And if you are low tech you don’t need to fiddle with the computer – just call the MTFCA Office 765-373-3106 or the Museum at 765-488-0026 and you can donate using a credit card.

For those that want to contribute on-line – just go to the home page of the MTFCA at: https://www.mtfca.com/ and near the top right hand side of the home page are three rectangles “Join or Renew, Donate, and Shop." Just click on the one that says Donate. You can designate Museum, Operating Fund, or Where Needed. Any of those selections will be matched until the limits are reached.

You could also mail in a contribution. But be sure your check is dated 10 Nov or earlier and that you have the post office cancel your letter 10 Nov or earlier. You need both of those.

I stumbled along trying to find where the “Donate” button was. So as Steve Jelf recommended (ref: https://mtfca.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php? ... re#p128203 ) here is a photo of where that “Donate” button on the home page is located:
Home Page.jpg
Note sometimes those buttons are in a different order – but so far they have always been at the upper right hand side. If you scroll down on the home page you can get additional details and information. But notice the “DONATE” button is less obvious. It is still there and you can see below that it moved to the right one button. Caution that is a picture below – and NOT an actual active page so you can’t click on anything and go somewhere. But on the real MTFCA home page you can.
Challenge Grant.jpg
(You could also donate on the Wayne County Foundation page see: www.waynecountyfoundation.org )

Respectfully suggested,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Harry Lillo
First Name: Harry
Last Name: Lillo
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Speedsters, racers, depot hack, coupe
MTFCA Number: 13996

Re: Matching Grant for the MTFCA ends on Tue Nov 10, 2020

Post by Harry Lillo » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:04 pm

Maybe we should start a challenge here to determine how many Model T clubs have donated to this cause?
I will start........ Our little Foothills Model T Club in Calgary Alberta made a contribution this past Friday.
Has your Club donated????
Harry Lillo

lloyde
First Name: Lloyde
Last Name: Eckley
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1923 Touring 1926 Roadster
MTFCA Number: 25712

Post by lloyde » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:30 am

I just sent a nice donation from the Rocky Mountain Model T club to support the museum. Lets all pray for an end to this virus so we can get back together again soon!
Lloyde

Emeraude
First Name: George
Last Name: Loranger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1921 touring
MTFCA Number: 32239

Post by Emeraude » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:36 am

I did last week

SusanYaeger
First Name: Susan
Last Name: Yaeger
MTFCA Number: 43282

Post by SusanYaeger » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:15 pm

Many thanks to every chapter and individual who is donating during this Challenge Match.

Every gift is appreciated. Every person and Chapter is appreciated! We are fortunate to have so many folks dedicated to the hobby, the MTFCA and Museum.

Sincerely, thank you.

Susan

NU2theT
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Wendt
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Fordor
MTFCA Number: 32419

Post by NU2theT » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:33 pm

Have been donating for several years now, the real challenge is how many young "explorer" members we can get involved and potentially started in this hobby. There are lots of T parts collecting dust, get some of those parts out to the local schools if they have a vocational program.

Getting the young folks excited about the Model T should also be a priority. Getting a short ride, helping check the tire psi or just showing them how to crank over the engine will spark some curiosity and maybe get them off that dang I-phone :lol:

KLTagert
First Name: Kathy
Last Name: Tagert
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1917 Runabout, 1918 Coupelet, ‘21 Centerdoor, ‘22 coupes, ‘23 Roadster and touring, ‘25 roadster pickup, Fordor, and coupe, ‘26 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 32467
MTFCI Number: 24412
Board Member Since: 2020

Post by KLTagert » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:40 pm

Board of Directors donated because we believe in the MTFCA and sustaining it for the future. Not everyone can give a hundred or a thousand dollars, but if hundreds gave $10 or $20 that’s what makes an impact. Thanks to the clubs for their unwavering support.
This virus has hit us all hard - but as many of you know - this is the second pandemic some of our cars has been thru - let’s carry them all through this one !

KeithG
First Name: Keith
Last Name: Gumbinger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '14 Touring, '26 RPU, '27 Fordor, '27 Touring
MTFCA Number: 4661
MTFCA Life Member: YES
MTFCI Number: 6866
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by KeithG » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:40 pm

Our MTFCA Museum relies mostly on grants like this one from the Wayne County Foundation and donations. ALL donations are appreciated, and with this donation match program, donations get doubled, thus helping even more.

Many of you live quite far from our museum in Richmond, Indiana, and may not be able to see it in person. Because of this, we have our interactive museum tour available on line through our website. Just go to the website home page & towards the right side of the headings, click on "Museum". Then scroll down and you'll find the link for the interactive museum tour.
This "tour" is directed by you and you can turn the camera to see anything you want throughout the museum. There are two parts to the tour, one for the original museum building and gift shop, and the other for the new "Agency" building across the street from the original building. If you haven't done the interactive tour, I encourage you to do so.

Each and every donation is appreciated. Thank you very much for your help.

Keith
'14 Touring, '26 Roadster Pickup, '27 Fordor, '27 Touring
Motto: It's hard to build a garage that's tooooo big! :D

VFeditor_Aleesa
First Name: Aleesa
Last Name: Drennen
MTFCA Number: 10000

Post by VFeditor_Aleesa » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:15 pm

Dropped my check in the mail on November 5th. Would absolutely love it, if part or all of it went toward building the Model T Explorer Youth Club or other youth programs. Sparking the youngins' interest is not only fun, but ensures there will be new owners for these old cars. After consulting and working with the MTFCA for the past two decades, I know this group has no shortage of enthusiasm, big dreams, and a talent for making things happen. ;)
Aleesa – Vintage Ford Editor :idea:
What's Your Story?

Michael Peternell
First Name: Michael
Last Name: Peternell
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: TT gas truck, T tractor conversions, '15 touring, '17 speedster, '26 16 valve speedster

Post by Michael Peternell » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:29 pm

I did a quick search of the MTFCA sight for membership numbers. Estimated 7500 in 2018. So if half the membership threw in a 10 spot that's a $75,000.00 dollor donation! Seems like a no brainer to me!

KLTagert
First Name: Kathy
Last Name: Tagert
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1917 Runabout, 1918 Coupelet, ‘21 Centerdoor, ‘22 coupes, ‘23 Roadster and touring, ‘25 roadster pickup, Fordor, and coupe, ‘26 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 32467
MTFCI Number: 24412
Board Member Since: 2020

Post by KLTagert » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:54 pm

As Nov 10th comes to a close I’d like to thank each and every member and chapter/ club that donated to the MTFCA. We appreciate the support so many of you have given, especially at this most difficult time.
The Board of Directors and Executive Director will insure these funds are put to good use in the support of the Club and museum.
Thank you for entrusting us with your Club.

Kathy Tagert

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic