Interesting T on Epay

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Angmar
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Bailey
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1918 Roadster P/U
MTFCA Number: 50335
Board Member Since: 2016

Interesting T on Epay

Post by Angmar » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:39 pm

Note the drum brakes on this car...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1925-Ford-Mode ... SwCe1fss0z
Still crankin old iron

Rich Eagle
First Name: Richard
Last Name: Eagle
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 TR 1914 TR 1915 Rd 1920 Spdstr 1922 Coupe 1925 Tudor
MTFCA Number: 1219

Re: Interesting T on Epay

Post by Rich Eagle » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:12 pm

Hydraulic no less. Many improvements to that one.
Interesting!
Thanks
Rich
When did I do that?

dhosh
First Name: Dennis
Last Name: Hoshield
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '24 RPU (Raodster converted to Pickup)
MTFCA Number: 24305
Board Member Since: 2015

Post by dhosh » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:45 pm

Wonder why the 2 sets of switch/ammeter plates? Looks like a disconnected oil pressure switch on one side, and a disconnected heater on the other...
'24 RPU
Petoskey, Mi

TRDxB2
First Name: Frank
Last Name: Brandi
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Speedster (1919 w 1926)
Board Member Since: 2018

Post by TRDxB2 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:23 am

dhosh wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:45 pm
Wonder why the 2 sets of switch/ammeter plates? Looks like a disconnected oil pressure switch on one side, and a disconnected heater on the other...
Was wondering about the two switch plates too. There are several wiring modifications, modern starter solenoid think is 12volt has 2 ears, extra starter switch on dash, electric wiper motor, brake line switch and alternator. There are also some black wires going to the upper row of the coil unit connections plus many loose connections. It appears that one switch plate, with the key has a Magneto meter in it while the key-less one has an ammeter.
Previous owner an electrical engineer and set it up for dual voltage; magneto and 12 volts. :roll:
Attachments
dual.jpg
Last edited by TRDxB2 on Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
The past is a great place and I don't want to erase it or to regret it, but I don't want to be its prisoner either.
Mick Jagger

Susanne
First Name: Susanne
Last Name: Rohner
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Late '15 touring, "Angel".
MTFCA Number: 464
MTFCA Life Member: YES
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by Susanne » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:37 am

Had to have some kind of water pump to feed it - I'm guessing that's where the cabin heater was fed from, and returned to that fitting on the top of the head. Otherwise you would get no water flow unless it was out on the ground.

All the electricals make me wonder what this person was doing - I suspect there was more afoot with this car in it's past and some of the goodies that were once on it were changed out.

All in all, it IS quite the fun puzzle to work out!

John Codman
First Name: John
Last Name: Codman
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Youring

Post by John Codman » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:42 am

I'm guessing that the water outlet at the top of the head was the heater inlet and the return went to the bottom of the radiator there's no reason why convection wouldn't feed the heater. It looks like a nice little car, but there is a lot of stuff that I would want to undo. JMO.

BHarper
First Name: Bill
Last Name: Harper
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '14 Touring, '20 TT Farm Truck, '24 TT Depot Hack, '24 Coupe, and a 1914 Metz Model 22 Torpedo Runabout
MTFCA Number: 5414
MTFCA Life Member: YES
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by BHarper » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:15 am

This car is, I think, set up as a good daily driver and all of its updates causes me to wonder just how late it was used as a daily driver? Into the 1950s? Even later?

I LIKE this car! Well, the seat upholstery, not so much.

I have on my bucket list to do some long distance touring and camping in my '24 coupe. I know that the most reliable cars on any tour tend to be the ones which have remained largely stock, with the allowances for Ruckstells, Rocky MT brakes, and their ilk.

But THIS car, hmm.

My '24 coupe.

Troy Ice Falls 011306.JPG
Upper Arch Street at RR Tunnel  .JPG

dhosh
First Name: Dennis
Last Name: Hoshield
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '24 RPU (Raodster converted to Pickup)
MTFCA Number: 24305
Board Member Since: 2015

Post by dhosh » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:04 pm

"Previous owner an electrical engineer and set it up for dual voltage; magneto and 12 volts."

Two totally separate electrical systems, then. Guess that makes sense.... You know those electrical engineered! LOL!!
'24 RPU
Petoskey, Mi

John Warren
Last Name: Warren
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 14 Roadster, 25 Pickup , 26 Canadian Touring , and a 24-28 TA race car

Post by John Warren » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:29 am

Most mods look old. I like the brakes for touring, heater might also be a good thing. It would be a great car to use. Of course the brake system needs to be looked at very carefully , as with any mod.
24-28 TA race car, 26 Canadian touring, 25 Roadster pickup, 14 Roadster, and 11AB Maxwell runabout
Keep it simple and keep a good junk pile if you want to invent something :P

John Codman
Last Name: Codman
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Youring

Post by John Codman » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:11 pm

I guess that I'm the odd man. It would cost quite a bit to return it to original. I wouldn't pay anything lose to what the seller wants for it, but at a significantly lower price I would be interested.

OilyBill
First Name: William
Last Name: May
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1914 Runabout

Post by OilyBill » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:22 pm

John Codman hit the nail on the thumb.
A lot of mods, and IF they were well done, it MIGHT be a good car.
But if they were all botch jobs, then you would have a LOT of work ahead of you, getting it drivable and also RELIABLE.
I think that might be why the price is so low. When I see mods on a car, especially older mods, I get VERY wary, and to me, the price goes DOWN rather than up for each "improvement" that I see on the car. I know that each one I find is going to take hours to disassemble, clean, and inspect to see if it was done well, or just hacked, and now needs to be straightened out, with a lot of wasted time and money.
There is no telling where they guy drilled holes, did a little welding, etc, etc thinking he was "improving" the car.
Like being hot-rodded, Model T's getting "improved" is rarely a good idea.
I think far more highly of cars that have been well-maintained, well adjusted, and well-lubricated rather than "improved"
just my 2 pfennigs.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic