How hard is it to find a Warford Cast Iron Front Coupler/ U Joint Housing?

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Benji
First Name: Benjamin
Last Name: Eckstein
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 24 Roadster Pickup, 13 Runabout, 13 Touring, 14 Light Delivery, 15 Speedster
Board Member Since: 2012

How hard is it to find a Warford Cast Iron Front Coupler/ U Joint Housing?

Post by Benji » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Evening all,

Been going through stuff for my various projects that have been on the backburner a few years. I have a cast-iron Warford 920-2 in the barn for a speedster project. In doing a bit more research, it seems I'm lacking the front coupler ball/ U Joint housing that connects the front of the warford to the back of the T trans.

How hard is it to find one of these? I never see any for sale (well, haven't noticed any lately, nor anything reasonable), and every complete Warford I see it a great price is a million miles away from my little podunk Indiana town. (If you could call it a town, haha!)

Snagged this pic of one off the internet.

Thanks
Benji
Attachments
Screenshot_20201229-203114_eBay.jpg

mtntee20
First Name: Terry & Sharon
Last Name: Miller
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1920 Center Door, 1920 TTWood cab Farm Truck with cable dump grain bed, 1920 TT C-Cab with express bed, 1927 Wood body Dairy Delivery truck
MTFCA Number: 32583
Board Member Since: 2017

Re: How hard is it to find a Warford Cast Iron Front Coupler/ U Joint Housing?

Post by mtntee20 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:15 am

Benji,

It's not hard at all if you just need a coupler and are not dedicated to completely cast iron. I have some for sale in usable condition. The last time I put them up in the Classified Section, no one was interested.

Terry

Adam
First Name: Adam
Last Name: Doleshal
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: ‘13 Touring, ‘24 Touring, ‘25 TT dump truck, ‘26 Tudor, ‘20 Theiman harvester T powerplant, ‘20 T Staude tractor
MTFCA Number: 23809
MTFCI Number: 1
Board Member Since: 2000

Re: How hard is it to find a Warford Cast Iron Front Coupler/ U Joint Housing?

Post by Adam » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:28 pm

I have one available. $200. Email if interested.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic