24 Coupe window questions.

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Brian D
First Name: Brian
Last Name: Dowell
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 14 Touring 26 Runnabout 19 Canadian Touring
MTFCA Number: 52162
MTFCI Number: 205

24 Coupe window questions.

Post by Brian D » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:44 pm

The photo is the crank for the window on my 24 Coupe. Does anyone have a photo of what's under the riveted part.
Would like to see if worth taking part.
Attachments
0124211159.jpg
People who wonder if the glass is half empty or half full, miss the point. The glass is refillable.
Life is Good, be nice.

Rich Eagle
First Name: Richard
Last Name: Eagle
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 TR 1914 TR 1915 Rd 1920 Spdstr 1922 Coupe 1925 Tudor
MTFCA Number: 1219

Re: 24 Coupe window questions.

Post by Rich Eagle » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:19 pm

All I can find is this photo and post by Cecil Meadors. Does it help any?
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/17 ... 1302187003
meadors.jpg
When did I do that?

Topic author
Brian D
First Name: Brian
Last Name: Dowell
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 14 Touring 26 Runnabout 19 Canadian Touring
MTFCA Number: 52162
MTFCI Number: 205

Post by Brian D » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:03 pm

Perfect!!!
I also looked up old post you listed.
I took apart passenger side, worked but gummy, hard to operate didn't want to break it. As post said I'm soaking now. I believe there is no need to take apart.
Thank you,
Brian :D
People who wonder if the glass is half empty or half full, miss the point. The glass is refillable.
Life is Good, be nice.

John kuehn
First Name: John
Last Name: Kuehn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 19 Roadster, 21 Touring, 24 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 28924

Post by John kuehn » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:44 pm

Hello!
I also have a 24 Coupe that had the same window riser. They are hard to find so be glad you have one!
I finally found one for the passenger side of my car that was rusted up tight. I bought it on Ebay cheap as nobody wanted a rusted tight riser.
I repaired mine by soaking in diesel and mineral spirits.
It finally started moving just a little and that was it. I finally drilled out the rivets and upon removing the covers I carefully noted how and the pieces fit.
Big note!
Check out how the first pic shows the position of the the two round 3 hole discs. They have to be in the correct position exactly in relation to the notched moving tracks in the riser. Mine were rusted up. Position of the moving tracks is important. One notch off and it won’t work!
I dissembled it, cleaned it and noticed the two round discs have a thin hard paper washer under them for what I don’t know. I cleaned each part and after finally getting timed correctly it works like a dream. Really smooth and effortless. Surprised me.
I used white grease that’s used in slides and window guides. It’s avaliable at auto parts stores.
You can repair it and if you have to dissamble it put all parts exactly as before. Good luck!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic