K R Wilson tools

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
donald4ham
First Name: Donald
Last Name: Goodwin
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924 touring
Board Member Since: 2018

K R Wilson tools

Post by donald4ham » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:19 pm

Can any one tell me what these tools were used for? I bought a bunch of new old stock and as curios
image.jpg
no as to their use
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

CudaMan
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Strange
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924 Cut Off Touring (now a pickup)
MTFCA Number: 30944
MTFCI Number: 23667
Board Member Since: 2013

Re: K R Wilson tools

Post by CudaMan » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:05 pm

The second one from the top looks like a tool for loosening and tightening the distributor clamp bolt on cars with rear mounted distributors, like small block Chevy and small block Mopar. I have a generic one, I keep it in the case for my dial-back timing light, along with a golf tee for plugging the vacuum advance line when setting timing.

I keep another golf tee in the box with my dwell meter in case I lose the one in the timing light case. :)
Mark Strange
Hillsboro, MO
1924 Cut-off Touring (now a pickup)

Pep C Strebeck
First Name: Joseph
Last Name: M
MTFCA Number: 0

Re: K R Wilson tools

Post by Pep C Strebeck » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:27 pm

donald4ham wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:19 pm
Can any one tell me what these tools were used for? I bought a bunch of new old stock and as curiosimage.jpg no as to their use
Like Mark had said, the one is a distributor wrench and the other 2 are bearing or bushing pullers (I can't remember which) for the transmission I believe, later V-8 tools. I have no idea what the last one is.
"Remember son, there are two ways to do this: The right way, and your way” Thanks Dad, I love you too.

LOOKING FOR A LUFKIN No. 9A Height Gage Attachment.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic