Trying to get a complete list of swap meets and shows for Brass era autos

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Sandow
First Name: Mason
Last Name: Clement
Board Member Since: 2019

Trying to get a complete list of swap meets and shows for Brass era autos

Post by Sandow » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:12 pm

Hello, i am trying to get a complete list of prewar (mainly brass era) swap meets, car shows, and tours that are held (mainly in the US, but abroad welcome) because it can be hard to track them down as many are not well advertised and info is limited.
I'd like to just see whats out there and how different events are held. As well as to see if any are close enough that i could attend that i may not yet know about, Thank you.

OilyBill
First Name: William
Last Name: May
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1914 Runabout

Re: Trying to get a complete list of swap meets and shows for Brass era autos

Post by OilyBill » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:23 pm

You might want to subscribe to the Horseless Carriage Club of America.
Their magazine is awesome, and they post information on every upcoming tour, event, or swap meet that people let them know about. Since their primary focus is brass-era cars before 1916, they would be a very valuable resource.

NorthSouth
First Name: Steve
Last Name: California
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1911 Touring, 1912 Warren Speedster
MTFCA Number: 50392

Post by NorthSouth » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:05 pm

-
The 30th Anniversary BAKERSFIELD SWAP MEET in Tulare, CA., Saturday, May 1, 2021

This is the premier west coast brass era and prewar event.

Click on the blue Brass Era.pdf link below to learn how to reserve a vendor space (move in on Friday morning) or just show up and join in the fun.

Brass Era.pdf
(360.55 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
-

Steve Jelf
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Jelf
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1923 touring and a few projects
MTFCA Number: 16175
MTFCI Number: 14758
Board Member Since: 2007

Post by Steve Jelf » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:30 pm

The inevitable often happens.
1915 Runabout
1923 Touring

Dan Hatch
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Hatch
MTFCA Number: 49974

Post by Dan Hatch » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:22 am

Luray Va is coming up in May. Not sure about this year, but most years the Brass in Bucks Co is held on Sunday after Luray. That is 2 pre war swap meets in the same weekend. Brass in Bucks is in Pa about 120 miles from Luray. If fact a lot of people going to Bucks stop at Luray on they way. Dan
Here is link to Luray
https://www.mapwsm.com/
Could not find anything about Brass in Bucks. Must not going to happen this year.

Divcoone
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Giles
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Speedster
MTFCA Number: 25039
Board Member Since: 2020

Post by Divcoone » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:56 am

Working on the AACA Vintage Tour that includes the Brass era cars. The Tour will be held in Lock Haven and Wellsboro, Pa. July 11-16. Bob Giles
divco100b@icloud.com

Retro54
First Name: Andrew
Last Name: Blaydon
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Cut-down touring
Board Member Since: 2018

Post by Retro54 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:29 am

Dan Hatch wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:22 am
Luray Va is coming up in May. Not sure about this year, but most years the Brass in Bucks Co is held on Sunday after Luray. That is 2 pre war swap meets in the same weekend. Brass in Bucks is in Pa about 120 miles from Luray. If fact a lot of people going to Bucks stop at Luray on they way. Dan
Here is link to Luray
Could not find anything about Brass in Bucks. Must not going to happen this year.
Dan, this year the 'BBC' tour is being held in the BBC founder's honor. The Clay Green memorial tour. See photo. The BBC actually hasn't been run out of Bucks County for a number of years, being run out of Strasburg. PA the last few years. This year's Clay Green memorial tour is being run out of Hershey, PA from the hotel next to the AACA museum and will begin with cars rolling in to the hotel and being displayed at the museum site the afternoon/ evening of May 21, the week after Luray. The Clay Green memorial tour is filled i am told, but you can always contact the organizers for the waiting list.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210411-082510_Samsung Internet.jpg

Retro54
First Name: Andrew
Last Name: Blaydon
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Cut-down touring
Board Member Since: 2018

Post by Retro54 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:31 am

I would recommend joining the Snappers Brass and Gass region of the AACA. They are also a clearing house for brass era tours and align with the HCCA in focus but are an AACA region.

https://www.snappersbrassandgas.com/

perry kete
First Name: Dennis
Last Name: Seth
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1922 Coupe 1927 Touring

Post by perry kete » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:39 am

The best and most complete list I've ever seen is a website called "BIG AL'S LIST" when you get to the swap meet page just follow the instructions to locate a meet near you. He lists the entire USA for all makes, models, and years. It also gives the details of the meet on who to contact and what they offer.
1922 Coupe & 1927 Touring

jerry knouse
First Name: jerry
Last Name: knouse
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1
MTFCA Number: 30978

Post by jerry knouse » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:00 am

Horseless Carriage Club of America web site includes a show calendar. No membership required to view.

Topic author
Sandow

Post by Sandow » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:38 pm

perry kete wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:39 am
The best and most complete list I've ever seen is a website called "BIG AL'S LIST" when you get to the swap meet page just follow the instructions to locate a meet near you. He lists the entire USA for all makes, models, and years. It also gives the details of the meet on who to contact and what they offer.
Cool, thanks

Topic author
Sandow

Post by Sandow » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:38 pm

Retro54 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:29 am
Dan Hatch wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:22 am
Here is link to Luray
Dan, this year the 'BBC' tour is being held in the BBC founder's honor. The Clay Green memorial tour. See photo. The BBC actually hasn't been run out of Bucks County for a number of years, being run out of Strasburg. PA the last few years. This year's Clay Green memorial tour is being run out of Hershey, PA from the hotel next to the AACA museum and will begin with cars rolling in to the hotel and being displayed at the museum site the afternoon/ evening of May 21, the week after Luray. The Clay Green memorial tour is filled i am told, but you can always contact the organizers for the waiting list.
Cool, thanks

Topic author
Sandow

Post by Sandow » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:41 pm

OilyBill wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:23 pm
Their magazine is awesome, and they post information on every upcoming tour, event, or swap meet that people let them know about. Since their primary focus is brass-era cars before 1916, they would be a very valuable resource.
Cool, thanks...was thinking about getting a subscription because I have heard so much about the magazines, good and bad.

Topic author
Sandow

Post by Sandow » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:41 pm

Sandow wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:41 pm
OilyBill wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:23 pm
Cool, thanks...was thinking about getting a subscription because I have heard so much about the magazines, good and bad.
I’ve heard there are quit a bit of classifieds too...

Gil Fitzhugh
First Name: Gilbert
Last Name: Fitzhugh
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1914 touring
MTFCI Number: 20696

Post by Gil Fitzhugh » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:23 pm

Mason, I'm interested in what you've heard about the HCCA magazine, "good and bad". I'm a very active life member of the HCCA, and I'm on the committee that helps the editor get out the Gazette every two months. I'd appreciate it if you'd send me a private message telling what you've heard, good and bad. It's sometimes very hard to get feedback about how people view us, and we can't improve if we don't know what we might be doing wrong. I won't use your name without your permission. And I can assure you that you'll be very welcome in HCCA if you choose to sign up.

Farmer J
First Name: Jerry
Last Name: Kramer
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 3

Post by Farmer J » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:31 am

The MTFCA is hosting its annual swap meet at the Model T museum in Richmond Indiana during Homecoming on June 19. This is for prewar items. Call our office to get a spot reserved. Admission to the museum is free that day and there are free tours on Thursday and Friday. Come join in the fun.

Topic author
Sandow

Post by Sandow » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:40 pm

Gil Fitzhugh wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:23 pm
Mason, I'm interested in what you've heard about the HCCA magazine, "good and bad". I'm a very active life member of the HCCA, and I'm on the committee that helps the editor get out the Gazette every two months. I'd appreciate it if you'd send me a private message telling what you've heard, good and bad. It's sometimes very hard to get feedback about how people view us, and we can't improve if we don't know what we might be doing wrong. I won't use your name without your permission. And I can assure you that you'll be very welcome in HCCA if you choose to sign up.
I’ll maybe type up something for you. I personally haven’t seen the publication as I am not a member, so I am only going off of what I have heard about it...I’ve contacted my local chapter though to see what events are held, ext and so definitely considering becoming a member of hcca

Scott_Conger
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Conger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13, '15, '19, '23
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by Scott_Conger » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:55 am

Gil

I was gifted some 2-4 year old HCCA magazines and will say that I enjoyed them immensely. They were outstanding.
Scott Conger

Tyranny under the guise of law is still Tyranny

NH Full Flow Float Valves
Obsolete carburetor parts manufactured

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic