San Diego area school visit

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
67pontiac
First Name: William
Last Name: Bennett
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1911 Touring 1913 Roadster 1919 TT 1920 Huckster 1922 Touring 1926 RPU
Board Member Since: 2010

San Diego area school visit

Post by 67pontiac » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:36 am

Is there anyone in the San Diego area that would be willing to drive their Model "T" to a school to let the children see one close-up. A friend of mine's daughter is learning about Henry Ford and he asked me to see if anyone would be willing to bring their vehicle to the school for a "show and tell" session. This would be a great opportunity to get some youth enthusiasm started. I'm not sure exactly what grade level, but it would be an elementary school. Please give me a call and I can fill you in on all the details. (559) nine six seven 0112. Thank you in advance. Kind Regards, Bill Bennett

Topic author
67pontiac
First Name: William
Last Name: Bennett
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1911 Touring 1913 Roadster 1919 TT 1920 Huckster 1922 Touring 1926 RPU
Board Member Since: 2010

Re: San Diego area school visit

Post by 67pontiac » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:30 pm

Here's a little more information. My friend's name is Logan Calkins, he works for Haggerty Insurance and is quite the "car buff", but he doesn't have a Model "T". His daughter is in the third grade. The school is actually in Vista CA. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Kind Regards, Bill

Scott_Conger
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Conger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13, '15, '19, '23
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by Scott_Conger » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:45 pm

Bill

check with the school. Soon. In most places, getting onto, and then staying on school grounds is a very difficult thing these days. I know of two such "old car" events that coincided with studies that had to be scrapped after many years when the school required background checks and bonding of all participants, and of course, at the participants' expense. It may not be a slam/dunk for you, but here's hoping for the best.
Scott Conger

Tyranny under the guise of law is still Tyranny

NH Full Flow Float Valves
Obsolete carburetor parts manufactured

SurfCityGene
First Name: Gene
Last Name: Carrothers
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 Torpedo Roadster
MTFCA Number: 22905
MTFCI Number: 23068
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by SurfCityGene » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:23 pm

Bill, contact Tony Bowker, if he isn't available he most likely knows someone close by there.

I took my T a week go to the school where my daughter teaches so her students could see and touch a Henry Ford car that they were learning about. I always get a real kick out of watching the different expressions when people are looking at the car. It's amazing what catches their eye or what they miss. Most often few people don't see and read the NONSKID tread pattern on the tires. We just aren't programed to look at the tire tread on tires.
1912 Torpedo Roadster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic