What I have done to my 1916 coupelet since I bought it.

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
KMcoldcars
First Name: Keith
Last Name: McGowan
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1916 coupelet
MTFCI Number: 24767

What I have done to my 1916 coupelet since I bought it.

Post by KMcoldcars » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:49 pm

I bought the car on June 16. Since then I have washed many years of dust off it, buffed the trunk lid and passenger rear fender, polished most of the brass, changed the engine oil, turned all the grease cups down and refilled them, oiled all the oilers and other spots that needed a bit of lube, made the inside of the turtledeck look better by sanding and painting the wooden floor and metal shield over the rear spring. put on side, rear and floor panels covered with black wool mohair, installed a battery in the turtledeck to run the stoplight, installed the carburetor adjust rod and a light switch and brake switch, put a tail/stop light bulb in the rear kerosene taillight and wired them up, along with the headlights, tightened the front wheel bearings and greased them well, replaced the very worn pitman arm with a new one and put a shim in the tie rod end, virtually eliminating any slop in the steering.
Today I will buff the other 3 fenders and the cowl to make them look much better, and polish some more brass.
Attachments
DSC_8670.JPG
DSC_8683.JPG
DSC_8687.JPG
DSC_8682.JPG
I own a 1936 Packard convertible sedan, 1962 Thunderbird, 1991 Corvette, supercharged, a 2000 Corvette convertible and a 1916 coupelet.

Brent Teltow
First Name: Brent
Last Name: Teltow
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1917 touring 192

Re: What I have done to my 1916 coupelet since I bought it.

Post by Brent Teltow » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:05 pm

Nice job!!!!! I love that body style.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic