First Alert EZ Fire Spray (extinguisher)

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
DHort
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Hjortnaes
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 24 Speedster, 20 touring
MTFCA Number: 28762
MTFCI Number: 22402

First Alert EZ Fire Spray (extinguisher)

Post by DHort » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:17 am

rsz_fireex_1 (1).jpg
rsz_fireex_2.jpg
These are not rated ABC, but if you have room for a second extinguisher this may be the way to go.
- last 4 times longer
- aerosol can
- no messy residue, biodegradable and non-toxic

I purchased a pair of these on Amazon for about $35. They come in aerosol cans that I did not think were as well protected as an original extinguisher. I just keep them on the floor, so I had to think of a way to protect them. I ended up using a 3 inch pipe about 14 inches long. There is a cap you can get for 50 cents instead of $6 that fits inside the pipe. The inside needed a little sanding with my Dremel to get it to fit. Since the can was loose in the pipe I put a microfiber washcloth around the can before it was inserted. I wanted the extinguisher easily accessible, so I covered it with a piece o duct tape. The ends of the tape I folded over to make a tab so the tape can be removed quickly and easily.

I hope I never have to use them, but they seemed like a good fit. They say to keep one in the garage or on the boat. Perhaps one of the fireman on here can tell us how well they really work. I plan on having one of each kind with my cars. Better than nothing.

TRDxB2
First Name: Frank
Last Name: Brandi
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Speedster (1919 w 1926)
Board Member Since: 2018

Re: First Alert EZ Fire Spray (extinguisher)

Post by TRDxB2 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:38 am

More specs about it they say: Extinguishes grease, paper, fabric, wood and electrical fires . Cost about $11
4 times longer? Only found one reference stating " most portable extinguishers discharge completely in as few as eight seconds."
The past is a great place and I don't want to erase it or to regret it, but I don't want to be its prisoner either.
Mick Jagger

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic