Tank wood mount blocks fitting...

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
ivaldes1
First Name: Ignacio
Last Name: Valdes
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924 Touring
MTFCA Number: 50406
Board Member Since: 2016

Tank wood mount blocks fitting...

Post by ivaldes1 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:35 am

It is really coming together enough to start putting the tank on. Unfortunately the pre-cut Lang's block do not fit my tank. The tank is very oval at a steeper angle. So my choices are cut my own or somehow pack the wood block angle with some material. The wood mounts I have also won't mount to the floorboard without blocks under it. I think I need to make some mounts that will bolt to the side wall of the wood body and suspend it off the floor board so I can get to my battery anyway. That means I will need straps too. Any suggestions on making tank straps? I don't know if Lang's tank straps will work or not.
Attachments
IMG_0858 (1).jpg

Topic author
ivaldes1
First Name: Ignacio
Last Name: Valdes
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924 Touring
MTFCA Number: 50406
Board Member Since: 2016

Re: Tank wood mount blocks fitting...

Post by ivaldes1 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:59 am

I made some prototype mounts out of a 12x2. It looks good, the sediment bulb valve works. I may remake them in hardwood. I sank some 6 inch long decking screws through the base on either side to make the mounts split resistant. John Tannehill suggested bicycle inner tubes to protect the straps and the tank from the wood. We will see...
Attachments
IMG_0866 (1).jpg
IMG_0864.jpg

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic