Performance T Parts Camshaft

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
ShirkWood
First Name: Verne
Last Name: Shirk

Performance T Parts Camshaft

Post by ShirkWood » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:52 pm

About 18 years ago I acquired a Performance T Parts camshaft from a fellow T-er (who has since passed). At that time, I sat it on the shelf for future use. PTP was owned by the late Ralph Reeder who passed away about 2010. I believe some of the PTP stock may have been taken over but Texas T Parts. It appears to be a re-ground cam as opposed to a totally new one. Does anyone have knowledge of the grind that was used? I'm guessing Ralph had these ground for him as opposed to buying someone else's cam and reselling it. Was it a good grind? I'm considering using it in an engine as the cam bearings are already fitted to the cam (this would save a lot of time on the rebuild). Also, would I gain anything by "advancing" it by 5 degrees?

Thanks for your help!

Verne Shirk
Wichita, Kansas

Henry K. Lee
First Name: Henry
Last Name: Lee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Many
MTFCA Number: 479
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Re: Performance T Parts Camshaft

Post by Henry K. Lee » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:43 am

Verne,

My Dad and Ralph were good friends back in the day. His cams are regrinds that come out to a 280. We are still using a few of them in our cars with 25 plus years of working experience. They run strong.

Hope this Helps,

Hank

Topic author
ShirkWood
First Name: Verne
Last Name: Shirk

Re: Performance T Parts Camshaft

Post by ShirkWood » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:55 am

Thanks Hank! Yes, that helps! I look forward to installing it! Verne

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic