Limited run of 21” drop center McLaren wire wheels for Model T

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Mike Lebsack-Iowa
First Name: Mike
Last Name: Lebsack
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 11Torpedo, 11 Roadster, 13 Touring, 14 Roadster, 14 Touring
Board Member Since: 2008

Limited run of 21” drop center McLaren wire wheels for Model T

Post by Mike Lebsack-Iowa » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:22 pm

FYI. After two years of research I have established contact with the roll former who produced the 21” drop center rims that were used to produce McLaren 21” wire wheels that use 4.50x21 tires like those used on 28-29 Model A’s. There are quite a few T members who have these wheels and swear by the softer ride of a 32psi tire and the added benefit of more rubber on the ground. These wheels work exceptionally well with Sure-Stop disc brake kits made by Birdhaven/Texas T.
I will have a very limited quantity because of the logistics of having them produced and shipped from New Zealand. Gary at Vintage Rim has been nothing but exceptional for helping me work this project and I am thankful. Three of the ten sets I will produce are spoken for. These are great for speedsters and drivers. It will take at least two months to get them to the U.S.
If you want to get more information please call me at 319-four three zero- forty nine 95. Thanks, Mike