MODEL T HAVEN

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Will_Vanderburg
First Name: William
Last Name: Vanderburg
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 2
MTFCA Number: 28382

MODEL T HAVEN

Post by Will_Vanderburg » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:34 pm

Someone just posted on Facebook that Mark of Model T Haven is selling EVERYTHING on his property in November.

Is this true, and more details please?
William L Vanderburg

1925 Touring
1922 Center Door Sedan

ModelTWoods
First Name: Terry
Last Name: Woods
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Model T coupe, 1926 4 door sedan
MTFCI Number: 20180

Re: MODEL T HAVEN

Post by ModelTWoods » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:45 pm

I certainly have not confirmed this, but I heard a rumor months ago, that would lead me to believe this is possible. So sad :cry: , another T parts supplier will be gone. I wish Mark, well.
Last edited by ModelTWoods on Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Will_Vanderburg

Post by Will_Vanderburg » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:54 pm

Supposedly the auction is on November 16 and 17th I just found another posting for it.
William L Vanderburg

1925 Touring
1922 Center Door Sedan

ThreePedalTapDancer
First Name: Ed
Last Name: Martin
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1914 Touring, 1909 Touring

Post by ThreePedalTapDancer » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:11 pm

The sad fact is that the scrappers will be claiming the vast majority of the iron. I wouldn’t be surprised to see mobile crushers and shredders rolling in like they have done at countless other junkyards.
CD6DC572-7C0E-4C70-AEA9-797FDA9EBD4D.jpeg

Dan Hatch
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Hatch
MTFCA Number: 49974

Post by Dan Hatch » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:38 pm

How about a link?

Mark Gregush
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Gregush
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 cutdown PU, 1920 Dodge touring, 1948 F2 Ford flat head 6 pickup 3 speed
MTFCA Number: 52564
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by Mark Gregush » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:44 pm

Link would be nice, there are 5 or more Model T pages on Facebook.
I know the voices aren't real but damn they have some good ideas! :shock:

1925 Cut down pickup
1920 Dodge touring
1948 Ford F2 pickup

sweet23
First Name: Darryl
Last Name: Bobzin
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 2, '25 T Runabouts, '14 Touring
MTFCA Number: 27211
Board Member Since: 2016

Post by sweet23 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:50 pm

nothing about this on their website or there facebook page. In fact their facebook page shows him buying more cars & parts in callifunny.

TRDxB2
First Name: Frank
Last Name: Brandi
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Speedster (1919 w 1926)
Board Member Since: 2018

Post by TRDxB2 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:22 pm

Will_Vanderburg wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:34 pm
Someone just posted on Facebook that Mark of Model T Haven is selling EVERYTHING on his property in November.
Here we go - a FACEBOOK tale that needs some validation vs reaction. Who posted it - do you know that or did you hear that
Model T Haven has always been selling EVERYTHING on the property in October, November, and the rest of the Months of the Year.
What does "Mark of Model T Haven is selling EVERYTHING on his property" mean which property?
He could be selling off his collection of vintage radios and phonographs
I did a search in FACEBOOK and can not fine any such "news" about any Auction in Iola KS. Same search across the INTERNET

While it may be true we need facts
The past is a great place and I don't want to erase it or to regret it, but I don't want to be its prisoner either.
Mick Jagger

Topic author
Will_Vanderburg

Post by Will_Vanderburg » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:28 pm

TRDxB2 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:22 pm
Will_Vanderburg wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:34 pm
Here we go - a FACEBOOK tale that needs some validation vs reaction. Who posted it - do you know that or did you hear that
Model T Haven has always been selling EVERYTHING on the property in October, November, and the rest of the Months of the Year.
What does "Mark of Model T Haven is selling EVERYTHING on his property" mean which property?
He could be selling off his collection of vintage radios and phonographs
I did a search in FACEBOOK and can not fine any such "news" about any Auction in Iola KS. Same search across the INTERNET

While it may be true we need facts
Well, you obviously haven't looked hard enough. Just scroll through and you'll find it

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fordmodelt
William L Vanderburg

1925 Touring
1922 Center Door Sedan

Topic author
Will_Vanderburg

Post by Will_Vanderburg » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:37 pm

ANNNDDDD........

It's also on here....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1478371332432340
William L Vanderburg

1925 Touring
1922 Center Door Sedan

Topic author
Will_Vanderburg

Post by Will_Vanderburg » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:40 pm

AND JUST ONE FOR THE ROAD>

Here's the actual listing for the sale of the property.

https://www.bizbuysell.com/Business-Opp ... S/1612711/
Last edited by Will_Vanderburg on Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
William L Vanderburg

1925 Touring
1922 Center Door Sedan

dobro1956
First Name: Donnie
Last Name: Brown
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Sport Touring, 1919 Speedster, 1914 Speedster, Wards tractor conversion, non starter 1926 Improved Touring
MTFCA Number: 49575

Post by dobro1956 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:45 pm

OK guys, ..... Just had a nice talk with Mark to get the facts from him. .... "straight from the horses mouth"
They are going to have an auction Nov 16th and 17th. All Model T parts will sell. But he is not going out of business. He will be moving to Florida and restarting his business there. All he said he will be taking with him, is most all of his tools from the shop, some of his antique phonographs, one of his personal project cars and a few model T parts for himself for maybe a speedster project for himself. As well as his other personal things. He also said all the pre war cars on the web page or any other complete cars are already sold. There probably will still be some post war non ford cars for sale. The auction company will be there in about 2 weeks. He will still be open for sales till then. After that he will be unable to sell anything the auction company has posted photos of. He is hoping to be back in the business of restorations and selling parts again, in Florida, in about 6 months or so. He will be smaller in size as everything will need to be inside. He is unsure of the actual scope of the business. He said he will let his customers set the path for the actual type of things he will buy and sell. He sounded good and seemed upbeat about the move and the new direction Model T Haven is moving on to. He tried to sell the business for several years with no takers. So this is his only real choice. I have been there many times thru the years. This should be a model T auction of epic proportions. Lets all try and give him a good send off to Florida, There were a few folks who complained about Mark and Model T Haven. But in all my years of dealing with him as a customer and also as a competitor at auctions as well as Chickasha, I have always thought of him as a good person with a honest love of old cars and an asset to the Model T community.

The link posted above is for the "sale of the entire business" that he had tried to sell for a couple years. It is not the auction that will be coming up on Nov 16th and 17th ... That auction is still in process of setting up and pictures will be taken and posted for it in a few weeks by the auction company
Last edited by dobro1956 on Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Topic author
Will_Vanderburg

Post by Will_Vanderburg » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:48 pm

I got some coils from him in 2019 at Hersey and had them redone and they are currently in my car. Some of the first photos I ever looked at for how the cars were assembled came from his website in 1996-97
William L Vanderburg

1925 Touring
1922 Center Door Sedan

Brian B. Kansas City
First Name: Brian
Last Name: Beatty
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 20's Speedster

Post by Brian B. Kansas City » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:25 pm

I can't imagine them being able to auction all the parts Mark has in just two days. I fear a lot of it will go for scrap.

sweet23
First Name: Darryl
Last Name: Bobzin
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 2, '25 T Runabouts, '14 Touring
MTFCA Number: 27211
Board Member Since: 2016

Post by sweet23 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:42 pm

Bid fast, bid often, bring big trucks.

20touring
First Name: Kevin
Last Name: Mocyk
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1920 Touring

Post by 20touring » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:02 pm

Can’t say my dealings with him were good.
First, there was the drivers side splash apron that was described as “perfect with most of its original paint” only to be damaged(before shipping), not correct for the year ordered, and NO original paint!
Second was a pair of rear fender irons for a touring car that he described as “mint” and what he sent was one good used and the other was all bent up and twisted-unusable junk! When I called him he said: “most people would just put it in a vice and heat it up with a torch to straighten it out”.
No, he never made it right on either account.
That’s when I realized he was the type to send the worst thing he has rather than the best and I never bought from him again.
Not a smart man who loses thousands of dollars of business over a then $60 splash apron and a $15 fender iron.
See a pattern? What’d they call them in the old days...flim-flam artists?
Fact of the matter is in all my purchases and dealings with model T folks since I got in this hobby 25 years ago, he stands alone as the only one who was ever dishonest like that.

George Mills
First Name: George
Last Name: Mills
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Roadster, 1919 Hack, 1925 Fordor
MTFCA Number: 29497
MTFCI Number: 10032

Post by George Mills » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:04 pm

Interesting, to me I always just presumed that if he found a good T, it got cleaned and listed on his sight for immediate resale.

The parts? Having seen first hand what he has bought at Hershey and similar with full trailer road ready to leave...I sort of just took it for granted that he simply went back to Iowa, took these low end hulks apart, and somewhere in his yard was a pile location for like with like.

As far as sales 'blurb' guess I never had the chance to hear it.

There was a comfort however knowing that whatever I may need and find to be un-obtainium...somewhere in one of those piles would be something that once was what I may be needing, or something close. Oh well, what's clean steel scrap go for today? Maybe a dime a pound?

Good thing is Mark apparently sez he'll be back at things on a much smaller scale at his new place in Florida. OK, thats a yeah right...better hope he is in an unincorporated area without zoning, lol or new piles will start to form.

I'm sorry a few had expectation issues but for the good of the whole, I'm thankful that Mark established what he did for the hobby...

20touring

Post by 20touring » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:15 pm

Why not have a 5 or 10% over scrap sale if he knows its likely that most will go to scrappers? Then have the auction. that way the parts will stay in the hobby. i think he's being given more credit than he deserves. Having seen his prices and given his attitude monopoliziation and greed drive his motives rather than benevolence to the hobby. Otherwise he would want to keep the parts in circulation regardless of the price. No, he's no prince to the hobby...his actions speak to his character.

Scott_Conger
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Conger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13, '15, '19, '23
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by Scott_Conger » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:49 pm

if folks do not want to see it go to the scrappers, then I'd suggest that they show up and buy it. It's been for sale for a long time...a little over a million bucks should do it. Then they can work for 25 years or more, trying to get their money back.

It is indeed a shame for anything T related to go to the scrappers, but if it doesn't sell, what should the man do? I've been to the place and the property is quite rural and lovely. The next owner is unlikely to want a junkyard to come with it, as history has shown that no one wants to purchase it as it sits.

As far as benevolence to the hobby, you have just articulated an increasingly growing sense of entitlement which is enveloping the world and particularly in the US. Have you EVER told a "T" supplier that their price was too high and not fair for a "hobbiest"? I have been told that, and can assure you that that person will NEVER purchase a product or service from me again...at any price. A person's character is not set by what they do with their own stuff and with respect to Mark's stuff, private property is just that - private. The man is free to do with his old parts it as he pleases and doing so doesn't in and of itself, make him a bad guy.
Scott Conger

Tyranny under the guise of law is still Tyranny

NH Full Flow Float Valves
Obsolete carburetor parts manufactured

ModelT46
First Name: Darel
Last Name: Leipold
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1910 touring
MTFCA Number: 823
MTFCI Number: 953

Post by ModelT46 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:55 pm

I have met Mark and he seemed to be a okay guy. No mater what you think of him and of past dealings, this action is going to be the last chance at this great collection of Model T Ford Parts. It took years and $$$$ to accumulate this hord. So for those of you with the time, $$$ and space, head for the auction. One of the Ts he had for sale was a 1912 "pickup/depot wagon" that I once owned. I hope it went to a good home.

20touring

Post by 20touring » Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:01 pm

“As far as benevolence to the hobby, you have just articulated an increasingly growing sense of entitlement which is enveloping the world and particularly in the US. Have you EVER told a "T" supplier that their price was too high and not fair for a "hobbiest"? I have been told that, and can assure you that that person will NEVER purchase a product or service from me again...at any price. A person's character is not set by what they do with their own stuff and with respect to Mark's stuff, private property is just that - private. The man is free to do with his old parts it as he pleases and doing so doesn't in and of itself, make him a bad guy.”

You’re off the “Mark” on this one: I am about as far from an entitlement mentality as a person can get! You missed my point-better the hobby gets the parts than a scrapper if it’s come down to that. He still gets his money, but the hobby is promoted still through the parts preservation.
I let a persons actions speak for their character, since actions do speak louder than words.
He treated me dubiously as a customer.
To answer your question, no I’ve never told a vendor or individual their price is too high, but then again none of them in this hobby ever lied to me about the merchandise they were selling used or otherwise and cheated me. He did.
Nuff said.
Last edited by 20touring on Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TRDxB2

Post by TRDxB2 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:02 pm

How would you sell this rusty gold in a week/month/year? There is lot of other stuff as well
Attachments
mth1.png
mth2.png
mth3.png
The past is a great place and I don't want to erase it or to regret it, but I don't want to be its prisoner either.
Mick Jagger

JTT3
First Name: John
Last Name: Tannehill
MTFCA Number: 49460

Post by JTT3 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:31 pm

From a point of civility, which seems to be dying, I would hope that we could restrain ourselves from making derogatory comments about folks on the forum or really any type media. In a more genteel time, things were brought directly to the offender by the offended and settled privately. As an adolescent my grandfather & father always instructed me in this by saying “if you can’t say anything good about a person, don’t say anything.” For no other reason, is it good for the hobby to relay a personal negative experience, when an unknown number of others may not have had the same experience. If it had happen I believe by word of mouth it would be well known in the community and that would take care of itself. The facts are when you’re in business, putting everything you have on the line, a good reputation is your most valuable asset and though you may try you will not please everyone all the time. You only hope that the you’ve done everything you can to earn more good than bad transactions. I am guilty of not following my lessons early on. It made me a bitter person. I am far better at achieving that goal now that I actually do strive to follow my better Angels.
Last edited by JTT3 on Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Henry K. Lee
First Name: Henry
Last Name: Lee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Many
MTFCA Number: 479
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Post by Henry K. Lee » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:31 pm

Hear, hear, and hear ya John! Some of us want to retire and put it away for good. Good advertising of the auction, and if it does not sell, like myself, it goes to the crusher. Out of sight out of mind. I want my valuable space back and was a great time in my life. Time to turn the page to a new and exciting chapter.

Life is short.., enjoy the moments and WHAT makes you happy!

Humbled Hank

TXGOAT2
First Name: Pat
Last Name: McNallen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926-7 roadster
MTFCA Number: 51486
Board Member Since: 2021

Post by TXGOAT2 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:40 pm

I would think selling off smaller lots over a longer time would get better results.

VinTin23
First Name: Marty
Last Name: Ray
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1916 Runabout, 1922 Roadster
MTFCA Number: 50870
MTFCI Number: 25240

Post by VinTin23 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:37 am

I want to go, but will really depend on how the auction is set up.

RichardW
First Name: Richard
Last Name: Williamson
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913

Post by RichardW » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:20 pm

There are a lot of Model T's on the road, as the result of his service to this hobby. In all of my dealings with him, he has never failed to treat me very good. I have bought from him sight unseen, never a disappointment. He has above and beyond to help me get the parts I wanted.

Thanks Mark

Richard Williamson

John kuehn
First Name: John
Last Name: Kuehn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 19 Roadster, 21 Touring, 24 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 28924

Post by John kuehn » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:23 pm

I bought a needed fender iron for my 24 Coupe and had other dealings with him with no issues. I recommend him to anyone who might have som T needs.

TRDxB2

Post by TRDxB2 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:48 pm

TXGOAT2 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:40 pm
I would think selling off smaller lots over a longer time would get better results.
Seriously, how do make small lots out out of this. Just too much stuff, endless rows, 22 acres of Model T parts. Waited to long to sell by the semi load.
mth3.png
I am not suggesting scrapping anything, just something big enough to do the haul away a large quantity of parts at a time. How many of these are going to be needed to empty the place? How do you even load one without destroying the parts.
Attachments
load.png
Mick Jagger

MikieB
First Name: Michael
Last Name: Black
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 15 Touring, 23 Spdstr, 25 Spdstr, 25 TT, 25 Hack, 26 P/U
MTFCA Number: 22331
MTFCI Number: 20331

Post by MikieB » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:32 pm

i'VE bought from him several times over the last 20 years, and even went there personally a couple of times. I've watched the criticisms and the accolades. Where I saw most of the criticisms were when he got a car with bad wood and set 2x4's on the frame rails to take pics and advertise it looking like a "ready to go car". Even though he said it needed wood work, the people often expected they could paint it and go-- then they whined about it. That's why I won't deal with the public -- many expect something for next to nothing. This will be a great loss to the hobby.

Bryant
First Name: bryant
Last Name: shafer
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 tudor
MTFCA Number: 51736

Post by Bryant » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:49 pm

2EBA898D-2163-464F-93B7-315179A548E8.jpeg
I purchased my 26 from mark. Just saw it on his site and went for it. He helped me with the shipping and one day it showed up! I wish the bank would lone me a million then I’d buy it all! Maybe some will go to other salvage yards close. I’ve seen it happen in my neck of the woods. Iam sure someone is watching. I guess time will tell
“Whether you think you can, or think you can’t-you’re right.”

Bryant

Post by Bryant » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:07 pm

TRDxB2 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:48 pm
TXGOAT2 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:40 pm
Seriously, how do make small lots out out of this. Just too much stuff, endless rows, 22 acres of Model T parts. Waited to long to sell by the semi load.
mth3.png
I am not suggesting scrapping anything, just something big enough to do the haul away a large quantity of parts at a time. How many of these are going to be needed to empty the place? How do you even load one without destroying the parts.
You need a PHD in model T parts. Pile it Higher and Deeper 😂

Bryant

Post by Bryant » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:22 pm

You might even say that place is a rare earth deposit. All that vanadium 🤔

Dropacent
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Morsher
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925TT, 1926 Martin-Parry bodied wagon, 1927 mercury bodied speedster

Post by Dropacent » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:44 pm

Just had this discussion with a good friend. I also agree with Henry Lee. For some of us, our hunting gathering days are over, me included. Some of us don’t want to die with tons of crap to disperse. I’ve lost the drive to get real dirty and do the backbreaking work involved. Some think it’s easy. It’s not. Good on Mark Frymiller, he’s had a good run and I’m hoping he can enjoy his Florida retirement.
Others ideas can be different. That’s the great thing in this country. Some still believe the one who dies with the most toys wins! Possession is 9/10ths of the law. If you don’t agree with Mark, step up and buy it. Put your money where your mouth is. He’s run a great business for many years. Happy trails, Mark!

CudaMan
Last Name: Strange
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924 Cut Off Touring (now a pickup)
MTFCA Number: 30944
MTFCI Number: 23667
Board Member Since: 2013

Post by CudaMan » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:38 pm

He is still listing a lot of stuff on Ebay, user modelt96. :)
Mark Strange
Hillsboro, MO
1924 Cut-off Touring (now a pickup)

NealW
First Name: Neal
Last Name: Willford
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1911 Touring, 1915 Runabout
MTFCA Number: 50256

Post by NealW » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:01 am

Here's a link to the auction company's ad. I live about 100 miles from the site, so I may go for some of the first day. I wonder if they are going to auction piles of stuff at a time in order to get through all this in two days. I may call Mark to see if there is a chance to go still buy bits and pieces prior to the auction.

https://www.sundgren.com/model-t-haven- ... usel-75119

ModelTWoods
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Model T coupe, 1926 4 door sedan

Post by ModelTWoods » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:27 am

NealW wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:01 am
Here's a link to the auction company's ad. I live about 100 miles from the site, so I may go for some of the first day. I wonder if they are going to auction piles of stuff at a time in order to get through all this in two days. I may call Mark to see if there is a chance to go still buy bits and pieces prior to the auction.

https://www.sundgren.com/model-t-haven- ... usel-75119
I think I remember seeing a post that Mark made saying that anything was available up to the day of the first sale. After that, individual sales were off.

Topic author
Will_Vanderburg

Post by Will_Vanderburg » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:47 am

Mark said anything was for sale except whatever the auction company had already photographed.
William L Vanderburg

1925 Touring
1922 Center Door Sedan

Topic author
Will_Vanderburg

Post by Will_Vanderburg » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:48 am

I imagine the Tuckett Brothers from the UK will be there loading up a shipping container.
William L Vanderburg

1925 Touring
1922 Center Door Sedan

Quickm007
First Name: Mario
Last Name: Brossard
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1911 Touring and 1914 speedster
MTFCA Number: 30981
MTFCI Number: 30981

Post by Quickm007 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:48 am

Just for my knowledge. Model T haven is the same owner of Birdhaven Vintage Auto, also owner of fun projet and old Texas T parts?
Super Mario Bross ;)

1911 Touring
1914 Speedster

ModelTWoods

Post by ModelTWoods » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:50 am

Will_Vanderburg wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:48 am
I imagine the Tuckett Brothers from the UK will be there loading up a shipping container.
Yeah, IF they can find an empty shipping container ! :lol:

ModelTWoods

Post by ModelTWoods » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:51 am

Quickm007 wrote:
Just for my knowledge. Model T haven is the same owner of Birdhaven Vintage Auto, also owner of fun projet and old Texas T parts?
Short Answer: NO.

Steve Jelf
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Jelf
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1923 touring and a few projects
MTFCA Number: 16175
MTFCI Number: 14758
Board Member Since: 2007

Post by Steve Jelf » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:33 am

Model T Haven is in Gas, Kansas, and is owned by Mark Freimiller.
Birdhaven/Texas T/Fun Projects is in Colfax, Iowa, and is owned by Bill Devine and family.
The inevitable often happens.
1915 Runabout
1923 Touring

TRDxB2

Post by TRDxB2 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:35 am

Quickm007 wrote:
From Dun's and Bradstreet
Doing Business As: Birdhaven Vintage Auto Supply
Company Description: Birdhaven Vintage Auto Supply is located in Colfax, IA, United States and is part of the Automotive Parts, Accessories, and Tire Stores Industry. Birdhaven Vintage Auto Supply has 4 total employees across all of its locations.
Key Principal: Rick Birkenholtz and Joan Birkenholtz as partners
---
Doing Business As: Model T Haven, Inc.
Company Description: Model T Haven, Inc. is located in Iola, KS, United States and is part of the Automobile Dealers Industry. Model T Haven, Inc. has 4 total employees across all of its locations.
Key Principal: Mark Freimiller President
Mick Jagger

Quickm007
First Name: Mario
Last Name: Brossard
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1911 Touring and 1914 speedster
MTFCA Number: 30981
MTFCI Number: 30981

Post by Quickm007 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:19 pm

Thank you all to clarify the information. More clear now. They have similar name as well. I'm glad he will be able to go in Florida and continue doing is business again in different way. We need several enthusiast suppliers in our hobby. I'm so thankfull for all of them.
Super Mario Bross ;)

1911 Touring
1914 Speedster

Steve Jelf

Post by Steve Jelf » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:31 pm

Doing Business As: Birdhaven Vintage Auto Supply Company
...Key Principal: Rick Birkenholtz and Joan Birkenholtz as partners

That is out of date by many years. The current owners are the Devine family. Seeing the reference to D&B made me curious, so I went to their website and looked up my former business. Their information on it is at least fifteen years old.
1915 Runabout
1923 Touring

Allan
First Name: Allan
Last Name: Bennett
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 van, 1917 shooting brake, 1929 roadster buckboard, 1924 tourer, 1925 barn find buckboard, 1925 D &F wide body roadster, 1927LHD Tudor sedan.

Post by Allan » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:46 pm

Seeing those photos of the piles of parts reminded me of Ford 'n' More in Spokane, before it was taken on by the guys who are Antique Auto Ranch. Not as extensive a collection, there, but the piles made it a day's work to retrieve the bits you might have wanted.

Allan from down under.

Humblej
First Name: Jeff
Last Name: Humble
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Canadian built coupe, 1924 TT C-cab, survivor 1924 roadster
MTFCA Number: 28034
Board Member Since: 2006

Post by Humblej » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:56 am

That would be fun to attend, but too far to travel, and I already have my own but modest piles of rust.

Mark Gregush
Last Name: Gregush
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 cutdown PU, 1920 Dodge touring, 1948 F2 Ford flat head 6 pickup 3 speed
MTFCA Number: 52564

Post by Mark Gregush » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:24 pm

Went to an auction that anything not bought or picked up by buyer, went to scrapper...except that scrapper took all that stuff back to their warehouse/lot and went through it, so not everything was scrapped. ;)
I know the voices aren't real but damn they have some good ideas! :shock:

1925 Cut down pickup
1920 Dodge touring
1948 Ford F2 pickup

Steve Jelf

Post by Steve Jelf » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:06 am

After looking through the 163 photos on the auction website, I can easily imagine the stuff being sold in huge piles just to get through it all in two days. I hope the high rollers will let a few crumbs fall off the table for us peons.

https://www.sundgren.com/model-t-haven- ... usel-75109
1915 Runabout
1923 Touring

George Mills
First Name: George
Last Name: Mills
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Roadster, 1919 Hack, 1925 Fordor
MTFCA Number: 29497
MTFCI Number: 10032

Post by George Mills » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:31 am

People ask 'how will they ever?' in the short time frame. They just do!

I did attend one of these acres and acres and acres auctions on the Eastern Shore of Maryland for an old tractor collector who was liquidating his piles....some good, some junk, but-all must go!

The auctioneer was in the back of a pickup truck and unless he got some real live ones, he spent less than a minute at a 'pile' and then moved on. Sort of imagine Hershey, with a guy doing the same thing at each stall...bada-bing, bada-boom! Not for the feint of heart either. On this eastern shore show there was a 'stop' that had a fair amount of gas station memorabilia. Sign posts, hanging signs, some near flawless some missing all enamel and in the time it took me to decide the 'worth' of the pile to me for the parts that I wanted...he was already on his way to the next 'corral' Ya feel dumb, as when you do the mental math the sign pile went for quite fair...but there are guys who do this stuff with a much keener eye and make it more like "Storage wars" from the back of a pick-up.

Good luck Mark!

RustyFords
First Name: Don
Last Name: Allen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924 Touring
MTFCA Number: 50001

Post by RustyFords » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:07 am

Steve Jelf wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:06 am
After looking through the 163 photos on the auction website, I can easily imagine the stuff being sold in huge piles just to get through it all in two days. I hope the high rollers will let a few crumbs fall off the table for us peons.

https://www.sundgren.com/model-t-haven- ... usel-75109
I'll just be happy if most of it goes to Model T people of any kind....instead of metal scrappers.
1924 Touring

Tracer
First Name: Andrew
Last Name: Webb
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Towncar 1921 Centerdoor 1913 Racer 1927 Fordor 1927 Tudor 1926 Tudor 1927 Coupe 1926 Ute1926 Tourer 1915 Town Car

Post by Tracer » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:37 am

Hi All
Is anybody attending the auction that could help me out with a list of parts I am looking for?
Cheers from Andrew across the ditch

Ken Buhler
First Name: Ken
Last Name: Buhler
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Roadster 1927 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 49471
Board Member Since: 2012

Post by Ken Buhler » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:18 am

Many of us collect things and live like we have a second life in the bank. I am not totally exempt from that judgement, as I have gathered thousands of old records, sound equipment, and Model T parts. However, I learned that we have a moral obligation to have a protective exit plan if we have spent our energy to amass such a considerable amount of any historical artifacts. Thus, denying others the opportunity to have items otherwise unobtainable. Let’s not do a stupid thing here, heartlessly destroying American historical artifacts and a hobby that has International interest.
Is there not someone out there that would see this as necessary inventory to protect, being from such a significant period of time in the World History? When it may be but a small part of their worth? And not and not focused on profit?
Can you imagine the number of speedsters this inventory could build for future generations?
If inventoried, it will have a value as opposed to a pile of old car parts.
Think about if we were loosing it to slow attrition where it was, as opposed to all that someone chose to control and now without an exit plan, risk total loss.
Please.
Work honestly
Stay true to your word
Get the job done right

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic