South Carolina Model T folks – Zoom meeting Sunday Jan 30 @ 4 PM Eastern Time

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Hap_Tucker
First Name: Hap
Last Name: Tucker
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 cut off touring; 1918 touring; 1922 Speedster
MTFCA Number: 100
MTFCA Life Member: YES

South Carolina Model T folks – Zoom meeting Sunday Jan 30 @ 4 PM Eastern Time

Post by Hap_Tucker » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:09 pm

Great news for anyone interested in finding out more about a new start or restart of the Model T Ford Club in South Carolina. Robert Burton has set up a short introduction/ first steps meeting for us using Zoom. It starts the last Sunday of the month - Jan 30th at 4 PM EST. We would love to have you join us. (That goes for anyone not far from SC also….) Just send Robert an e-mail by clicking on the link:

https://mtfca.com/phpBB3/memberlist.php ... file&u=773

That takes you to his Forum Profile. Then on the left side you can click on “Send email to poorboy1921” which is his forum user name. You can also go direct to that same form by clicking the link: memberlist.php?mode=email&u=773&sid=59e ... e9a74e58d0
Just let him know a little about you (name, where you are from or something) so when you join us on Sunday Jan 30 – he recognizes your name etc. He will send you the details of the meeting to include the Zoom meeting link, meeting ID, and Passcode.

If for some reason you have trouble getting through to him, as an alternate you can click on “contact” by my name on the right of this posting. And e-mail me and I will send you the details and forward your info to Robert.

Why don’t we just post all that information here? Because when another club posted the information publicly on the internet, they had a lot of folks who were not interested in Model Ts show up and it didn’t end well… Now if we were just going for initial numbers that could work – but many of those folks who were not interested in T’s were up to “no good”.

What if you are interested but have never participated in a Zoom meeting? No problem. Unlike the Model T where you can try to hand crank it with the spark advanced and it will “kick back” and if you are pushing down on the crank it will likely break your arm/wrist – the chances of being physically hurt in a Zoom meeting is much more remote.

You can try it out by going to the Zoom test meeting at: https://zoom.us/test

You can watch a video on "How to join a Zoom meeting for the first time” at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9isp3qPeQ0E And most of our kids or grandkids can help us as many K-5 and up kids have used Zoom for talking to friends etc.

And Robert or I can also walk you through it. Robert would be your better choice….. If you have never used it recommend you at least check out the video as you need to down load a small “app?” or whatever it says for it to work.

Want to support the group but not go over to the dark side and purchase a Ch@# … I mean use zoom? Still not a problem. Let Robert know if you are interested in joining the group, volunteering to serve in some way, open to hosting a meeting etc. Also send him any questions you have. When he responds to your e-mail he will also include his phone number.

Again, we look forward to seeing you at the Zoom meeting on Sun Jan 30 at 4 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

KLTagert
First Name: Kathy
Last Name: Tagert
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1917 Runabout, 1918 Coupelet, ‘21 Centerdoor, ‘22 coupes, ‘23 Roadster and touring, ‘25 roadster pickup, Fordor, and coupe, ‘26 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 32467
MTFCI Number: 24412
Board Member Since: 2020

Re: South Carolina Model T folks – Zoom meeting Sunday Jan 30 @ 4 PM Eastern Time

Post by KLTagert » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:18 pm

Looking forward to the Zoom meeting and working with you all on a Model T Club for SC.

Kathy Tagert, MTFCA
Board of Directors 2020-2022

George_Akin
First Name: Hobart (George)
Last Name: Akin
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1914 Touring 1914 pickup 1925 coupe 1923 touring
MTFCA Number: 20889
MTFCI Number: 16527

Re: South Carolina Model T folks – Zoom meeting Sunday Jan 30 @ 4 PM Eastern Time

Post by George_Akin » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:55 pm

I will be there to support and provide any information that would be of help in organizing a chapter in South Carolina.

Darin Hull
First Name: Darin
Last Name: Hull
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 Model T
MTFCA Number: 29699
MTFCI Number: 25147
Board Member Since: 2010

Post by Darin Hull » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:53 pm

Hap,

Congratulations, I’m excited for y’all. I know you’ve been thinking about taking these steps for a while. I’ll plan on joining in.

Darin

Topic author
Hap_Tucker
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 cut off touring; 1918 touring; 1922 Speedster

Post by Hap_Tucker » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:36 am

Darin, George & Kathy,

Thank you all for the support and we look forward seeing you Sun Jan 30 at the Zoom meeting!

If anyone know of someone in South Carolina with and interest in Model T's please let them know to contact Robert Burton or me to have the Zoom mtg information sent to you.

Spring is coming and it would be great to have the group formed so when COVID is a more under control and the weather is better -- we would be ready to hold an in-person meeting.

I know -- the Snow Flyer T's and others with the tracks and Ski's on their "T" love the winter wonderland. But my winter coat is a lot lighter duty than the ones I used to wear when I lived where it snowed a lot.

Again thank you to everyone that can help us get the South Carolina club up and going.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Topic author
Hap_Tucker

Re: South Carolina Model T folks – Zoom meeting today Sunday Jan 30 @ 4 PM Eastern Time

Post by Hap_Tucker » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:22 pm

The day has come for our short introductory and first steps meeting of the South Carolina T group. We will meet on Zoom Today - Sunday Jan 30, 2022 at 4 PM EST.

For anyone interested in finding out more or to help start a South Carolina chapter – please join us then.

You will need the zoom meeting link, meeting ID and Passcode. Just drop Robert (user name is “poorboy1921”) a note by clicking on his profile at: memberlist.php?mode=email&u=773&sid=59e ... e9a74e58d0 You can also send a back-up request to me click on: https://mtfca.com/phpBB3/memberlist.php ... file&u=324 and then select e-mail or PM (private message).

If you cannot make the meeting for some reason, but you would like to know more about the group – send Robert or me an e-mail and we will keep you informed.

We are looking forward to meeting more folks from SC (or nearby) that are interested in T's.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off
1915 Model T Ford touring made into a pickup.jpg

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic