30 x 3 1/2 Clinchers 'new' on '26 T??

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
A Whiteman
First Name: Adrian
Last Name: Whiteman
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 TT, 1924 Colonial Roadster, 1924 'Bullnose' Morris, 1925 'Bullnose' Morris, 1936 JD AR

30 x 3 1/2 Clinchers 'new' on '26 T??

Post by A Whiteman » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:27 pm

Please follow the link:
app.php/gallery/image/998

Have a read of Wayne's observations and please add your wisdom.

Cheers
Adrian

Steve Jelf
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Jelf
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1923 touring and a few projects
MTFCA Number: 16175
MTFCI Number: 14758
Board Member Since: 2007

Re: 30 x 3 1/2 Clinchers 'new' on '26 T??

Post by Steve Jelf » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:02 pm

Those National Photo Company pictures, shot on big film (or plates?) with a large format camera, are wonderfully detailed.
The inevitable often happens.
1915 Runabout
1923 Touring

Wayne Sheldon
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Sheldon
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Runabout 1913 Speedster
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by Wayne Sheldon » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:44 am

YES! Please do! And look at a couple hundred other great photos and make good comments, interesting observations, historic oddities, etc. The new gallery has the potential to be a great resource, where good photos can be studied, and discussed in an ongoing format, unlike the old forum where "old photos" soon dropped out of sight.
I have commented on dozens of photos there, and I do not want to be the only one doing so. I certainly do not know everything. I want to see corrections, but keep it civil, no nasty name calling or other #### matches with ANYBODY.
The absolute truth may never be known about many model T details. Comparisons of Ford records, dates of changes, old photos, as well as empirical data all need to be considered.
Also, my "THANKS!" to Adrian Whiteman for posting so many wonderful photos there! A few subsections of photos are mostly his postings.

Rich Bingham
First Name: Rich
Last Name: Bingham
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 runabout

Post by Rich Bingham » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:17 am

The galleries are much like real-life galleries or libraries. Fine things to see, practically no one around, quiet as a tomb. Shhhhhh !

I apologize for not spending more time there, and also for not commenting. The format doesn't much encourage conversation and that's too bad. I hope more folks will "visit" the galleries and participate. Thank you Adrian for posting so many wonderful and interesting photos !
"Get a horse !"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic