Lookin for a place to have my 1927 Touring cowl repaired close to Grand Rapids, MI

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
bmklawt
First Name: Bruce
Last Name: Klawiter
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Touring

Lookin for a place to have my 1927 Touring cowl repaired close to Grand Rapids, MI

Post by bmklawt » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:44 pm

I've been on the look out for a cowl for my 1927 Touring for some time and have not been able to find one, just learned the one I bought is for a 1926, for sale in parts.
Car has evidence of front end damage and possibly the stanchions being pushed/folded over towards the rear, I'm a newbie and didn't notice it until after I've had the car for a few months, bought a new stanchion for the right side and it doesn't fit because the sheet metal on the cowl is just a little off. Motor is being rebuilt, looking to repair the front frame damage or find a new frame and would like to get the cowl fixed while I'm at it. It appears to me that in order to fix the damage the skin would need to come off and that is beyond my abilities, so if anyone has a recommendation of anyone who could fix this within a days drive of Grand Rapids that would be great.
Attachments
IMG_3157.jpg
IMG_3156.jpg