Help: I need a printable list of 26-27 serial numbers for DMV

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
NY John T
First Name: John
Last Name: Killelea
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926

Help: I need a printable list of 26-27 serial numbers for DMV

Post by NY John T » Tue May 17, 2022 9:51 am

Hi, I'm going to the NYS DMV to register my barn find and need a printable sheet with serial numbers for 26-27. Like a word document. Any help? Thanks,
John

Scott_Conger
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Conger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13, '15, '19, '23
Board Member Since: 2005

Re: Help: I need a printable list of 26-27 serial numbers for DMV

Post by Scott_Conger » Tue May 17, 2022 9:59 am

Scott Conger

Tyranny under the guise of law is still Tyranny

NH Full Flow Float Valves
Obsolete carburetor parts manufactured

Topic author
NY John T

Post by NY John T » Tue May 17, 2022 10:18 am

Thanks Scott. I think that people in the DMV can't interpret that list. They need a vertical list that they can run down with their finger and say: "Ah Hah! I see your number right there!" I was able to get that type of list by putting it in to a word doc and now I have it.
Thanks again.
John
Wish me luck with the DMV. It's possible that some one there will say: "You have to bring in the car for inspection" which means I need to rent a trailer and tow it to them.
Ugh.

Norman Kling
First Name: Norman
Last Name: Kling

Post by Norman Kling » Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 am

Be sure the engine is from 26/27. Those engine blocks have two threaded holes above the hogs head to bolt on the ears of the improved hogs head. If so, your number should be in the range. If not, it could be from another year.
Norm

JBog
First Name: Jason
Last Name: Bogstie
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1919 Touring
MTFCA Number: 50288
Board Member Since: 2019

Post by JBog » Tue May 17, 2022 10:57 am

Gosh, my DMV spent almost an hour on "Google" trying to figure out MSRP and they also started to search other registered vehicles in the State to find similar vehicles to compare to. I found it amusing, but the ones behind me in line did not. :D

Topic author
NY John T

Post by NY John T » Tue May 17, 2022 11:28 am

Thanks,
the engine is from a 21 or 23; don't remember the serial no. on it. I just want to register the car as a correct serial number 27. Frame was stamped with an October 26 serial, making it a 27.
John
Thanks all.
Love this site!!

John Codman
Last Name: Codman
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Youring

Post by John Codman » Tue May 17, 2022 11:30 am

It's amazing how much of a PITA some states can be. It's especially annoying when all they are doing is making unnecessary work for themselves. Florida taxes by weight - and they did have my 1927 touring car weight in their database. They also sent a police officer to our house to verify the serial numbers of the four cars that we brought from Massachusetts. The registration process was quick and seamless.

George Hand
First Name: George
Last Name: Hand
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 open express, 1920 touring, 1926 tudor-lisenced and insured, 1921tt project 1922 fendered chassis, 192x tt dootle bug 192xengine w/winch projects
MTFCA Number: 28114
MTFCI Number: 21834

Post by George Hand » Tue May 17, 2022 2:04 pm

Wow, I have registered 3 of my T's here in New York state with no problems. A must has to be a Bill of Sale. Our UNCLE owned one car we RECEIVED it years ago, more than ten years. If you have a legible Frame number, I would use that & that only, you may Find a Period Correct block later, so I would stay away from an block number on this one.. Photos of the car will be needed by both DMV & your insurance company. On top of this you will need the Proper NYS DMV Forms, NY-MV51B, follow instructions, "you cannot" register an abandoned vehicle, this is where your UNCLE comes in if needed, vehicle needs to not have been reg. for at least ten years. One of my cars was in an Estate sale, a bill of sale from the estate lawyer was needed with this & this car was out of NY state when I bought it. This form to be filled out by the SELLER. The next form you will need needs to be filled out by both SELLER & BUYER. NY-DMV-51. All states have different requirements, so be concerned with the NEW YORK State requirements, Pray that the car was not reported STOLEN. If you have the required paperwork DMV will issue a NON TRANSFERABLE registration Right then, after DMV's investigation & all is Good then after a couple months expect a TRANSFERABLE registration. Fill out the required paperwork & remember as usual MORE is NOT BETTER.

John kuehn
Last Name: Kuehn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 19 Roadster, 21 Touring, 24 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 28924

Post by John kuehn » Tue May 17, 2022 2:29 pm

Always remember when trying to get a Model T registered DO NOT give a full drawn out story about your Model T. The more you give them the more confusion and time it will take to finally get it registered if you can at all.
Give them the year of the car and the engine number and at least a bill of sale. A title will help immensely if you have one. All the states may a few different things they need but when you know what they require that’s enough!
Hopefully you can get someone behind the desk that has common sense and won’t require you to give more information. Good luck.

Mark Nunn
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Nunn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Runabout
MTFCA Number: 50321
Board Member Since: 2017

Post by Mark Nunn » Tue May 17, 2022 2:34 pm

Copyrighted
Last edited by Mark Nunn on Wed May 18, 2022 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

TRDxB2
First Name: Frank
Last Name: Brandi
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Speedster (1919 w 1926)
Board Member Since: 2018

Post by TRDxB2 » Tue May 17, 2022 3:03 pm

John kuehn wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 2:29 pm
Always remember when trying to get a Model T registered DO NOT give a full drawn out story about your Model T. The more you give them the more confusion and time it will take to finally get it registered if you can at all.
Give them the year of the car and the engine number and at least a bill of sale. A title will help immensely if you have one. All the states may a few different things they need but when you know what they require that’s enough!
Hopefully you can get someone behind the desk that has common sense and won’t require you to give more information. Good luck.
I totally agree with you. I will add that having a picture of the vehicle in one's back pocket would be advisable. For example in this case the DMV as trying to establish a MSRP had the found a completely restored car vs the barn find. But it must have a body and doesn't need to be yours :?
The past is a great place and I don't want to erase it or to regret it, but I don't want to be its prisoner either.
Mick Jagger

dobro1956
First Name: Donnie
Last Name: Brown
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Sport Touring, 1919 Speedster, 1914 Speedster, Wards tractor conversion, non starter 1926 Improved Touring
MTFCA Number: 49575

Post by dobro1956 » Tue May 17, 2022 4:48 pm

You should have seen the girl at our dmv when I registered my 1908 Reliable Dayton. It was serial number 12. She had to call the main office in the state capital to ask if it was even possible to use a two digit Vin #. Her computer would not let her complete the registration forms with only two digets. They had to talk her thru a " manual override of the computer program.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic