MTT Frank Kulick part 2 for anyone interested.

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Rob
First Name: Rob
Last Name: Heyen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Models B, F, K, N, Ford racer and 3 Model T

MTT Frank Kulick part 2 for anyone interested.

Post by Rob » Tue May 24, 2022 9:35 am

If anyone who read part 1 is interested, the link below has part 2. Frank Kulick was one of Henry Fords first five employees with FMC, and the only one hired by HF himself. Kulick was the face of Ford racing, and along with Henry Ford, probably the best known of all Ford employees between 1904 and 1928.

To read part 2, click on the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r1wd4a2missj6 ... 2.pdf?dl=0

4CB421D1-8AF0-426C-A07C-837265013757.jpeg

Part 1:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ywoqq7xqs3pmg ... 1.pdf?dl=0

My thanks to MTT editor Natalie Weaver for helping me organize the layout and text into what I hope is an interesting recap of Frank Kulick’s incredible life with Ford, and my thanks to the Model T Times.

David Greenlees
First Name: David
Last Name: Greenlees
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 Model T racing car, 1924 Model T Depot Hack with original York #803 body.

Re: MTT Frank Kulick part 2 for anyone interested.

Post by David Greenlees » Tue May 24, 2022 10:06 am

Rob, Thanks for posting both articles, and all of the earlier ones.

Topic author
Rob
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Models B, F, K, N, Ford racer and 3 Model T

Post by Rob » Tue May 24, 2022 8:01 pm

David,
Thank you. That means a lot coming from you. Thank you for your many contributions to our hobby.

1915ford
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Cameron
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909touring 1915 touring

Post by 1915ford » Tue May 24, 2022 8:50 pm

I found both installments to be among the finest articles I have seen in the Model T times or VF. Well researched, entertaining and thoughtfully presented. Well done Rob. You have great talent for this. Thanks.

KeithG
First Name: Keith
Last Name: Gumbinger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '14 Touring, '26 RPU, '27 Fordor, '27 Touring
MTFCA Number: 4661
MTFCA Life Member: YES
MTFCI Number: 6866
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by KeithG » Tue May 24, 2022 10:42 pm

Hi Rob, I read both parts twice and found them most interesting and well written. I was surprised to learn that Kulick left Ford in 1928 and drove Chryslers after that.

Yes, this would certainly make an interesting movie, especially for us "Fordaholics"!

Thanks for all the time and effort you put in to make this most interesting 2 part article.

Keith
'14 Touring, '26 Roadster Pickup, '27 Fordor, '27 Touring
Motto: It's hard to build a garage that's tooooo big! :D

David Greenlees
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 Model T racing car, 1924 Model T Depot Hack with original York #803 body.

Post by David Greenlees » Wed May 25, 2022 8:26 am

Rob wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:01 pm
David,
Thank you. That means a lot coming from you. Thank you for your many contributions to our hobby.
You're welcome Rob, the pre-Model T coverage of the K and other models and the T racing cars you've done is very interesting. I recently purchased a genuine Ford factory T racing car seat that was sold at one of The Henry Ford Museum parts sales in the past and enjoyed reading your coverage of the racing cars. I will do a post on the seat soon, it has survived in good condition and this photo in the sun doesn't do it justice.
1-0.jpg
1-0.jpg (116.25 KiB) Viewed 1371 times

Topic author
Rob

Post by Rob » Wed May 25, 2022 3:32 pm

David,
I sent an email. There is another seat that sold on a deaccession sale on another site. Looking forward to your article on the seat.
Rob

David Greenlees

Post by David Greenlees » Wed May 25, 2022 5:23 pm

Rob wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 3:32 pm
David,
I sent an email. There is another seat that sold on a deaccession sale on another site. Looking forward to your article on the seat.
Rob
Rob its the same seat, a parts dealer bought it at the sale and a friend of mine whose Hershey space is next to his purchased it from him as soon as it came out of the his van before he set it on the ground.

As to the Model K and Stanley race the Historical Society doesn't have a photo of the car. I assume you found the same "Vermont Phoenix" August 11, 1907, article covering the race posted below? I will post more on it soon as well.
bratt8.jpeg

Topic author
Rob

Post by Rob » Thu May 26, 2022 8:55 pm

David,
Looking forward to your articles. John Manley also raced his Model K at the state fair that year, winning a twenty mile contest with a crowd estimated over 40,000. Uhlery, the Stanley owner the Ford beat, bought a Model K shortly after the race, advertising his Stanley Steamer for sale.

There were several Model K in VT in the 1906-1910 period, and one town, Barre VT, had a "Ford Six Cylinder" Street, as of 1913 (as well as a Packard, Velie and other automobile street names). Today the street is simply listed as "Ford Street."
Thank you for your writing and articles,
Rob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic