Thanks Tim Morsher

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
GG Gregory
First Name: GG
Last Name: Gregory
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 27 Roadster

Thanks Tim Morsher

Post by GG Gregory » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:09 pm

I just gotta give a public praise to Tim for his help with sharing a out of stock item to me. I have also bought a few of his T accessories he makes and always comes through 100% ! Thanks Tim for your help !

henryford2
First Name: Joseph
Last Name: Andulics
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Fordor, 1926 Truck, 1927 Roadster GOW, RAJO Sprint car
MTFCA Number: 9766

Re: Thanks Tim Morsher

Post by henryford2 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:30 pm

Unfortunately Tim will no be able to post his gratefulness for the "on the spot" compliments or continue to sell his line of nicely made accessories on this forum since it's my understanding he's been banned from posting in the future on the MTFCA forum? Mind your Ps & Qs when you post.

Topic author
GG Gregory

Post by GG Gregory » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:40 pm

Wow, really? Not sure what happened, hope it wasn’t because of a few cry babies! Anyway, I stand with my comment about Tim 100%

dobro1956
First Name: Donnie
Last Name: Brown
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Sport Touring, 1919 Speedster, 1914 Speedster, Wards tractor conversion, non starter 1926 Improved Touring
MTFCA Number: 49575

Post by dobro1956 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:57 pm

I will also vouch for Tim. He has always went above and beyond on everything I have done with him. If the forum censors got him, it's the forums loss, not Tim's loss.

Ed Fuller
First Name: Ed
Last Name: Fuller
MTFCA Number: 29582
MTFCI Number: 22818
Board Member Since: 2012

Post by Ed Fuller » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:10 pm

Add me to the list of people who will miss Tim’s presence on the forum.

I have always enjoyed his posts, knowledge, and period accessories. Just like Donnie, Tim always has gone above and beyond on everything I’ve bought and sold with him.

Jeff5015
First Name: Jeff
Last Name: Schroeder
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1916 Touring
MTFCA Number: 50300
MTFCI Number: 87
Board Member Since: 2019

Post by Jeff5015 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:21 pm

henryford2 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:30 pm
...he's been banned from posting in the future on the MTFCA forum...
If this is true, it's probably a good thing since we don't want the Securities and Exchange Commission to shut down the whole forum!
Having Tim on here is such a risk!!

Seriously mods, please weigh Tim' contribution against the possibility that he will make a fortune off us poor old country mice!

Jeff
1916 Touring

Moxie26
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Jablonski
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Runabout
MTFCA Number: 407
MTFCA Life Member: YES
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by Moxie26 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:31 pm

Wow!! This news really floors me.. there are three on this forum , in my opinion, are too demanding, sarcastic, and critical that should be banned ....but... I will not name names. Tim Morsher always gave good advice and added his help for people to solve their problems. I hope in a short time he will return after this decision has been reviewed and overturned.

Moxie26

Post by Moxie26 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:32 pm

Just curious, what date was this decision made?

kmatt2
First Name: Kevin
Last Name: Matthiesen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 26 T Coupe, 16 T Open Express, 21 TT Flatbed. 15 T Roadster, 13 & 25 T Speedster , 51 Mercury 4 door sport sedan, 67 Mercury Cougar
MTFCA Number: 11598

Post by kmatt2 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:08 pm

Over the years I have bought many T parts from Tim and have never been disappointed in his parts. Over the phone or by email Tim has always been friendly and helpful. I have been a MTFCA member going back to the 1970’s and have toured with club founders. I will be finding out if it is true about Tim being banded and why. This club has been changing fast over the last few years. Maybe it is time for me to get rid of my Model T”s and go back to Model A’s and early Chevy’s.

ThreePedalTapDancer
First Name: Ed
Last Name: Martin
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1914 Touring, 1909 Touring

Post by ThreePedalTapDancer » Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:13 pm

We should ban those with water pumps. We should ban those with distributors. We should ban those with Kevlar. We should ban those with non ford paint colors. We should ban those that use ECCts. We should ban those that have wrong year engines. We should ban those that disagree with others. We should ban those that agree with others. We should ban those that are overweight. We should ban those that have big feet. We should ban those that eat ice cream. We should ban those……

A81809AA-E051-40A1-B874-5E4AD3687621.jpeg
Last edited by ThreePedalTapDancer on Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JTT3
First Name: John
Last Name: Tannehill
MTFCA Number: 49460

Post by JTT3 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:54 pm

…….. ……………… ….
Last edited by JTT3 on Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cwlittle
First Name: Charles
Last Name: Little
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 Touring, 1924 Del. Truck, 1924 Touring
MTFCA Number: 24280
MTFCI Number: 17733

Post by cwlittle » Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:59 pm

MAYBE THE WOKES SHOULD GO BACK TO SLEEP!
Charlie Little, South Paris, Maine

John Heaman
Last Name: Heaman
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Canadian 1912 Ford Model T Touring

Post by John Heaman » Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:07 pm

ThreePedalTapDancer wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:13 pm
We should ban those with water pumps. We should ban those with distributors. We should ban those with Kevlar. We should ban those with non ford paint colors. We should ban those that use ECCts. We should ban those that have wrong year engines. We should ban those that disagree with others. We should ban those that agree with others. We should ban those that are overweight. We should ban those that have big feet. We should ban those that eat ice cream. We should ban those……
Don't forget step plates!
I’m reading a book about anti-gravity. I just can’t put it down. :lol:

Art M
First Name: Art
Last Name: Mirtes
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1923 Touring
MTFCA Number: 32489
MTFCI Number: 24068
Board Member Since: 2016

Post by Art M » Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:31 pm

Tim has always treated me well. I have known Tim for 5 years and visited him at his house various times.

ArtMirtes

Tim Rogers
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Rogers
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 Coupe & 1923 Runabout
Board Member Since: 2013

Post by Tim Rogers » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:40 pm

Although I enjoy the forum one should always keep in mind that this is a private cub and it's ruled by the elite. The "rules" don't apply to everyone...

king.jpg
king.jpg (13.13 KiB) Viewed 6825 times
<o><o><o><o> Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks - Forum member since 2013 <o><o><o><o>

ChrisB
First Name: Chris
Last Name: Brancaccio
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 Roadster 1915 Coupelet 1923 Coupe 1926 Touring
MTFCA Number: 443
MTFCI Number: 23136
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by ChrisB » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:48 pm

Not sure who the elite are, I'm just doing my bit to support the hobby, since 2010.

I was a board decision at the last meeting, Tim needs to talk to George Akin our president.

Chris
Chris Brancaccio
MTFCA Webmaster
MTFCA Forum Admin

sweet23
First Name: Darryl
Last Name: Bobzin
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 2, '25 T Runabouts, '14 Touring
MTFCA Number: 27211
Board Member Since: 2016

Post by sweet23 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:06 pm

I remember when men were men, and could talk to one another, bust each others chops, sometimes make each other mad, all without losing respect or friendship. I guess this is just how it is now in the 21st century. Everybody got their tiny little feelings hanging out waiting for some one to stomp all over them. My god, will we ever go back to just being grown ups ?

TWrenn
Last Name: Wrenn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13 Touring, '26 "Overlap" Fordor
MTFCA Number: 30701
MTFCI Number: 24033
Board Member Since: 2019

Post by TWrenn » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:56 pm

Rather than copy all the responses to agree, I just will say I agree with all. Especially John Tannenhill's post and my club friend Art. I've been to Tim's many times, he's helped me diligently, and often and we even had a picnic tour stop there last year. Don't know what's going on, this is a shock. Maybe I'm next since I continually tout using alternators rather than a generator? :lol:
The world is nuts my friends.
Attachments
Lending his backyard for our picnic tour. That's Tim on far right.
Lending his backyard for our picnic tour. That's Tim on far right.
Just your average Joe good guy!
Just your average Joe good guy!

Henry K. Lee
First Name: Henry
Last Name: Lee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Many
MTFCA Number: 479

Post by Henry K. Lee » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:59 pm

Known Tim for years, straight up guy.

I personally, getting out of the Model T's for many reasons. Number one reason is thin skinned, long toed, feelings on their cuff type people. Meet Great folks here and some..., let's just say I have blocked their contact.

All the Best,

Hank

Mike Lebsack-Iowa
First Name: Mike
Last Name: Lebsack
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 11Torpedo, 11 Roadster, 13 Touring, 14 Roadster, 14 Touring
Board Member Since: 2008

Post by Mike Lebsack-Iowa » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:25 pm

I’ve had many dealings with Tim. Never, ever an issue. I suspect ulterior motives. STYGGO!! “Some things ya gotta get over”.

Oldav8tor
Last Name: Juhl
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1917 Touring
MTFCA Number: 50297
MTFCI Number: 24810
Board Member Since: 2018

Post by Oldav8tor » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:34 pm

You gotta be kidding me! Tim is one of the good guys. He's been nothing but kind and generous to me.
1917 Touring
1946 Aeronca Champ
1952 Willys M38a1 Jeep (sold 2023)
1953 Ford Jubilee Tractor

KimDobbins
First Name: Kim
Last Name: Dobbins
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 touring, 1910 touring, 1913 touring, 1916 couplet, 1924 truck.
MTFCA Number: 8243

Post by KimDobbins » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:39 pm

Let's tar and feather chris and the board! Maybe there are 2 sides to the story.

Mark Nunn
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Nunn
MTFCA Number: 50321
Board Member Since: 2017

Post by Mark Nunn » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:15 pm

KimDobbins wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:39 pm
Let's tar and feather chris and the board! Maybe there are 2 sides to the story.
Yes, there is more than one side to every story. I don't know why Tim was banned this time. But, it was long overdue.. I've read too many posts from Tim where he insulted forum members. If he brroke the rules, he needed to suffer the consequences.

Wayne Sheldon
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Sheldon
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Runabout 1913 Speedster

Post by Wayne Sheldon » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:43 pm

This isn't just here guys! (Warning! Political comment ahead!) It is the new way of the world.
This stuff has been getting worse here for some time, and I really do want to stay out of 'most' of it. A couple years ago, I backed off this forum myself due to the backbiting. I haven't been as active here for quite some time now because of it. And I know of a number of other people have done the same. Driving good people away reduces the good conversations and sharing of knowledge!
Generally, I tend to side with the moderators on most of these issues. Why? Because I have been in their shoes. WE, nearly all of us, tend to be a bunch of crazies, all with silly notions of the way we WANT it to be run! And it is NOT possible to please even half of us on almost anything!

I tend to be an "opinionated SOB", and very outspoken. Want to know what I think on almost any subject? Ask me in person and be ready to listen!

Other forums are also having a lot of trouble with this stuff. The AACA has been trying a zero tolerance of "political" comments. The past year or so I have noticed quite a few threads and postings that I see, disappear soon after. And often, I didn't see anything that wrong with them myself.

A couple months ago, I got temporarily banned from posting there. Why? Another good contributing poster was lamenting the proliferation of fraudulent "for sale" listings and "wanted" responses all across the internet. I agreed with him and added a few similar comments. His and my comments were all due to a totally fraudulent listing of a special collector car "for sale". The "collective" knowledge traced the photos and some of the description to a legitimate advertisement a couple years earlier. That in turn resulted in some discussion about the widespread fraud and how to avoid it.
Although I sometimes did push the limits, I had never before been warned over there. And his and my comments were nothing close to the limits I had pushed in previous years. I was back on there in a short while. He closed his account completely. He was very well respected by many of their best known regulars. His leaving is a loss for their forum as a whole.

Unfortunately, reality is what it is. While some discussions may be offensive to some people? Sometimes they are in fact important to other people, and even the hobby as a whole.

The moderator's job is not an easy one.

TRDxB2
First Name: Frank
Last Name: Brandi
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Speedster (1919 w 1926)

Post by TRDxB2 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:45 pm

We can speculate on this issue but we should never know what it is about in order to respect the privacy of both Tom and the Forum.. In case you haven't read the Forum rules lately I've posted them as a refresher. The link to them is in the faded red portion under ever discussion. In posting these Rules I am not suggesting that Tom violated any of the points outlined. As I tried to point out, its not for us to judge or rationalize.
Attachments
FR1.png
FR2.png
FR3.png
The past is a great place and I don't want to erase it or to regret it, but I don't want to be its prisoner either.
Mick Jagger

Bruce Compton
First Name: Bruce
Last Name: Compton
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1921 Coupe, 1925 Coupe

Post by Bruce Compton » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:23 pm

I personally have had several dealings with Tim and never had a problem. Yes, he has opinions like we all have. and is probably like 95% of the guys here on this site that are at an age where they have decided to put less emphasis on "political correctness" and just say what they think. Again, personally I'd rather hear what a guy really thinks than have him tell me what he thinks I want to hear. There is also a recent trend towards easily hurt feelings or feeling offended by the simplest things and I really don't know the reason other that maybe the long Covid lockdown or the political unrest here in Canada as well as in the USA and many other parts of the world. Whether you're a Tim fan or not, we all need to take a deep breath, appreciate and remember that this MFTCA site is truly amazing, filled with ultra knowledgeable people that are basically car guys, not politicians, not politically correct all the time, not professional authors, not grammar students, just hobbyists anxious to share their knowledge to help others.

Wayne Sheldon
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Sheldon
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Runabout 1913 Speedster

Post by Wayne Sheldon » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:52 am

One more short comment from me.
It truly is sad, that a heartfelt "Thank You" due to simply unfortunate timing should turn into a discussion such as this.
GG simply wanted to say "Thank You" in a nice and public way to a well known and well liked longtime model T person. Not knowing what had happened in the background.
Thank you GG for your thoughtfulness! I am saddened by how it turned out.

Duey_C
First Name: Duane
Last Name: Cooley
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 18 Runabout, 24 Runabout for 20yrs, 25 TT, late Center Door project, open express pickup
MTFCA Number: 32488
Board Member Since: 2015

Post by Duey_C » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:39 am

In sticky situations like this, please watch your spelling very closely. One false move, if let be can say something entirely different.
I, It or I'm especially.
I almost typed "left" above. Whew! Good thing I didn't.
I'm "right" handed. ;) See how nuanced things can be? Heck, I could get banned for that.
I hope Tim talks to the prez and sorts this.
Since I lost my mind mind, I feel more liberated

Jeepbone1
First Name: Brad
Last Name: Kirtner
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924 Touring Car, 1927 Closed Cab TT, 1927 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 50618

Post by Jeepbone1 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:50 am

As brother Hank said earlier, Tim is a straight forward guy. I’ve done “business” with him for years at this point. I’m have a few of his keyboards on my wall and one his gasket boards in the works. He has never failed to impress me and supported me in my indevours. He’s also supported my “habit” in numerous ways. I surely consider him to be one of the T hobby treasures.

Brad

DHort
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Hjortnaes
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 24 Speedster, 20 touring
MTFCA Number: 28762
MTFCI Number: 22402

Post by DHort » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:21 am

I have to admit I have only seen Tim post messages on this board that are appropriate for this message board. He prints facts as he knows them and
he appears to know what he is talking about. If you do not like what is being written, then ignore the post. Sometimes the written words are not coming across or are misunderstood. Let some things you read roll off your shoulders.
Last edited by DHort on Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Henry K. Lee
First Name: Henry
Last Name: Lee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Many
MTFCA Number: 479

Post by Henry K. Lee » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:10 am

My new outlook in life! If you don't get it..., Simple, get out of my swamp if you do not like it, don't change it or me, accept me the way I am or I will scare the hell out of you!

IMG_0091.jpeg

IMG_2098.jpeg

Humbled Hank.., Shrek want-a-be

Topic author
GG Gregory

Post by GG Gregory » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:29 am

[quote
Thank you GG for your thoughtfulness! I am saddened by how it turned out.
[/quote]

Thanks Wayne. I have spoken with Tim via Email thanking him for helping me and about my comments here. Out of respect for Tim I won’t discuss what he told me about this whole sad mess. Hopefully it all gets straightened out very soon. I’m sort of a newbie compared to guys like you, Wayne and Tim, I’m 58 but was (schooled) by 2 WWII vets about the Model T. Those guys were plain spoken, you knew where you stood with them, and I’ve been accused of being that way. As I said, hopefully Tim and the powers that be get together and work it out.

Steve Jelf
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Jelf
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1923 touring and a few projects
MTFCA Number: 16175
MTFCI Number: 14758
Board Member Since: 2007

Post by Steve Jelf » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:54 am

Whatever it was, I missed it. I've never seen anything from Tim that I considered out of line, but I'm somewhat acquainted with some of the people involved and I don't assume that they're an out-of-touch elite.

For those who think the forum has somehow declined recently, I suspect selective memory. I came to the forum later than some (2007), but in my fifteen years here I would say the frequency and intensity of unseemly behavior has declined considerably. In those thrilling days of yesteryear forum exchanges sometimes degenerated into very unpleasant urination festivals. Sometimes the fights were T-related, and sometimes they were political, but usually featured personal insults and accusations. I recall one super-patriot who caused the late John Berch, and probably others, to leave the forum. In his last post he implied that he was ready to shoot someone. He didn't post after that, and I assume he was disinvited. Remember the middle school boy who was driven away by folks who claimed he was a middle-aged troll out to make fools of them? They could have done a simple online search to confirm that he was really a 13-year-old kid, but some people would rather wallow in their assumptions than look for reality. That kid has since graduated from college and never expresses any interest in old cars. Everybody who has been here for more than a few years would know the name of one former regular who is very knowledgeable about Model T's but has opinions set in stone and was unwilling to play nice. Whether the guilty parties have died, reformed, moved on to other interests, or got the bum's rush, I find the forum's general tenor much better now than it was when I arrived.
The inevitable often happens.
1915 Runabout
1923 Touring

Rich Eagle
First Name: Richard
Last Name: Eagle
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 TR 1914 TR 1915 Rd 1920 Spdstr 1922 Coupe 1925 Tudor
MTFCA Number: 1219

Post by Rich Eagle » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:44 pm

This forum is what we make of it. I believe I know the moderators well enough to support what they see needed. I can think of gentlemen who were temporarily suspended or quit voluntarily who have come back and contribute some of the most delightful additions. Past conflicts from days gone by were both toxic and amusing and had no place on a friendly forum. Cabin fever, personal distress and misinterpretations sometimes get the best of us.
Too often I have seen interested enthusiasts walk away from the hobby for one poor comment or incident. I have been there myself.
Call me crazy but I like to think Kalamity Dick and some of the off-topic posts have been a place to relieve some of the anxt or unwelcome humor that might creep into more serious and appropriate conversations.
I even miss some of the grumpy unpleasant guys now that they are gone. Go figure.
As for Tim, I enjoyed everything I can remember from him but haven't seen the one in question.
It's a crazy world, let's make the best of it.
Rich
When did I do that?

Jeff Perkins
First Name: Jeff
Last Name: Perkins
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 Runabout 1926 Touring
MTFCA Number: 10642
MTFCI Number: 17799

Post by Jeff Perkins » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:57 pm

Moxie26 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:31 pm
Wow!! This news really floors me.. there are three on this forum , in my opinion, are too demanding, sarcastic, and critical that should be banned ....but... I will not name names. Tim Morsher always gave good advice and added his help for people to solve their problems. I hope in a short time he will return after this decision has been reviewed and overturned.
Amen……..
1913 Model T Runabout,
1926 Model T Touring,
1948 Chrysler New Yorker,
1991 Mazda Miata

Jay In Northern Ca.
First Name: Jay
Last Name: Buscio
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 speedster 1915 roadster pickup 1915 touring, 1927 speedster
MTFCA Number: 49997

Post by Jay In Northern Ca. » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:30 pm

Tim is a great guy and has done more for the Model T hobby then most. I find it hard to believe he pissed the powers that be off enough to be cast out of the group. I have always marveled at all the killer accessories Tim has reproduced and made available to the Model T community.

Tim Rogers
Last Name: Rogers
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 Coupe & 1923 Runabout
Board Member Since: 2013

Post by Tim Rogers » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:30 am

"but some people would rather wallow in their assumptions than look for reality"

Powerful and true statement right there Mr. Jelf...
<o><o><o><o> Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks - Forum member since 2013 <o><o><o><o>

SoNorCal
First Name: Jim
Last Name: Lukash
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 Touring
MTFCA Number: 390
MTFCI Number: 207
Board Member Since: 2009

Post by SoNorCal » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:29 pm

This thread is one reason I rarely post anything.

I have to say Tim was always a straight shooter, and I’ve got several of his accessories in my garage.
He was always square with me, and even went out of his way to be kind to me. Sure he asked questions and expressed opinions , but he seemed tame compared to many and quite polite.

At the same Time I understand the forum moderators and club officers need to maintain order.

So to paraphrase Humphrey Bogart in “Casablanca”, I understand the position of the fox, and understand the hound’s point of view as well.

What is lacking is transparency in the process. A little sunlight in the process would likely help all involved. Actually informing the forum when someone is banned and why might be a start. Now the process is opaque - one day a person exists, the next they are gone or “ disappeared” with those left behind forced to guess why? Illness? Death? Daring to speak truth to power? Personally I like to think it’s Alien abduction and they are now on a planet fixing Ts for aliens, it’s the romantic in me.

But even expressing an opinion in this thread makes me fear being banned, unable to purchase parts or vehicles on the forum. I prefer not to hear a knock on the door of my account in the night, and having folks stand in judgment in a closed process and sent off to banishment. So I remain a lurker here, reading but not posting much.

Like any environment, the creatures adapt to survive. But silence may not be what makes a forum good. Just food for thought.

Running silent, running deep

Allan
First Name: Allan
Last Name: Bennett
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 van, 1917 shooting brake, 1929 roadster buckboard, 1924 tourer, 1925 barn find buckboard, 1925 D &F wide body roadster, 1927LHD Tudor sedan.

Post by Allan » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:49 am

I have typed a response to this thread twice, and deleted both, as I could find no reason for a response based on speculation. However, I do agree that reasons for the ban should be given, provided the banned person agrees, so we all know what is behind the decision.
Like others, I could find no offense in Tim's posts. He was a bit forward in promoting some of his products though, and I understand there are rules against promotion of one's commercial activities. Perhaps this is the reason. Who knows?

Allan from down under.

Mark Nunn
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Nunn
MTFCA Number: 50321
Board Member Since: 2017

Post by Mark Nunn » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:28 am

Allan wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:49 am
...I could find no offense in Tim's posts.
Forum admins have been deleting Tim's personal attacks on forum members for at least two years that I am aware of. That may be why you have not read them. I read the forum with my morning coffee on most days so I usually read comments before they or the entire thread is removed. I have seen them disappear from this forum.

Moxie26

Post by Moxie26 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:29 am

Mark Nunn wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:28 am
Allan wrote:
Forum admins have been deleting Tim's personal attacks on forum members for at least two years that I am aware of. That may be why you have not read them. I read the forum with my morning coffee on most days so I usually read comments before they or the entire thread is removed. I have seen them disappear from this forum.

Moxie26

Post by Moxie26 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:39 am

Mark Nunn wrote:
Allan wrote:
. I have no proof or knowledge of Forum Admins deleting his posts in the past, on the other hand I could suggest to the Admin three poster names that they could look into who gave "do it my way or else" snotty attitude answers in my opinion.

TXGOAT2
First Name: Pat
Last Name: McNallen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926-7 roadster
MTFCA Number: 51486
Board Member Since: 2021

Post by TXGOAT2 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:00 am

Is it possible they've already "looked into them"?

BRENT in 10-uh-C
First Name: Brent
Last Name: Terry
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 Tourabout, 1914 Runabout, 1915 Touring, 1916 Speedster, 1925 Speedster, 1926 Hack
MTFCA Number: 32295

Post by BRENT in 10-uh-C » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:13 am

Mark Nunn wrote:
Allan wrote:
Yes, I understood this to be the case also. From my perspective after first talking with the 'powers' that made this decision, it is my opinion the current Board appeared to handle this very diplomatically and fairly, and reached out to Tim several times to understand his position. I applaud them in the "gentlemanly approach" they used to ultimately come to this decision. Also, these issues appear to have gone way outside of just this forum, and many chances for reconciliation were given as options for the offenses. As I understand it, unfortunately Tim was unwilling to work towards an amicable resolution with this club's leadership, and based on what I heard from MTFCA BoD members, I feel their requests were quite reasonable. Again, it is sad for Tim, and also the volunteer leadership of this club that had to agonize over this that both sides could not come to a win-win solution.

Dilrod
First Name: Rod
Last Name: Coleman
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 52133

Post by Dilrod » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:32 pm

I always remind myself this is the internet, and close it like a book when I've had enough.

TXGOAT2
First Name: Pat
Last Name: McNallen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926-7 roadster
MTFCA Number: 51486
Board Member Since: 2021

Post by TXGOAT2 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:20 pm

Yep, da innernets... with the push of a button, I can instantly delete EVERYBODY! Heck, I can make a full color, full-screen image of the whole darned planet disappear. But where's the fun in that?

henryford2
First Name: Joseph
Last Name: Andulics
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Fordor, 1926 Truck, 1927 Roadster GOW, RAJO Sprint car
MTFCA Number: 9766

Post by henryford2 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:01 pm

Here is Tim's side of the story. I've known Tim since he was in high school, later our daughters grew up riding in the backs of Model T's, he and I were the original "pickers" before television and are still friends to this day. Personally I believe the Club/Forum and members are the ones getting the proverbial "short end of the stick", he has made countless contributions to the the hobby with the accessories he has reproduced his "pay me later" attitude and knowledge of early Fords.

I received several emails in the last couple days with old friends wanting to know what horrible things I’ve done. They referred me to the forum which I was banned from on July 4.
I’m not interested in drama, but I’m even less interested in my reputation being sullied about, which now appears to be taking place.
When any disagreement takes place, honesty and truth are sure to win out, and sunlight is the best disinfectant.
Here are the facts. After 6 days of reading the thread about lack of pictures forthcoming from the homecoming event , I too, asked about the pictures and made a comment about a huge club like this could do a better job of advertising these events. I believe I followed Bob Joblonski’s s 2nd request. It was nothing my dear ol’ mudder couldn’t have read.
When I recd this note from Chris, the moderator, I was given the notice shown below. That is all. The next day I sent a letter to each board member, asking them to reconsider. I only ever heard back from one board member, Keith , who told me he kind of remembered the rest talking about me, but wasn’t involved. I’d just have to assume I ruffled someone’s feathers over my homecoming comments. I never heard a word from anyone else, other than many, many friends writing to me after my banishment. THANKS ALL FOR THOSE KIND WORDS, I’ll REMEMBER THEM FOREVER! Perhaps the board would do the right thing and post the minutes of that meeting. Let everyone see what it is all about.
I’m over it, I’ve been over it a long time now. I do want it known to all that I’ve never been banned, warned , shouted at, put in time out EVER BEFORE in my many years on the forum. I’m guessing over 15 years. I’ve never been that active of poster, but I’ve likely hurt some feelings, stepped on some toes, went head to head with someone, but all politely as I’m capable of being. I’ve probably also had my feelings hurt, been semi-insulted, butted heads, disagreed, but that is normal life. I started my day, ended my day, and spent any break time during the day keeping up with friends and trying to learn new T tricks. I certainly miss it, but oh well!
The one current poster that has a gripe with me, I do not know. As far as I’m aware our paths have never crossed or connected electronically. I’d love to have a chance to make amends. As for the fellow in Tennessee so connected that he knows what it’s all about, I believe he has no clue. If he is hearing from someone actually connected, he is being filled with fantasy, and not the truth. If board members are discussing this with other people and not me, shame on them.
Again, It’s very simple. I was permanently banned for asking about the lack of pics from the homecoming event. End of story. Best to all, Tim Morsher Norwalk, Ohio
tim.png

Michael Peternell
First Name: Michael
Last Name: Peternell
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: TT gas truck, T tractor conversions, '15 touring, '17 speedster, '26 16 valve speedster

Post by Michael Peternell » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:40 pm

I had the exact same conversation with Tim the other night. I'm a newbie to this model t thing and have appreciated everything Tim has done for the hobby! He's gone above and beyond supporting the collecting and restoration of model T's. I told him not to feel bad as I held him in the regard as I did the late Stan Howe. Another gentleman I met on this site and and was more than willing to help in any way he could.
He ruffled the same bunch of feathers and passed away not wanting to have anything to do with the MTFCA site. Add Hank to the mix and I'm sure there are more, makes me wonder where this great resource is heading. Although I don't personally know any of the powers that be, it makes me wonder. I've saw this kind of thing go on in different tractor collector clubs. People found themselves in charge that actually had very little to bring to the table... other than being in charge. Telling people that brought everything to the table how things are. Those clubs are no longer in existence. My two cents!
Mike Peternell

JTT3
Last Name: Tannehill
MTFCA Number: 49460

Post by JTT3 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:03 pm

…….. ……… ……….
Last edited by JTT3 on Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kmatt2
First Name: Kevin
Last Name: Matthiesen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 26 T Coupe, 16 T Open Express, 21 TT Flatbed. 15 T Roadster, 13 & 25 T Speedster , 51 Mercury 4 door sport sedan, 67 Mercury Cougar
MTFCA Number: 11598

Post by kmatt2 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:34 pm

Yes John it does seem a lot like George Orwell’s 1984 these days, both with the USA and with the MTFCA . Just remember that Orwell wrote 1984 just after WW2 when people were getting black listed, or canceled in today’s speek, and many of those people did nothing wrong to deserve being canceled !

Steve Jelf

Post by Steve Jelf » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:18 am

Your comments have been removed.

So I guess those of us who didn't see the original post will never know.
1915 Runabout
1923 Touring

BRENT in 10-uh-C
First Name: Brent
Last Name: Terry
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 Tourabout, 1914 Runabout, 1915 Touring, 1916 Speedster, 1925 Speedster, 1926 Hack
MTFCA Number: 32295

Post by BRENT in 10-uh-C » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:28 am

Michael Peternell wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:40 pm
I had the exact same conversation with Tim the other night. I'm a newbie to this model t thing and have appreciated everything Tim has done for the hobby! He's gone above and beyond supporting the collecting and restoration of model T's. I told him not to feel bad as I held him in the regard as I did the late Stan Howe. Another gentleman I met on this site and and was more than willing to help in any way he could.
He ruffled the same bunch of feathers and passed away not wanting to have anything to do with the MTFCA site. Add Hank to the mix and I'm sure there are more, makes me wonder where this great resource is heading. Although I don't personally know any of the powers that be, it makes me wonder. I've saw this kind of thing go on in different tractor collector clubs. People found themselves in charge that actually had very little to bring to the table... other than being in charge. Telling people that brought everything to the table how things are. Those clubs are no longer in existence. My two cents!
Mike Peternell

Mike, I feel this is sad that you would voice such an opinion on an open forum. From my vantage point, it really does nothing to support the very club that is providing you the platform you use for talking about Model-Ts ...and for criticizing and 'trash talking' the leadership on.

I have personally known 3 of the 4 club officers for years now, ...and have personally toured with them on many week long events where someone can get to know who they really are simply by observing their actions and how they conduct themselves. Additionally, I personally know several of the club's Directors and have first-hand knowledge of their characters too. These people who are servants (volunteers) to the MTFCA membership are NOTHING like you are suggesting. I KNOW this because I have seen first-hand how they conducted themselves before they were serving in an official capacity, ....and how they are conducting themselves now they are elected officials. The persons who are serving in the top-three offices were considered leaders in their work careers because they were givers and do-ers, ...and not criticizers or on ego powertrips. If you don't believe me, then please consider getting to know them personally before you judge them, and maybe ask people that have spent years working beside them if their opinion of them aligns with your stated opinion of them.

Rob
First Name: Rob
Last Name: Heyen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Models B, F, K, N, Ford racer and 3 Model T

Post by Rob » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:53 pm

I shouldn’t bring this to the top again, and let it die a natural death, but I support our directors, and feel the need to stand up and say (type) so. We elect our directors to maintain our organization including this forum. I know, and have known several of them. They are reasonable people dedicated to our club and hobby, who donate their personal time and resources, and I appreciate their efforts.

While many have had nothing but good interactions with Tim (and that’s good), some have not, myself included. It’s too bad we can’t all hold ourselves accountable, and treat each other with respect, but that’s why we have leadership, to uphold rules and maintain decorum on this forum. Like drivers licenses, participation here isn’t a right, but a privilege.

It’s good to express concerns and state opinions, as many on this thread have. However, as with everything in life, there is often more involved than meets the eye. This won’t change anyones mind, but I felt the need to post. It’s my opinion. I’ll respect yours if you respect mine.
Rob Heyen

Steve Jelf

Post by Steve Jelf » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:51 pm

Tim has criticized/disagreed with me a couple of times. In one case he was wrong. In another case he may have been absolutely right. In either case, he said nothing that I would consider offensive or out of line.

I agree with Brent and Rob. In my limited experience with directors and officers my impression has been that they are sincere in wanting to do well for the club and the hobby, and I admire their willingness to donate their time and their work. Still, I wouldn't mind knowing the particulars that led to the outcome in this case.
1915 Runabout
1923 Touring

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic