Fun ride, flat tire, & a shout-out!

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
TWrenn
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Wrenn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13 Touring, '26 "Overlap" Fordor
MTFCA Number: 30701
MTFCI Number: 24033
Board Member Since: 2019

Fun ride, flat tire, & a shout-out!

Post by TWrenn » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:45 pm

Took an old friend for a ride in Isabel my '11 Torpedo. Great run. On the way home noticed she was handling "squirrely". Wasn't the wind as there was none (yet anyway). Flat tire, right front. Oh goody! Pull in to a car wash that I happen to frequent with my moderns. As luck would have it, the owner, Nate Crnjak, who also owns North Coast Roofing in Sandusky OH, on the same site, just happened by and offered his AIR CONDITIONED shop to help! Good thing cause doe-doe head here forgot to out a jack in the tool box! On the way home I was chased by a squall line, I was able to outrun it.
Took a pic as there was a definitive funnel dropping down, started to disappear by the time I got stopped and the camera ready.
Otherwise, like my friend said, it was an adventure! We had fun. That's all that matters, and thanks again to Nate. True gentleman.
Attachments
Ready to pull the wheel
Ready to pull the wheel
Back on all 4's...view of his shop
Back on all 4's...view of his shop
Squall line chasing me..funnel center between strap and window frame. Hard to see
Squall line chasing me..funnel center between strap and window frame. Hard to see

Rich P. Bingham
First Name: Rich
Last Name: Bingham
Board Member Since: 2015

Re: Fun ride, flat tire, & a shout-out!

Post by Rich P. Bingham » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:31 pm

Tim, you have the best luck having bad luck of anyone I know !!
Glad you had fun. Never a dull moment with model Ts ! :lol:
Get a horse !

Aussie16
First Name: Warwick
Last Name: Landy
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1916 LHD USA Touring 1916 RHD Canadian Touring 1916 Pickup

Post by Aussie16 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:26 pm

At least you only have a few nuts to remove to change over to your spare and can fix the puncture in the comfort of your shop at home. Those Maclarens look lovely on the Torpedo.

Topic author
TWrenn
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Wrenn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13 Touring, '26 "Overlap" Fordor
MTFCA Number: 30701
MTFCI Number: 24033
Board Member Since: 2019

Post by TWrenn » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:14 am

Thanks Rich! You're right. For once I got lucky!
Hey Warwick! How ya doing? How's that FatMan thing you got from me doing? It was awful how long it took to get to you. Thanks for the wheel comment, you're right, I have to agree they do look good on it for not being "correct" :lol: They also roll smooth as silk too!

Aussie16
First Name: Warwick
Last Name: Landy
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1916 LHD USA Touring 1916 RHD Canadian Touring 1916 Pickup

Post by Aussie16 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:24 am

Her you go Tim. Fatman rim installed. I have since had the seat cushion lowered a bit also and access from the drivers side is now possible. Ironically, I have since been able to purchase a beautiful original Bauer Fatman which will now go on the car. The brass one will go on my speedster project. Was great to do a deal with you and will be even better to meet you in person one day on tour somewhere.
Attachments
20220219_124757.jpg

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic