Keystone Cops tour fun

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
TWrenn
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Wrenn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13 Touring, '26 "Overlap" Fordor
MTFCA Number: 30701
MTFCI Number: 24033
Board Member Since: 2019

Keystone Cops tour fun

Post by TWrenn » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:38 pm

Today was the first of a 3 day tour sponsored by the Keystone Cops club. We're touring the area around Newton Falls, Ohio. Beautiful Amish/Mennonite country, covered bridges, a model train museum like no other, great Amish buffet (gained 5 lbs. I'm sure). Fantastic day. A little rain but no big deal. Tomorrow will be just as nice of a tour, including a stop at Snyders. I'll pick up my order there and save shipping!
Attached just a few highlights. Kudos to Jim & Sue Cook for all their work putting it together.
Attachments
Tour members in in the rock formations..guess you could say we were "on the rocks"! Ha ha
Tour members in in the rock formations..guess you could say we were "on the rocks"! Ha ha
Unbelievable rock formations
Unbelievable rock formations
Small sample of the train setup...unbelievable.
Small sample of the train setup...unbelievable.
Lined up at the train museum
Lined up at the train museum

Topic author
TWrenn

Re: Keystone Cops tour fun

Post by TWrenn » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:17 pm

DAY TWO...
Traveled to the Leetonia Beehive Coke Oven site, built in 1866. Amazing place. Coke ovens numbering towards 100. Great lunch at an Amish restaurant in Columbiana. Stops at Snyders parts store as well as Don's fantastic
display of all sorts of classic and vintage cars. Then off we went to Warren to one of the tastiest ice creamery places in Ohio. We were running a bit behind so skipped the Packard Museum. Still had a great day of touring with no rain this time.
Attachments
Wouldn't be a day on tour without someone having their head stuck in or under a car for a quick adjustment!
Wouldn't be a day on tour without someone having their head stuck in or under a car for a quick adjustment!
Some of the group parked in front of a few of the ovens.
Some of the group parked in front of a few of the ovens.
Beautiful drive to the Leetonia Coke ovens. <br />Good thing no one was coming the other way!! LOL
Beautiful drive to the Leetonia Coke ovens.
Good thing no one was coming the other way!! LOL
Of COURSE the guys HAD to go shopping!  I picked up an order that I phoned in, as well as Mike our club Prez.
Of COURSE the guys HAD to go shopping! I picked up an order that I phoned in, as well as Mike our club Prez.
Lined up in front of Don Snyders car museum bldg.
Lined up in front of Don Snyders car museum bldg.

Aussie16
First Name: Warwick
Last Name: Landy
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1916 LHD USA Touring 1916 RHD Canadian Touring 1916 Pickup

Post by Aussie16 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:00 pm

I love the idea of going "shopping" at Snyders. I dont think I would get out of there without a full trolley! What cars do they have in the museum building? Great pictures of what looks like a fun tour.

Topic author
TWrenn

Post by TWrenn » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:12 pm

Hey Warwick...
Well we 'bout cleaned 'em out! Lotsa tires, some model A stuff, lotsa parts.

Don has everything from a 1909 Coupe, a gorgeous 1911 Limousine...only one in the world (think that's what he said), a beautiful 1916 Town Car, tons of 50s & 60s cars of all types, many totally original. Finally met him of course, a super, nice and quiet guy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic