For Sale: Professionally Rebuilt Complete 1922 Engine/Transmission

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Larry
First Name: Larry
Last Name: Gresh
MTFCI Number: 15762

For Sale: Professionally Rebuilt Complete 1922 Engine/Transmission

Post by Larry » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:45 pm

This is a professionally rebuilt 1922 engine with transmission. It came with a speedster project that I purchased several years ago and I kept the engine with plans of using it in one of my own cars. The woman I bought it from said that her husband had the engine professionally rebuilt and she thought it was Ron's Machine Shop in Southwest OH that did the work.
VIN # 6027XXX
- New Aluminum Pistons (060) and new rings
- Completely machined, line bored and rebabbitted block (I can tell this was a nice engine to start with)
- Mains are 20, rods are 10 (The babbitt work on this engine is as nice as I have seen. Rod caps have been drilled and holes tapered and dippers installed)
- New valve seats & over sized valves.
- New original style lifters
- Reground cam
- New ring gear
- Rebuilt mag coil
- Newly recharged magnets
- New crank and cam gear
- Completely rebuilt transmission with new bands
- Rebabbitted rear main (ball cap)
- All new gaskets.
I have not tightened the head bolts, transmission cover bolts or lower pan bolts just in case someone wants to look at it before purchasing it. I can torque the head bolts and tighten the pan and transmission cover bolts if the buyer would like.
$3800.00
Should make someone a wonderful engine for about 1/2 of what they will spend to rebuild theirs.
DSCN0808.JPG
DSCN0810.JPG
DSCN0812.JPG
DSCN0815.JPG
DSCN0820.JPG

Topic author
Larry
First Name: Larry
Last Name: Gresh
MTFCI Number: 15762

Re: For Sale: Professionally Rebuilt Complete 1922 Engine/Transmission

Post by Larry » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:58 pm

Just realized that we posted this in the wrong spot. Working on changing it now.
Thank You,
Larry

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic