The Rarest Model T Ever! ??? On you tube

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
FATMAN
First Name: ROBERT
Last Name: BERGSTADT
MTFCA Number: 1575

The Rarest Model T Ever! ??? On you tube

Post by FATMAN » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:16 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXgkt2aytNM
cool video, how much is correct.?

Norman Kling
First Name: Norman
Last Name: Kling

Re: The Rarest Model T Ever! ??? On you tube

Post by Norman Kling » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:00 pm

A few things I noticed:
In 1913 there were few if any people who listened to radio. Most people used a wind up phonograph or played instruments and invited family and friends to join them for a music session.
When he demonstrated how the pedals work, he didn't explain neutral or how to use neutral when in reverse. Didn't mention anything about the parking brake.
When he started the car did not adjust the richness or prime the cylinders. I think the engine was warmed up and ready to go because he just pulled up and it started right up and ran smoothly.
Also did not mention much about the black era cars, but skipped right from the brass cars to the improved cars and only talked about the colors, but not about the changes in the improved cars.
Probably other things as well.
Norm

dykker5502
First Name: Michael
Last Name: Deichmann
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1914 Touring, 1921 Roadster P/U, 1922 Fordor (danish custom body)
MTFCA Number: 29116
Board Member Since: 2007

Post by dykker5502 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:15 pm

Norm, it's not a Phd thesis, and there are limits of how much details you can have in just 22 minuttes.
Ford Model T 1914 Touring
Ford Model T 1921 Roadster Pick-up
Ford Model T 1922 Fordor (danish build body)
ECCT, Strobospark, HCCT(Sold), Rebuilding coils

Darren J Wallace
First Name: Darren
Last Name: Wallace
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 Canadian Touring 1905 Queen model B
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by Darren J Wallace » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:40 pm

Hello all!
That’s my car in the video!
I do not know why they chose the title they did. I believe it was because I have so much history of the car since new possibly (?)

Yes it was warmed up for filming. Yes, there’s historical details that may be challenged, but my friends who did this project mainly focus on critiquing modern vehicles for fun. The video is meant to be very light hearted and entertaining.
There’s a fine line with the general public that you will loose them from boredom with too many details only guys like us give a a crap about. The video took all day to film and a ton of stuff was omitted, and omitted by a studio that has to condense it to 20 minutes and are not antique car experts let alone Ford model T experts. Heck I’m no expert, I will love to learn anything about my car I’m either not well versed in or simply don’t know outright!
I used to work with Jared years ago and he’s wanted to do this video for years. I think they will come back and do one on my 1905 Queen sometime.
These guys got info from me which some of which I’m sure I may have made boo boos on. The rest they harvested off of the net, correct or not…
One thing I can tell you is I do have the province of my car since brand new. I have photos of it from as early as 1929, and photos of the original owners when they bought it new and where it was sold new.
The only thing that anyone could question on my car is the carbide generator. None of my original pics show it as it blocked by family in the photos, and it was presumed missing and replaced later by a prestolite tank. It was built in Walkerville, Ontario Canada in October of 1912, and the only things that are actually 1913 on my car are the rad, windshield, and body. I felt it was appropriate to install a 1912 all brass Victor generator, since all the lights are 1912 mismatched brands, and that was the way it was built. My pics show all those wonderful details since new.
Engine number B 872.
One thing I’m proud to say is that my T runs very reliably and will run all day long for fun. It does start as easy cold as it does hot, but only when I’m alone! LOL!!! It’s been gone through from front to back mechanically. Since July of 1956 it was my grandfather’s car and we’re the second family to own it. If you have any questions about it, please ask! It’s a very complete original car including the upholstery. Sadly it received a crummy coat of paint before it was passed down to me. In 1989, it still had what was left of the original paint including the body pinstripes.

I thought they did a great job and I hope you guys found it entertaining and enjoyable too.
1913 Canadian Touring & 1905 Queen, both cars are 4 generation family owned cars

Bruce Compton
First Name: Bruce
Last Name: Compton
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1921 Coupe, 1925 Coupe

Post by Bruce Compton » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:58 pm

Darren; I watched and enjoyed the video months ago on you-tube. While not perfect, they did a fine job of describing your T. I have a '14 runabout (American car) that I'm really enjoying too. It's a shame that someone painted your car but it's still amazing, especially up here in the frozen North.

Bruce Compton
First Name: Bruce
Last Name: Compton
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1921 Coupe, 1925 Coupe

Post by Bruce Compton » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:00 pm

Darren: Forgot to ask.....do you know Cliff Love??

dykker5502
First Name: Michael
Last Name: Deichmann
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1914 Touring, 1921 Roadster P/U, 1922 Fordor (danish custom body)
MTFCA Number: 29116
Board Member Since: 2007

Post by dykker5502 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:00 pm

Warren, what a beautiful T! I just sit here and look forward to get my 14 out on the roads again!

Good that we got that Henry quote myth killed - but he was wrong about Canada making Model T's for the UK. Since 1911 Ford had the first assembly work outside North America in Manchester, England. Actually they did much of the development necessary to make RHD Model T's since there where a lot of challenges with space on the right side of the engine. Also the bodies in Manchester where at some point produced in England.
There us 2 good books about "The english Model T".
Ford Model T 1914 Touring
Ford Model T 1921 Roadster Pick-up
Ford Model T 1922 Fordor (danish build body)
ECCT, Strobospark, HCCT(Sold), Rebuilding coils

Pat Branigan Wisc
First Name: Pat
Last Name: Branigan
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 two1910, two1911, 1913 Tourings
MTFCA Number: 52262

Post by Pat Branigan Wisc » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:09 pm

Thanks for sharing. You did a GREAT job Darren.

Darren J Wallace
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 Canadian Touring 1905 Queen model B

Post by Darren J Wallace » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:16 pm

Thanks guys!
I don’t believe I know Cliff Love. Maybe I know him from driving his car. I seem to remember T’s better than faces! Lol!
1913 Canadian Touring & 1905 Queen, both cars are 4 generation family owned cars

A Whiteman
First Name: Adrian
Last Name: Whiteman
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 TT, 1924 Colonial Roadster, 1924 'Bullnose' Morris, 1925 'Bullnose' Morris, 1936 JD AR

Post by A Whiteman » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:24 pm

Well Done :-)

An enjoyable 20minutes, and overall I think a good job in presenting the T. I liked the light hearted tone, if I didn't have a T it almost makes me go and find one ;-)

Nice to 'meet you' Darren, and it seems you had a ball doing the video too :-)

Cheers
Adrian

Scott_Conger
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Conger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13, '15, '19, '23

Post by Scott_Conger » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:43 pm

Fun

thanks for posting Darren
Scott Conger

Tyranny under the guise of law is still Tyranny

NH Full Flow Float Valves
Obsolete carburetor parts manufactured

Norman Kling
First Name: Norman
Last Name: Kling

Post by Norman Kling » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:23 pm

Darrin, I didn't mean to offend anyone. Mr. Bergstadt who first posted this, asked the question, and I tried to find things which were not exactly correct. I am not as familiar with Canadian 14 T's as many others so I was not looking so much at the car as the story being told. Sorry.
Norm

Darren J Wallace

Post by Darren J Wallace » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:43 pm

Norman, no worries, I was not offended at all. I thought I would just clarify things, as I knew there were errors, but thanks for being such a gentleman about it. I’m sorry my reply came across like I was offended. An apology isn’t needed but it is much appreciated and respected!😊 Thank you for your thoughts!

dobro1956
First Name: Donnie
Last Name: Brown
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Sport Touring, 1919 Speedster, 1914 Speedster, Wards tractor conversion, non starter 1926 Improved Touring
MTFCA Number: 49575

Post by dobro1956 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:31 pm

Thanks to your friends and you for doing this video. I enjoyed it and found it to be more acurate than most History Channel shows. It's light hearted approach was a good choice as it helps keeps today's audience watching. Thanks again

Russ_Furstnow
First Name: Russ
Last Name: Furstnow
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 Touring, 1913 Touring, 1914 Runabout, 1915 Coupelet, 1916 Coupelet
MTFCA Number: 28
MTFCA Life Member: YES
MTFCI Number: 10546

Post by Russ_Furstnow » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:33 am

Darren,
I really enjoyed the video and your commentary throughout. The video was well done, informative and light-hearted, and I'm glad Bob Bergstadt posted it on the forum. Thanks for sharing and continue to drive and enjoy your wonderful Model T.
Russ Furstnow

A Whiteman
First Name: Adrian
Last Name: Whiteman
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 TT, 1924 Colonial Roadster, 1924 'Bullnose' Morris, 1925 'Bullnose' Morris, 1936 JD AR

Post by A Whiteman » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:00 pm

Added a link to the video on our Video Page: https://mtfca.com/phpBB3/app.php/gallery/album/302

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic