"Speedster Project" updates

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Gen3AntiqueAuto
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Foye
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 27 Fordor, 15 speedster (2), 23 touring, 26 fordor, 25 TT
MTFCA Number: 292
MTFCA Life Member: YES
MTFCI Number: 106
Board Member Since: 1999

"Speedster Project" updates

Post by Gen3AntiqueAuto » Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:30 pm

Not all that exciting but I thought you guys would want to see what I found under all the gunk and dirt. Project is on hold (the engine anyway) until I can get some T parts sold or the videos go viral (unlikely). I am up to my eyeballs in bills here and apparently everything we own decided to break all at once - no joke, sewer drain, commercial hair drier, kitchen faucet burst, destroyed the cabinet, TWO hot water heaters burst, the main water line in my house burst and drowned the washer and drier, dishwasher died, oven died, camera died, modern truck is in the shop, sump pump died - It's been a rough month! I did find part of this amusing - when a copper pipe is rubbed through and 75-100psi of water is released it sounds like a big rig air horn. Toot-toot.

So the toys have to take a backseat for a bit, and when you see what I found in this engine you'll understand why it's paused for now. The plan was for this to be a simple refurb without the need to hire a machine shop and for youtube to pay for a very few things I don't already have (gaskets, new cam gear, etc). Nope.

For those curious how my master plan is panning out - the videos I have worked so hard to make have generated about a thousand dollars so far. Awesome right? Nope. Unfortunately for me, youtube has decided that my cut of that is only $18 (which they won't let me have until the balance hits $100). I'm a little disappointed! Views are super low - about 100 on average per video. I expected thousands. I guess there is not a lot of interest in Model T how to videos these days...

I do have literal tons to sell here so if you're interested in picking the piles let me know.
Video link for the block examination: https://youtu.be/6-MM7HGFYfc
Gen III Antique Auto - we do Model T Ford Restorations

You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want -Zig Z.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeROBg ... pB-KImprjw