AC Brake parts and MOLDS for sale ESTATE SALE

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
critterpainter
First Name: Bill
Last Name: Dodd
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 14 T Touring
MTFCA Number: 27186
Board Member Since: 2007

AC Brake parts and MOLDS for sale ESTATE SALE

Post by critterpainter » Sat May 27, 2023 12:34 am

I just saw in Model T Club of Facebook that the tooling and parts in stock for the AC BRAKES that Larry Sidmore made is for sale by ELITE ESTATE SALES. There was no phone number listed, but rather contact them through Facebook Messenger.
Sorry thats all I know
14 Touring

DanTreace
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Treace
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '23 cutoff, '25 touring, '27 touring
MTFCA Number: 4838
MTFCI Number: 115
Board Member Since: 2000

Re: AC Brake parts and MOLDS for sale ESTATE SALE

Post by DanTreace » Sat May 27, 2023 8:49 am

Here's the FB link to the Estate Sale site, with photos of some of the parts, as explained, the family would like have it continue as a side business to any model T person, like a one-man shop. Price is I think a rather low $15k for all the patterns and inventory worth $30K>. Hope someone goes for it, these are nice brakes.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1753221 ... 5615074907

Turlock, CA, United States, California

(209) 226-0221

Garynschwinden@gmail.com

Goeliteestatesales.com
The best way is always the simplest. The attics of the world are cluttered up with complicated failures. Henry Ford
Don’t find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain. Henry Ford

Susanne
First Name: Susanne
Last Name: Rohner
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Late '15 touring, "Angel".
MTFCA Number: 464
MTFCA Life Member: YES
Board Member Since: 1999

Re: AC Brake parts and MOLDS for sale ESTATE SALE

Post by Susanne » Sat May 27, 2023 11:14 am

I absolutely agree, the brakes Larry was making (RIP, sir!) were first rate and worked. If I were still in the states, I would seriously give consideration to pooling some of my retirement savings and keeping these going... Heck, if I could do it here (can't due to the working while retired provisions of living here) I would be scrambling to find a way... a LOT of countries over here require 2 separate braking systems, so... yeah. 15 grand is CHEAP for all that, PLUS a turnkey business.

I was also thinking... even tho they are, of course, AC brakes designed around a T, I'm not uncertain that they (or a similar design using the AC tooling) couldn't have alternative applications... 8-) I'll just chalk it up to bad timing... :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic