Pricing advice

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
jeffstag
First Name: Jeff
Last Name: Versteeg
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '27 TT, '25 TT, '23 Fordor, '23 Touring

Pricing advice

Post by jeffstag » Wed May 29, 2019 10:12 am

Hey folks,
I've kind of struggling with what value to pin on a TT truck (photo included). I need to raise funds so I want to get the most of out this that I can, yet at the same time don't want to offer some unrealistic price that I'll never get. I've already got two perspective buyers. I bought it to resell, so I don't know all the intimate history here. It's a good 20 footer but the paint is older and a bit worn. It run well and runs on mag. Seems to drive nice and has the desirable high speed gear set in the rear end. The back bottom of the cab was rusted and has been repaired poorly with pop rivets, although these can only be seen when you remove the seat the look down near the bottom. Its a poor repair but still presents alright as long as you don't look closely. I looked at the bands and I think they're cotton, but seen to be working fine for now. The truck is a '26 and everything seems correct except for the horn (model A) and an added siren (because why not) and little details that I notice (things like, oh that's not the right nut for that location, stuff like that). It's running an NH rather than the vaporizer. I was initially thinking around $8K based on what trucks have been selling for online but then increased that when I found out about the rear end but then decreased it when I looked at the cab more closely so now I'm not sure where I'm at. Opinions?
Attachments
IMG_0005.JPG
23 Touring
23 Fordor
25 TT
27 TT

George House
First Name: George
Last Name: House
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: ‘10 Maxwell AA, ‘11Hupp Model 20, Two 1914 Ford runabouts, 19 centerdoor, 25 C Cab,26 roadster
MTFCA Number: 115
MTFCA Life Member: YES
Board Member Since: 1999

Re: Pricing advice

Post by George House » Wed May 29, 2019 10:29 am

Has a Ford Metal Enclosed Cab WITH DOORS so, in my opinion, that’s a big plus. A very small % of TTs originally sold with Ford bodies. And, very unusually, doors seem to have been popularly discarded over the years. I think $8000 is a little light. I’d go with $10,500...
I don’t know why I turned out this way. My parents were decent people 🤪

Mark Gregush
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Gregush
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 cutdown PU, 1920 Dodge touring, 1948 F2 Ford flat head 6 pickup 3 speed
MTFCA Number: 52564

Post by Mark Gregush » Wed May 29, 2019 12:51 pm

My Op and others may differ;
Based on what you describe so far and without more information on running gear (has high speed rear), wheels, tires and considering your location I would say more likely in the $5000-$8,000 range.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1925-Ford-Mode ... ondition=4

Primers on selling from Steve Jelf;

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG100.html

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG99.html

Black era T prices are down and while there is a part of the hobby that goes for TT trucks, there is not as many as would be for cars. Nice looking truck by the way.
Mark
I know the voices aren't real but damn they have some good ideas! :shock:

1925 Cut down pickup
1920 Dodge touring
1948 Ford F2 pickup

Topic author
jeffstag
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '27 TT, '25 TT, '23 Fordor, '23 Touring

Post by jeffstag » Wed May 29, 2019 1:33 pm

Thanks. Chassis is all nice and correct. Radius rods are nice. The tires look new. There are no accessory shocks or anything. The spokes are normal. All good and tight but not filled to a high finish. I always appreciate when the spokes are painted black, since its always such a temptation to varnish them. There's a couple extra holes in the frame for mounting a fabricated trailer hitch. Prices are all over the more you look, which is why I'm conflicted. I was just going to figure it out myself, but I know the forum always like to discuss stuff and see pictures. Here's a good one I took of it last week at Sauder Village
Attachments
IMG_E0183.JPG
23 Touring
23 Fordor
25 TT
27 TT

Topic author
jeffstag

Post by jeffstag » Wed May 29, 2019 1:42 pm

Oh, as an FYI. I bought this without title in Michigan and the process was fairly painless. I had to get a surety bond at a cost of about $300, but that was very easy to do through Hagerty and the cops had to come out to my place to inspect the engine number, but then the paperwork sailed through and I'm expecting the title in the mail. No funny business like an 'assembled vehicle' or anything like that either. When I bought it there were some people thinking I'ld have to tell some white lies and fudge some things to get it to go through, but the process worked with no issues.
23 Touring
23 Fordor
25 TT
27 TT

George House
First Name: George
Last Name: House
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: ‘10 Maxwell AA, ‘11Hupp Model 20, Two 1914 Ford runabouts, 19 centerdoor, 25 C Cab,26 roadster
MTFCA Number: 115
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Post by George House » Wed May 29, 2019 2:14 pm

Jeff,
Whereas the MTFCA is the best place to sell parts, it’s the worst to sell cars and, especially TTs.You just heard from 2 of the biggest naysayers and poo-pooers of trucks. I just sold this restored C Cab for $25,000. Sure, it has a Ford Truck bed, Ruckstell, Warford and 5.25/1 worm and ring gear but it’s not worth 5 times yours. Go ahead with $10,500 and advertise it locally...
Attachments
BB0F5546-4CC4-4E31-B72A-0555C7F2B101.jpeg
FB0F0BB8-7212-4ABB-885F-8FB417E83FB0.jpeg
I don’t know why I turned out this way. My parents were decent people 🤪

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic