Thank you Stan Howe

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
W Austen
First Name: Bill
Last Name: Austen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915

Thank you Stan Howe

Post by W Austen » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:00 am

Many years ago I had a Stromberg OF rebuilt by Stan, thinking I would use it on a car at a later date. Well last week while getting my car ready for the 4th of July parade I took my manifolds off to change the gaskets, and had a little accident - I dropped the intake manifold with the OF carb. that I had been running for the last 45years and broke the throttle lever off it. Well I went into the shop and got out the OF Stan rebuilt and replaced my old one.
Stans carb started the car on the third pull and ran great. Every time I had to start the car yesterday it started on the 2nd or 3rd pull. After sitting on the shelf for about ten years and just putting it on the car without touching anything Stans adjustments were perfect. When I received the carb. from Stan all those years ago I didn't want to use it because it was so pretty. Now I have to figure out how to make a throttle lever for my old Of so I have a spare carb to put back on the shelf.Thank you Stan for the quality work. Bill Austen