Nice article on Ts and Seven really nice 1920's Ford Advertisements

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Hap_Tucker
First Name: Hap
Last Name: Tucker
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 cut off touring; 1918 touring; 1922 Speedster
MTFCA Number: 100
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Nice article on Ts and Seven really nice 1920's Ford Advertisements

Post by Hap_Tucker » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:20 pm

I want to thank Mr. Robert Tate for his latest article for the Motor Cities National Heritage called, “The Ford Model T Was An Iconic Automobile.” It is a positive article about T’s. It has seven great Model T Ford advertisements from the 1920s see: https://www.motorcities.org/story-of-the-week/ Please don’t get wrapped around the axle that some of his dates for the advertisements appear off by a few years. He was using the dates they were filed / labeled. And they appeared to me to not be off by more than two years in one case. The article also has some places were the dates or figures could have used some double checking -- but no one can know all of the dates for all of the various cars etc.

If you are looking for better accuracy I would recommend Bruce McCalley’s book “Model T Ford.” If you are looking for some nice screen savers – I would recommend checking out those advertisements. They appear larger to me than the similar ones Bruce had printed in his book and CD. And for 99% of the reading public it will be a good short Model T article.

Thank you again Mr. Tate for the article!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off