drive to tractor show

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
RichardG
First Name: Richard
Last Name: Grzegorowicz
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1921 T pickup

drive to tractor show

Post by RichardG » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:07 pm

Steve, read with interest your trip to tractor show, up here in the north that's all we have are tractor show, and every now and then a gas engine show will pop up, we don't get invited so we just show up, last September i took my t to a show in Ludlow v,t, and gave the 96 year old lady a ride I bought it from, she told me the last time she rode in it was 1934, her 73 year old son said he never heard it run, it was in there family from new, it was stored in a building on the farm that collapsed in the 38 hurricane and hid there till the 60s, they dug it out to clean the land up to sell, and moved the twisted bent poor ole lady[ the car] to springfield V.T. where I found it. and wrenched it back , the son of the owner did a lot of tinkering on it before he died, that was a lucky day for me to get lost looking for a 2-n ford-I never found. i had the same thing with a plug, after the second time it now resides in the spare dept of the tool kit. i twisted so hard you would think it would have cracked the glass, perhaps it was parts someone put together at some time, because it leaked soot up around the top nut, so it was mismatched, i liked it because it had the red FORD on the glass part. speaking of spark plugs, i was in a junque shop a while back and found a primer plug, it looks to be mint shape, see them in photos, never thought i would own one, they are neat. the same shop i found a brass oil cap with FORD on top, wont fit in my 21- seems a bit larger where it slides in the opening, just neat looking. I like reading your happinings , always interesting.