Wooden pickup bed plans

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Tmodelt
First Name: Kim
Last Name: Wynn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1923 Roadster & 1927 Speedster

Wooden pickup bed plans

Post by Tmodelt » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:25 pm

Looking for plans and material list to build wooden pickup bed that will fit my "23" Roadster. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark Osterman
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Osterman
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1923 runabout

Re: Wooden pickup bed plans

Post by Mark Osterman » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:39 pm

Just saw a very nice original wood pick up box for a ‘23 T in a barn this afternoon. It was bolted onto a front axle as a trailer but would come off easily. They wanted $400. Was near Albion NY.
Attachments
2AE56072-CCEE-42BE-BA5C-BFA8D0C4A8F4.jpeg

DanTreace
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Treace
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '23 cutoff, '25 touring, '27 touring
MTFCA Number: 4838
MTFCI Number: 115
Board Member Since: 2000

Post by DanTreace » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:25 pm

Quick search on google:

https://www.google.com/search?q=model+t ... d+drawings

Or you can buy wood bed kit or plan reprint from Lang's Antique Auto Parts.... part # FB2. $10.50
The best way is always the simplest. The attics of the world are cluttered up with complicated failures. Henry Ford
Don’t find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain. Henry Ford

Hap_Tucker
First Name: Hap
Last Name: Tucker
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 cut off touring; 1918 touring; 1922 Speedster
MTFCA Number: 100
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Post by Hap_Tucker » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:21 pm

Kim,

"The Vintage Ford" had two different articles with pickup bed plans. Both are based on Murray Fahnestock's original plans. One was a reprint and the other added suggestions on how to replace some of the forged parts with parts made from bending metal straps etc.

If you or anyone else would like a free digital copy of them -- drop me an e-mail with your e-mail address and I will send them your way. If you put "Send T pickup bed plans"or something similar in the subject line -- it will be read much sooner. The club allows us to share those articles for non-commercial purposes to promote our club and our hobby.

I don't remember how to contact me through the current message board -- I'm sure it is easy. But if you click on the following link -- it takes you to my old profile where my e-mail address is listed on the 3rd line down.

If you already have the magazines -- the revised article is in the May-Jun 1998 issue and the reprint is in the Mar - Apr 1979 issue.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Hap_Tucker
First Name: Hap
Last Name: Tucker
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 cut off touring; 1918 touring; 1922 Speedster
MTFCA Number: 100
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Post by Hap_Tucker » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:28 pm

Link - what link? I forgot the link to my profile on the old forum that has my e-mail. Sorry about that. It is: http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/boa ... cker-users

Respectfully added,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic