TT Top Wood

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Jeepbone1
First Name: Brad
Last Name: Kirtner
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924 Touring Car, 1927 Closed Cab TT, 1927 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 50618
Board Member Since: 2018

TT Top Wood

Post by Jeepbone1 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:49 pm

A 27 steel closed cab TT followed me home a while back. It came with two top wood kits. I started messing with it last night and realized that neither were totally “correct” for the truck. The four center slats needed to be trimmed to length and shaved slightly to fit in the sockets. The sides, front and back pieces are all long and the radius’s aren’t exactly a good fit either. They need to be almost clamped down or maybe I’ll just soak them to make them more playable. I have called around and found that there isn’t currently a wood kit produced for these trucks. These are about 3/4x 1” ish. Is this correct for the truck or should I look for something else. I can make them work but does anyone know what it could’ve been for. I know there is generally a good bit of fit and finishing to do but to what extent? Maybe a c cab? Any help is appreciated!

Brad

Topic author
Jeepbone1
First Name: Brad
Last Name: Kirtner
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924 Touring Car, 1927 Closed Cab TT, 1927 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 50618
Board Member Since: 2018

Re: TT Top Wood

Post by Jeepbone1 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:33 pm

TTT

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic