Rest in Peace Mr. Leon Parker

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Hap_Tucker
First Name: Hap
Last Name: Tucker
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 cut off touring; 1918 touring; 1922 Speedster
MTFCA Number: 100
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Rest in Peace Mr. Leon Parker

Post by Hap_Tucker » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:55 pm

I thought some of you would want an update about Leon. A paragraph from his obituary at: https://www.collierfuneralhome.com/obit ... !/Obituary is shown below:

“Mr. Leon M. Parker – May 25,1945 to Sep 22, 2019

Leon's love and passion was his 6 Model T's. He was a lifelong member of the Model T Club of America and was a respected member for his knowledge of the "T." He drew the re-wooding plans for many of the T's and was a spirited debater with other "T" members, which he welcomed.”

While I never had the privilege of meeting Leon in person, he was a big help to me with rewooding questions etc. on the forum.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Doug Keppler
First Name: Douglas
Last Name: Keppler
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924 Touring
MTFCA Number: 49716
Board Member Since: 2016

Re: Rest in Peace Mr. Leon Parker

Post by Doug Keppler » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:12 pm

Without Leons wood plans I would have never been able to restore my car. They were constant reference material during the early days of the build. Very sorry to hear of his passing. Rest in peace Leon
1924 Touring car
There's No Substitute for Proper Lubrication

Wayne Sheldon
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Sheldon
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Runabout 1913 Speedster
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by Wayne Sheldon » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:45 pm

Well, we have known for some time that he was not well, and it was not going to go better. Several threads about people needing help with the wood in their T projects have told us so.
Our deepest condolences to Leon's family and close friends. He will be missed, in many ways and by many people.

JTT3
First Name: John
Last Name: Tannehill
MTFCA Number: 49460

Post by JTT3 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:27 am

Leon was a great guy. I met him at Chickasha more than a decade ago. Over the years Leon was always a real friendly guy that was passionate about his hobby and a real mentor with his knowledge. I have missed him the past few years at Chickasha. I guess I hadn’t read about his illness. I am saddened by this news. I pray that his family finds comfort in the fact he was so well thought of and considered a friend / mentor by so many.

Steve Robbins
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Robbins
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 roadster pickup, 1926 tudor sedan
MTFCA Number: 30323
Board Member Since: 2012

Post by Steve Robbins » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:19 am

Bought a set of his wood plans from him at Chickasha about 10 years ago. Enjoyed visiting every year. Will be missed.

Scott_Conger
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Conger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13, '15, '19, '23
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by Scott_Conger » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:12 pm

That is too bad about Leon, but it is the future for all of us, with the only difference being how we are remembered. Leon sold me the plans I used on my runabout, which had been drawn by Mel Miller. I was not aware that Leon drew any of the plans that he sold, but am certainly no expert on the subject.

RIP Leon.
Scott Conger

Tyranny under the guise of law is still Tyranny

NH Full Flow Float Valves
Obsolete carburetor parts manufactured

Ron Patterson
First Name: Ronald
Last Name: Patterson
MTFCA Life Member: YES
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by Ron Patterson » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:33 am

At her request, I visited Leon Parker's wife Barbara yesterday in Benton Kentucky.
We looked over Leon's stash of Model T and A parts and I bought all the ignition coils he had and one 1915 coilbox.
She also has many copies of Leon's plans for re-wooding a Model T body and they are for sale.
There are still many other Model T and A parts for sale at very reasonable prices. .
Barbara has been unable to log into this Forum and asked that I post her contact information here.
You can contact her directly. If you have questions about the car parts she suggested speak to Cyrus Sharp.
Barbara Parker
126 Chickasaw Bluff
Benton, Kentucky 42025
270-493-6088

Cyrus Sharp
270-562-2758

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic